Pet "humble creature" tag should be removed or modified

I understand that mount and creature power is a huge deal, but with the pets things get real illogical real fast.

For example, I remember from when Tanris still played, he had a giant roc. I have a tiny little dove that doesn't fight back if you hit it. Both have the immortality pet trait. Both are listed as "a humble creature."

There is something intrinsically weird about Tanris's gigantic aggressive roc having the same tag as a tiny defenseless dove that can fit in a normal person's cupped hands. I think the comparison here is solid, but most of people's pets are similarly illogical. People have massive formidable creatures that are listed as "a humble creature." It's weird, and often not really fitting with the rest of Achaea, though admittedly it does make pets' role in combat easily manageable for the Garden.

I am not sure what the solution is game-mechanic-wise, but there should be some way to differentiate things like this.

Thank you for reading my idea

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I concur. Although Klendathu's gryphon is seldom ridden (he was a monk, then was gifted an xaohlatl), it is still a minor niggle of mine that it's listed as having a carthorse sized body, yet is a humble creature. Anyone who's ever had the misfortune to enter into conversation with the beast will know he's anything but humble, the arrogant little f...

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • The CONSIDER lines, as far as I know, are just based on the numeric level of the denizen, which doesn't translate directly to any particular attributes of the denizen (though it seems to usually correlate pretty well with max health). I would assume that all artie pets are created equal in terms of the mechanics, and thus all have the same low level and show up the same on CONSIDER. If I'm correct about that, the only possibilities I see to address your complaint would be to remove that line from the PROBE output, at least for pets, in which case you'd still see the same line for each if you CONSIDERed them; assign a different numeric level to each pet on creation, based on someone's subjective assessment of the creature as described, which seems like more added work than it's worth; or add a separate CONSIDER line for immortal denizens, in which case they'd still have the same tag, but it would be something like "This creature cannot be killed", instead of "It is a humble creature...". 

If you're just worried about the contrast between the CONSIDER line and the description, the first option seems like it would address that without requiring major mechanical changes. Could either just turn it off for pets, or make it configurable overall so you can turn it off and just use CONSIDER when you actually want that info for any denizen.
  • edited February 2015
    I make way too much money to be humble about creatures.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Does the "consider" line not affect how effective the mount is for trample?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Does the "consider" line not affect how effective the mount is for trample?
    I'm pretty sure the mount's level determines (or is at least an important factor in) both the consider line and trample's effectiveness, so basically yes.