Weaponmastery Specs Discussion

12346»

Comments

• Who cares about epteth stacks? All about that herb stacking.
  • edited January 2015
    Yeah I would not say SnB is very strong for salve stacking. For that, go dual cutting. 

• I am torn between dual blunt, dual cutting, and snb. I may go snb because the arties will be cheaper- I already have an SoA for dragonform.

• So now that we've been forced to choose what has everyone chosen? I'm 2h and enjoying it. Especially the affliction potential and seeing how people adapt to fight me. (Fuck you clumsiness! And Paralysis spam!)  Its pretty interesting watching everyone I fight throw up rebounding where the prep classes (monks/bms/knights/etc) would never use it in the past but now they all use it against me. Hitting rebounding/eating sip with a 3.5 second balance is hell but I'm learning to make it work.

What about everyone else? Feels like 90% of the people I ask say S&B with a few odd Dual Cuttings thrown in.

Any other Two-Handers out there?
    Rise, and rise again, until lambs become lions.
  • Dual blunt here and yeah I feel as though vast majority of everyone is going to be SnB really.
  • Just throwing this out here because someone suggested I mentioned it (I'll add that I have no experience with Knight combat in Achaea):

It will be easier to tweak fractures if the numbers and thresholds are hugely increased. Instead of inflicting one per hit (or curing one per sip), for instance, it could be 100 as a baseline (with the affliction threshold also multiplied by 100). If affliction or curing rate turns out to be too low or too high, they can be adjusted in far smaller steps than is possible if you have low numbers like 1 or 2. Unless tweaks are already done in fractions; then it wouldn't matter, but may be hard for players to track unless they can see the fractions.
  • With L2 and L3 scimitar what is the damage and balance time?
  • WessuxWessux Chattanooga
    Awful and probably around 1.8ish
    Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
  • Makarios said:
    Dsl limb damage is handled slightly differently now, yes. (Sorry, yes, that does mean your limbcounters will probably break.)
    Heh I doubt it.  Probably made about half of them more accurate XD.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Ernam said:
    Makarios said:
    Dsl limb damage is handled slightly differently now, yes. (Sorry, yes, that does mean your limbcounters will probably break.)
    Heh I doubt it.  Probably made about half of them more accurate XD.
    Cool Story, Bro

•        @Austere,                                         ,                            ? 

Was about to comment on how it's not necessary to post smartass replies to every post I make, but decided to take my own advice (and then failed to follow through).
    Ernam said:

@Austere,                                         ,                            ? 

Was about to comment on how it's not necessary to post smartass replies to every post I make, but decided to take my own advice (and then failed to follow through).
    Given the option of being called a smartass, a dumbass, or just an ass, I will take smartass all day, everyday. 

• I'm sorry to hear those are your only choices =).
  • Well, we can't all be badasses.
    Eld said:
    Well, we can't all be badasses.
    Or jackasses. How many times can we say ass before we get yelled at, I wonder. .
  • One too many, I reckon.
  • I am wrecking shit as unartied dual cut.

Artie scimitars must be -insane-.
    Are these people who aren't tumbling on a second leg break or are these people who don't tumble when you break the second leg? We should probably get some context on these people your wrecking.
  • The mana drain with Pith is painful as hell. Coupled with damn fast afflicting, it makes SnB locking look like a joke. Would make pairing with Priest or Apostate so awesome.

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Don't forget Lagul. Two bleed attacks every hit.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
    You can just shield/fly if you're getting low on mana. And then easily tumble on the second leg break. Or hell just apply to torso and eat the dsb like a champ.
  • Depending on your class, sure. If you are prep, you can easily take breaks, if you can afflict fast, you can take a break and try over. Struggling as 2h since you are so slow to build up momentum but that is not an issue with Dual Cutting really, more with how 2h struggles against tanky opponents and good hindering.

• edited February 2015
    I don't know how much shielding/flying helps.  Shielding leads to a phat axe rsl or a flat raze so I think webbing is probably a better option, unless it's artifact fun time. Flying gets blocked by Isaz just like trying to move, not sure how it would be better than trying to leave the room, especially if you have room hinderance. Are you trying to avoid lunge? Also Mizik's not prepping limbs, at least not that I've seen, he's just bleeding out with pith and seeing if you ooze to death before you get locked or not.  

I'm still figuring out the match-up tho, I'm sure there are a lot of tools I'm overlooking in 2h I could use.
  • I'm enjoying dual cutting for bashing, but wondering about snb - is it worth it for bashing without a SoA? Am thinking of holding off on switching until I can afford a SoA.
  • Wessux said:
    You can just shield/fly if you're getting low on mana. And then easily tumble on the second leg break. Or hell just apply to torso and eat the dsb like a champ.
    The reason why dual cutting with the mana drain rune is particularly strong is that, most systems are configured to not use any mana-related skills(like clotting/focus) past a certain percentage.

The procs are usually consistent enough for rapid mana drain and can put you in danger of getting focus locked if you have a clot x 10 alias like I do to prevent heavy bleed damage.

Rebounding would be good for sure but not really any option for prep-classes and shielding doesn't offer you that much defense against runie pressure. Flying is a bit unreliable against Isaz.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • edited February 2015
    Wessux said:
    The reason why dual cutting with the mana drain rune is particularly strong is that, most systems are configured to not use any mana-related skills(like clotting/focus) past a certain percentage.

Er, I would say that the reason why dual cutting with mana drain is particularly strong is that the amount of actual DPS (HP and mana combined) is EXTREMELY high (although the fact that it's split between health and mana obfuscates this fact, compared to someone just doing HP damage).

There's little to nothing I can do to make my character regain health or mana any faster, and even midbie 2C runies can put me at 50%/20% (and spamming shield) in what seems like a few moments, and I have a very carefully configured dynamic mana usage configuration.  I'll say that it's actually made me REALLY pay attention to parrying (and curing nausea) more (which I think was kindof intentional).

It wouldn't be quiet so bad if it wasn't for falcon, bleeding, darkshade, isaz/engage, gular, block, lunge/engage, wunjo/nairat, and thurisaz/hugalaz, but hey - it's about time Runies could kill people.  I'm all for it.  Just might want to do some tweaking in the upcoming classleads.

After dealing with it, combined with excellent venom stacking, I found its crazy good. Hard to deal with, but if you are extremely defensive you can manage. I feel it should be toned down a little bit. 
  • @Wessux : I think a mana drain runewarden would stack mental affs initially then move into a damage/lock stack after auto-focusing drains enough mana. Damage because some people don't notice how much they are bleeding for(assuming system turns off clotting past a certain mana percentage) and don't clot manually.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]