Creating new Bashing areas

I'm not sure how this goes, but @Tecton  and @Sarapis are you guys possibly looking to get new areas in the game? I wouldn't mind assisting with designing new areas. This could generally help out the growing population in Achaea and might even give people some more places to check out. I have a lot of ideas, but it depends on whether or not you guys are looking to get new areas in the game.

Comments

• Didn't they just recently add in that ravine place for dragons?
  • Yeah, I don't really go there. It's tough as balls.
  • Mephaos said:
    Yeah, I don't really go there. It's tough as balls.
    Probably made for Penwize level hunters.
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited February 2015
    Made for groups of high-level hunters I think. Personally, I don't see a need for more bashing zones. Unless it's a peak time, you can usually hunt pretty non-stop through various areas, even at dragon-level. 

Edit: Creating new areas is what the mortal builders do/did? Aren't they still around?
  • Mephaos said:
    I wouldn't mind assisting with designing new areas.
    What area would you make?

& can you write good?
  • I just want to add, I think new areas would be fun too though! I am sure they are adding some eventually and they should consider making more denizens tell lore stuff like the historian monk on Meropis and the guy at the Seat of Vastar who does!
  • Bluef said:
    Made for groups of high-level hunters I think. Personally, I don't see a need for more bashing zones. Unless it's a peak time, you can usually hunt pretty non-stop through various areas, even at dragon-level. 
    I'd like more areas where group bashing is recommended, within a particular level bracket. Which would mean more zones, but zones that cater to more than just the lone bashers and encourage groups (I wonder if having denizens able to "call guards" in some places would help with that). Problem with group-bashing zones for lower levels is that I'm not sure how you'd balance it so that a lone dragon couldn't steamroll an area intended for level 60-80 group bashing.

Areas with more lore, or that otherwise add to the game world, would also be preferable to just a ~40 room zone with X amount of mobs set up to die.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Sarathai said:
    Problem with group-bashing zones for lower levels is that I'm not sure how you'd balance it so that a lone dragon couldn't steamroll an area intended for level 60-80 group bashing.
    There could simply be some danger (like periodic room effects or denizen attacks) that's really devastating (something like 10 second stun for example), but they only hit a single random person in the room. Then it's almost impossible for one person, and the more people you have together the safer it is.

There are also a lot of ways it could be done if it involves more quest-ish things rather than normal bashing. For example, require multiple different things to be done at once; one person holds a door open or prevents some kind of trap from activating while another person kills the denizens, or there are denizens that are much more difficult together (for example, maybe they defend each other so it's hard to land a hit if they're together) and if you attack one the others will run in to help, so you have to attack them in different rooms at the same time to kill them separately.
  • Achaean bashing seems like it's becoming more and more akin to figuring out the best way to beat a major boss in WoW. :cry: I don't want to figure out the tactic I need to use to kill a mob. I just want to point my finger at it and watch the life force seep from its flesh. Other than shrine raising or defiling, I have a hard time seeing the appeal of group bashing. It definitely slows me down (unless I'm with other shaman), means I earn less Xp and gold per hour, and I also have to deal with running back to grab people, talkative types who want to socialize rather than hunt, etc. But maybe that's just me. What is so appealing about group hunting to you guys?
  • Areas designed for group hunting likely have much higher XP and/or gold rewards to make it worthwhile.

I like group hunting because hunting with friends helps make the grind of hunting less boring.
  • But spread across the group wouldn't those rewards (XP and gold) be about the same as a regular hunting area? 
  • When I say they would be higher to make it worthwhile, I meant it would be high enough to be worthwhile.

So, in my opinion, yes it would probably be more. But that's just my opinion, admin are best asked about the XP rates.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    It would be awesome if more things not only required group bashing, but actually were worth it for a group to bash it together. Specially if done in the way @Sena described. 
    As for me, I really enjoy helping other people bash. Its actually one of the things I like about knight classes, the ability to defend and otherwise tank damage for others. It makes it somewhat entertaining to have a goal like not letting someone in particular die.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited February 2015
    As far as liking group bashing goes, I enjoy the company. If the gold is going towards a specific thing (city, house, whatever), then I don't really care about the loot, I'll just keep at it until whoever's leading the group is happy with what we've made. Or until I have to go and do other things.
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."

• I liked being able to fill more of a support role when I was a priest (aura, hands, healing, rites, etc.), it was definitely more interesting than normal bashing. Beyond that, I can't really explain why group bashing feels less boring/monotonous than solo bashing. The speed is probably part of it, killing things and moving on to different things more quickly rather than sitting there trading attacks for 15-60 seconds (especially with a slow bashing attack).
  • Conversation helps the time pass also
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Mephaos said:
    I'm not sure how this goes, but @Tecton  and @Sarapis are you guys possibly looking to get new areas in the game?
    Jukilian said:
    Didn't they just recently add in that ravine place for dragons?
    Mephaos said:
    Yeah, I don't really go there. It's tough as balls.
    Can I have a new area to hunt in?
    Sure, here you go.
    Don't like it, too hard. Can I have a new area to hunt in that requires no effort?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I will do all my hunting in cavern of echoes... When I complete the fking elder dragon talisman set.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Rangor said:
    I will do all my hunting in cavern of echoes... When I complete the fking elder dragon talisman set.
    Protip: Ashtani and their icons don't drop dragon talismans :wink: 

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Rangor said:
    I will do all my hunting in cavern of echoes... When I complete the fking elder dragon talisman set.
    Protip: Ashtani and their icons don't drop dragon talismans :wink: 

They drop relics all the time, though.