Wrist Fractures

What do wrist fractures do as they stack up?

Comments

• ValdusValdus Australia
    Clumsiness and that's all, I think.

At least, that's what I read in the Two Handed discussion thread.

Viva la Bluef.
  • So if I hit head it gives nausea, does the nausea cause apply health to take longer or does the skull fracture cause it to take longer?
  • Noak said:
    So if I hit head it gives nausea, does the nausea cause apply health to take longer or does the skull fracture cause it to take longer?
    Skull fractures give nausea tics as well as increase the sip balance. (And, in turn, the apply health balance too).

Torso gives cracked ribs and reduces the effectiveness of sips (Sip for less, basically) as well as sensitivity.

Wrist fractures gives clumsiness tics.

Leg fractures give lethargy tics.
  • Kross said:
    Noak said:
    So if I hit head it gives nausea, does the nausea cause apply health to take longer or does the skull fracture cause it to take longer?
    Skull fractures give nausea tics as well as increase the sip balance. (And, in turn, the apply health balance too).

Torso gives cracked ribs and reduces the effectiveness of sips (Sip for less, basically) as well as sensitivity.

Wrist fractures gives clumsiness tics.

Leg fractures give lethargy tics.
    Huh. I was under the impression that each type of hit gave an affliction but also had an affliction like effect per stack. Maybe that's just torso/skull.
  • Leg fractures also hinder movement. 

• edited February 2015
    I think wrist fractures are the real-life implication of playing Achaea too much. That, and carpal tunnel syndrome.

We need to propose an herb or mineral to cure carpal tunnel syndrome. It's a matter of life or death. If you can't type, you can't play Achaea, and your character DIES PERMANENTLY. :-o

Help us, o Gods, HELP!!!
  • Leg fractures give a % increase of movement hindrance that increases dependent on the amount of leg fractures, too. Wrist fractures are the only ones that don't have a secondary effect afaik.

• I was under the impression that they do something similar to numbed hands, with like a % proc based on number of fractures, but I might be confusing it with strike hands.

• They have no secondary effect. This is primarily due to the potency of clumsiness as both a hinder and kelp buffer for sensitivity.
  • Thanks for the answers everyone.
  • @Makarios Do leg fractures work the same way or does each stack of leg fracture give higher chances of being unable to leave the room? Is lethargy a secondary effect? 
  • @Noak The more leg fractures your opponent has, the more likely they are to be stopped when trying to leave the room. Lethargy is the affliction (relapsing) that leg fractures give.
  • Kasa said:
    @Noak The more leg fractures your opponent has, the more likely they are to be stopped when trying to leave the room. Lethargy is the affliction (relapsing) that leg fractures give.
    But does lethargy have a separate effect from the leg fractures?
  • edited February 2015
    Oh! Lethargy is an affliction. It doesn't affect your ability to leave the room - it extends balance and equilibrium times. I'm sorry! :smile: It's cured by ginseng. Only actions taken while you have the affliction (before you cure it) have their eq/bal extended.
  • Thank you!
  • So just to sum up 2h stacks:

- Head shots give skull fractures which cause an increase to sip balance (plus apply health) and also give nausea affliction tics 

- Torso hits give cracked ribs which reduces the effectiveness of sips (heals for less) and also gives sensitivity affliction tics

- Arm hits give wrist fractures which give clumsiness tics

- Leg hits give leg fractures which makes it harder to move and also gives lethargy affliction tics
  • Pretty much, yes! :)
  • Yes, and if you build up enough torn tendons(leg fracs) you can devastate prepped legs into level 3 mangles. Parrying so key.
  • Don't they have an ability that shows them changes in their target's parrying?
  • Jovolo said:
    Don't they have an ability that shows them changes in their target's parrying?
    Nah the perceive or whatever that is costs no bal/eq but requires both can be done before attacks. Doesn't show change but shows parry.
  • Oh, essentially just as effective then. Not sure how you would hit parry as 2H in that case
  • Jovolo said:
    Oh, essentially just as effective then. Not sure how you would hit parry as 2H in that case
    The time from when battlefury comes back to the next hit isn't a very big window, so if you are spamming legs when parry was head (then switched to legs) then you could hit it.
  • It's not a very long window, and you also have to remember that you can only change your parry when you regain balance. I would recommend static-head, maybe torso if you're running a lot.
  • Perceive does not require bal/eq. What it requires is battlefury balance. 
  • Kasa said:
    Perceive does not require bal/eq. What it requires is battlefury balance. 
    Yes, but if your spamming attacks then you wouldn't necessarily see the parry change until you hit it. Unless your system can switch limbs instantly based on the perceive results.
  • While I was doing 2h, I used a queue for battlefury, and the server-side queue to attack. I didn't go off battlefury balance until I was attacking (all at once, using a server-side alias), so unless someone was able to track -exactly- when I get battlefury balance back, they wouldn't have been able to make me hit parry - and I don't think I did, except once against Daslin, when lag hit me really hard.
  • Kasa said:
    While I was doing 2h, I used a queue for battlefury, and the server-side queue to attack. I didn't go off battlefury balance until I was attacking (all at once, using a server-side alias), so unless someone was able to track -exactly- when I get battlefury balance back, they wouldn't have been able to make me hit parry - and I don't think I did, except once against Daslin, when lag hit me really hard.
    I am doing mostly the same. I queue battlefury (BF) speed/precision then an attack, and when BF comes back it automatically does a perceive. I might not be paying enough attention either, granted, since I'm a rookie fighter and trying to make sure I get all my rites down, falcon attacking, etc. 
  • Noak said:
    Kasa said:
    Yes, but if your spamming attacks then you wouldn't necessarily see the parry change until you hit it. Unless your system can switch limbs instantly based on the perceive results.
    Situational awareness, and macros/short aliases. No need to have a system to switch limbs.
  • Dracen said:
    Noak said:
    Kasa said:
    Situational awareness, and macros/short aliases. No need to have a system to switch limbs.
    Yeah, I did some testing last night and I think I just need to use perceive before I attack and be more aware of potential parry changes.
  • I tend to perceive when I attack, as well as when I regain battlefury balance(off balance) or a second before I regain balance. I normally don't hit parry ever unless someone changes their parry -right- before I attack, lagging, or i'm not paying much attention.