Housefavours

MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
edited February 2015 in The Golden Dais of Creation
Housefavours are pretty inconsistent rewards. I feel like that there is no real reason for there to be discrepancies between the housefavours of different ranking people. People have always argued with me about using the HF as a consistent reward because the HF of one person is not consistent with the HF of another, as HF is directly dependant on the rank of the housefavourer.

Two ways I feel like this could be changed.

1. Standardise all favours across the board.

2. Display the level of the favour on the logs, and allow the favourer to choose what level of favour he gives to someone. So a house rank 6 person can only give rank 1 housefavours, and a houserank 15 person can give rank 10 housefavours, but can also give 1-9 rank housefavours.

Santar also suggested that it may be better to have two different types of favour major/minor for those of you who can't scroll down two/three posts and read what he said.

One of these solutions would allow houses to use housefavours to reward people on a consistent basis and eliminate fast vs slow progress scenarios, because newbie x cannot be around when mentor z is, and gets favoured by mentor y  x times, but newbie a is favoured by mentor z also x times, and is a houserank higher because timezones. It would make the game seem a little fairer and create less resentment based on mechanical limitations.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Something like option two would be really great. Not a fan of option one at all, though.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Simple is usually easier to keep track of.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Standardize favours. Have minor and majors.
    I like so I posted again.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    edited February 2015
    I HF folks often, but do sometimes feel bummed that it's not nearly as rewarding to the person getting favoured by an HR7 as it would be getting it from the HL. Minor/Major with standardized sounds pretty cool to me.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • That system has always been broken  - not sure it is fixable given that it is subjective across the board.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• I agree with major and miner favours all the time. I mean you want to award your people for doing a great job but sometimes a reward is minor over others and sometimes it's the exact opposite. 

Also with the new system in place in terms of promotions once past HR5, it takes awhile to promote someone from HR5 to HR6. With the standardations or balance of favours this should make things much more smooth. 

I really believe that Housefavours need to be more simple to track, more standardised and even maybe a HOUSEFAVOUR MINOR <person> <reason> this would show appreciation for someone for doing a task or a favour or even meeting a more minor goal. HOUSEFAVOUR MAJOR <person> <reason> these would show appreciation for someone completing various tasks and commitment maybe a major city or House event like when @Melodie did the Crucible as an example.