Ask Your Producer: Valentine's Day 2015

Comments

• You're just trying to turn him on now.
  • MAAAAN don't you even start! There is an outlet in the sewers that leads right into Claw Cove! I'M GOING TO GET MY HARBOUR DAMN YOU!
  • @tecton Is there any planning to improve the Monk class in the near future? It seems Monks got nerfed badly.
    Light prevails, always
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Shibumi said:
    @tecton Is there any planning to improve the Monk class in the near future? It seems Monks got nerfed badly.
    We've got classleads coming up in a few weeks, feel free to file the perceived problems then, and we'll definitely look into them. Overall though, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, there is a push for more skill/strategy to come into play in PvP, so monks won't be going back to the level where they could just use their bashing combo on another player until they die.
  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    Can we have playable orcs and goblins and more orc and goblin RP in general. It's my personal favorite and MKO, well.
    Herenicus said:
    Can we have playable orcs and goblins and more orc and goblin RP in general. It's my personal favorite and MKO, well.
    Any new playable races will most likely be a unique concept, more than one of the standard fantasy/D & D tropes. Goblin and Orc RP is definitely something I'd like to see more of too!
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Where's my Triton reincarnation :(

• edited February 2015
    Tecton said:
    Kinilan said:
    When are you going to build my harbour in Mhaldor?
    When you finish digging a canal from claw cove, up the mountainside, and through the fortress walls - better get digging!

After it's dug, you'll then need to figure out a way to make water flow uphill.. oh man, I just got a mental image of casting off from the Mhaldor harbour:

*hint*
    (check at 3.17 on how)

Skye said:
    Where's my Triton reincarnation :(
    <Triton RP>Not for you, filthy landwalker!</Triton RP>

Daeir said:
    Speaking of Tritons, what ever happened to the Scyrian (?) guild of shadows and their relentless tinkering about with the submerged master crystal of the Crystalline Circle? I remember they sent an emissary to Targossas in the early days and there was more than a few deathsights referencing it, but then nothing for a long, long time.
    You'll have to wait and see!
  • When will it be possible to choose the name and/or the design of blademaster blades? I mean, picking the parameters among the ones already existing?
  • @Tecton : Any chance we could at least get one more Lacquer village comm shop? With a reasonable price? As it stands, the vast majority of affordable and semi-affordable and kinda-semi-affordable modifiers in forging rest on that commodity, and @Hhaos and @Tharvis from Hashan described Lacquer demand to me as "hysteria."

I know forging is no longer supposed to be particularly cheap, and I get that, but I think it kinda derails forging when everybody needs the same comm and that comm is as rare as Lacquer. It's not the cost, it's that I wonder if people will be able to forge enough to keep their shops stocked with this little supply and this much demand.
    Orzaansyn said:
    When will it be possible to choose the name and/or the design of blademaster blades? I mean, picking the parameters among the ones already existing?
    Not something we're looking at changing, I'm afraid. The RP/intention behind it is an sword that's made for you by a master weaponsmith.
    Aalm said:
    @Tecton : Any chance we could at least get one more Lacquer village comm shop? With a reasonable price? As it stands, the vast majority of affordable and semi-affordable and kinda-semi-affordable modifiers in forging rest on that commodity, and @Hhaos and @Tharvis from Hashan described Lacquer demand to me as "hysteria."

I know forging is no longer supposed to be particularly cheap, and I get that, but I think it kinda derails forging when everybody needs the same comm and that comm is as rare as Lacquer. It's not the cost, it's that I wonder if people will be able to forge enough to keep their shops stocked with this little supply and this much demand.
    Something we're keeping an eye on, and will adjust if needed. Naturally, following the intro of the new forging system, demand was high!
  • edited February 2015
    Silas said:
     but there really needs to be some mechanical backing to theft and espionage 
    On the espionage front, the only conceivable way to add mechanical backing would be to tokenize information such that you have some kind of item that represents your character (not you) knowing something, and thus its transfer could be completely governed by the game rules, and there could be no OOC transfer of it.

In practice though, this is pretty unsatisfying, and the tokenized information, by its nature, has to be pre-defined (at least in its scope) so that the game knows what the information the token represents means. That turns espionage into more of a separate 'theft' kind of game than anything that would feel like espionage, since none of the actual discussions among, for instance, city leaders could be tokenized. 

As a trivial example, say I buried treasure A in room X. The game could tokenize that info. Easy to say, "If Bob-the-adventurer has this token, then Bob-the-adventurer now knows where the treasure is buried." When we could have some process whereby Bob can "tell" another character about that token, creating a copy attached to the new character. And then you could mechanically listen in during the process, and overhear them, also gaining a copy of the token.

That's not even a good example, of course, because the player of Bob and the other characters could just go on skype and effectively copy that info from Bob's player to the other players that way, and then there's nothing stopping them from going to room X and just digging up the treasure.

The only way tokenizing info like that works is for situations where we're willing to restrict character actions based on not having a particular token, and I'm sure you can see how that effectively means that in Achaea, the only info that would be tokenized for this purpose is really trivial stuff that is very 'formatted' and already pretty much purely mechanical (so, for instance, nothing to do with politics, planning raids, etc etc). And then why bother? It's espionage about stuff that isn't really important to anyone, and it won't even really feel like espionage. 

It'd feel more like theft, as it so happens, which is interesting...except that the tokens would represent knowledge that in Achaea doesn't really matter, and so you're stealing stuff that is a bit pointless.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Tecton

1) Would you like to address the possibility of Kashar finally being a thing? (I KNOW YOUR SECRETS)

2) More intel on Fuschal, Myrinia and Crysinn pl0x (assuming I'm not foolish and just pulled these names out of some old af event)

3) Are ye opening up Thornwall Hold and/or Aster Keep soon?

4) #RiseOfKashar?

5) Temple fixes incoming?

6) Any statement on the upcoming accessibility of Therophage (specifically Kashar and the outlying civilization)

7) I ken haz Kashar?

8) I really want Kashar
    Huh. Neat.
    *hangs onto the edge of his seat*
    Huh. Neat.
  • Aalm said:
     I think it kinda derails forging when everybody needs the same comm and that comm is as rare as Lacquer. 
     Lacquer is only used by 25 of the roughly 208 descriptors, so I'm unsure what you mean. The only descriptors that use lacquer are the ones that are colours, and they are expensive by design. You want vermillion swords, you're gonna pay for them!

Lacquer's managed to price itself substantially lower than it was supposed to be in the villages, so expect that to get fixed! (The algorithm for comm price setting in villages is super old, is terrible, and appears to always result in comm prices dropping to near the bottom of their permitted range.)
    Ahmet said:
    @Tecton

1) Would you like to address the possibility of Kashar finally being a thing? (I KNOW YOUR SECRETS)

2) More intel on Fuschal, Myrinia and Crysinn pl0x (assuming I'm not foolish and just pulled these names out of some old af event)

4) #RiseOfKashar?

6) Any statement on the upcoming accessibility of Therophage (specifically Kashar and the outlying civilization)

7) I ken haz Kashar?

8) I really want Kashar
    Not really going to comment on any upcoming building releases/events at this time, very much something that is going to be something that'll be discovered in-game.
    Tecton said:
    Ahmet said:
    @Tecton

4) #RiseOfKashar?

7) I ken haz Kashar?

8) I really want Kashar
    Not really going to comment on any upcoming building releases/events at this time, very much something that is going to be something that'll be discovered in-game.
    SO IT IS KASHAR
    Huh. Neat.
    Ahmet said:
    Tecton said:
    Ahmet said:
    @Tecton

4) #RiseOfKashar?

7) I ken haz Kashar?

8) I really want Kashar
    SO IT IS KASHAR
    #DOWNWITHSAPIENCEUPWITHKASHAR #KASHARFORLEIF #KASHARBESTCONTINENT676AF
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    (Kashar isn't a continent.)
  • @Tecton Who is your favorite character whose name starts with C and ends with ooper, and is also 464 years old in game?

Sarapis said:
    Ahmet said:
    (Kashar isn't a continent.)
    Way to ruin the moment. Kashar is on the best continent. >.>
    Huh. Neat.
  • Is the fact you name so many rooms and items after me (Austere) a coincidence or on purpose?  Am I permitted to claim anything and everything Austere?

Are you pleased with all the class overhauls you all have done so far?  Are there any that missed or have fallen short of what you were going for originally?  

As far as I know, there has not been any old houses carried over during the renaissance.  Has the stance on allowing houses to stay(as long as they evolve/everyone agrees) been changed, or is deletion pretty much the standard? 
    edited February 2015
    @Tecton
    Are these new areas gonna be like next few days? Or is this another tradeskill type thing?  :p 
    Huh. Neat.
  • She even completed mazes that I never have :(

Speaking of mazes, why were @lorielan 's removed?
    Huh. Neat.
  • they weren't.

This discussion has been closed.