Evolve

http://evolvegame.com/

Anyone else playing this? Been pretty fun so far.

Comments

• I picked up the box and looked at it, does that count?

Honestly though if I had a system that could reliably run it I would. What's it like?
  • You're constantly active whether you're one of the hunters or the monster. You're either trying to dodge the hunters and keep out of their sight until you eat enough things to evolve into something powerful enough to put them down or as one of the hunters you'll be trying to constantly keep the pressure on the monster and force it into fights while it's still not in its final form and easy to manage. 
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    if enough people buy it that will play with me in my timezone, then i would definitely give it a shot

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Basically if you're not the monster, and the monster is Wraith, you're screwedarooski. That's what I got out of playing that game.

BTW you get a free PC beta if you have/buy Left 4 Dead and/or Bioshock infinite. I'd play the beta or wait before it goes on Steam sale before spending a full 60 bucks on the game.

It's fun, but I couldn't imagine playing it when you're not lanning with 3 of your friends and screaming like little girls. It's pretty hilarious as a hangout game.. beats board games anyway, it certainly keeps you awake.
  • $60... yeah. Not any time soon  :/

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
    oh jeeze. refuse to buy games that are not finished. 

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • Looked good but I'm waiting for a sale.

• Mishgul said:
    oh jeeze. refuse to buy games that are not finished. 
    Beta's done. It was released 2 days ago.
    oh ok

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • Whenever it gets to me from Gamefly, I'll be on PS4 with it.
  • Yup. Xbox One. Great game so far. Pretty intense. 
  • WessuxWessux Chattanooga
    This game is awesome, but I only got to play it at my friends house. :(
    Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
  • Well since the game has been released, can't get the beta anymore. Disregard whatever I said!

Still, I'd wait for a sale.
  • Yeah... that's the biggest gripe people have been giving about it. It's not worth a full $60. They're right, too.
    Still, on a GF sub, it's not that bad. It's actually pretty fun. @Nicaara is pretty spot-on about the Wraith comment though... the hunters quickly become the hunted. The DPS is real.

I'm on PS4

Tribal_Compton

if anyone is interested.
  • It's not just $60.

It's $60 for 3 of each hunter and three monsters. And since it's too late to preorder and it was included, the 4th monster is now a whopping $15 DLC. Then the next set of four hunters is a $30 DLC. And even though that's called a "Season Pass", it doesn't actually include the set of two hunters they're releasing after that for $15. Or the the next monster, which is also going to be $15.

The beta was fun (so long as you had friends to play with). I would have happily paid $30-40 for it. I would have considered paying $60 for it. And I have absolutely no problem with DLC - I think DLC is fine. But this is beyond the pale in terms of pricing. You are paying at least twice what any other game/publisher would charge for this content.

It's also really confusing.
  • Well see, that's the thing that has happened horribly to video games.
    I'm one of the few people that absolutely REFUSE to buy a season pass. To anything. I'm not pre-paying for content to a game I've already paid for. I'll wait til it comes out, and IF it interests me or I even still care about the game, I'll consider possibly buying it....

But what we're running into a lot is cocky game developers rushing to meet a quota and trying to milk every dime they can out of a game. What they're failing to realize is this same thing happened... ugh, when, 1983 I think it was? When video games crashed because developers were riding too hard on people buying their broken and rushed games so they could turn a quick buck? Yeah. It's happening all over again. The only issue is... people are still buying these broken games. These incomplete games with their day 1 DLCs, a season pass for content that they won't see for months. I've never bought a season pass. I never will. The last DLC I bought was for Skyrim.

While on that same topic, I'm never pre-ordering another game. Ever. I don't care how horribly I'm looking forward to it. The last game I pre-ordered and waited for like a little kid waiting for Christmas let me down. It let me down really, really hard, and it hurt me on the inside. Yeah, I'm staring at you Assassin's Creed: Unity, you incomplete, broken piece of garbage.

We're gonna see another 1983 incident before long. Hopefully. It's the only thing that can set developers back on the right track.. I just hope we don't have enough dumb, blind consumers buying broken, incomplete, and down-right money hungry games, just to bitch about them and then jump right back on the same bandwagon next go around.

I'm old school. I remember when extra content in a video game was earned, not paid for.
  • Still cheaper than this game, amirite?
  • There's something special about a game that is constantly coming out with content updates, and doesn't really FORCE you to spend real money on it. I mean, yeah, it's the shorter, quicker, easier road, but you can totally earn the stuff through IC methods, if you put in the effort.

...I'd admittedly hate to see how much I've spent on my two characters. I know Cobault has gone well past one grand by himself.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    The only day 1 DLC I agree with is the ones where they patch the "anti piracy" measures. Like that massive OP scorpion that followed you around and instakilled you if you pirated the game (forgot which game exactly)
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Kaden said:

http://evolvegame.com/

Anyone else playing this? Been pretty fun so far.
    It's fun for short-term playability.