Fishing Balance Issue

edited February 2015 in General Questions
So I baited my hook with a rock bass I caught, and started fishing in a river. Every time I get a small, medium or large strike, this happens:

You have recovered balance on all limbs.

You see the water ripple as a fish makes a medium strike at your bait.

You must regain balance first.

[System]: Running queued balance command: JERK LINE

You quickly jerk back your fishing pole, to no avail.

~~~

I recover my balance from the strike, then I go to jerk my line and it puts me off balance again when it issues my command, without executing it. The point where I must "regain balance first" is where I jerk my line. What am I doing wrong and how can I fix it? Is fishing with bass inland just not gonna work?

Here's another example, this time it sets me off balance twice:
You see the water ripple as a fish makes a medium strike at your bait.

You must regain balance first.

[System]: Running queued balance command: JERK LINE

You quickly jerk back your fishing pole, to no avail.

Best Answer

Answers

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Multiple triggers? Something gagged?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Multiple triggers? Something gagged?
    No triggers in use here, just queued commands, which is a server side option. The only trigger I use is to reel the fish.
  • Tahquil said:
    A rock bass is for deep sea fishing only. River fish will nibble but never be hooked with one.

You will want to try baits like shrimp, crab, octopus hunks etc.
    Thanks! But man, wouldn't it be cool if you could catch some enormous inland fish with it!

• Still, trying to fish with the wrong bait randomly throwing you off-balance instead of just not working seems buggy. You've only seen it with bass, and smaller bait works fine?
  • Eld said:

Still, trying to fish with the wrong bait randomly throwing you off-balance instead of just not working seems buggy. You've only seen it with bass, and smaller bait works fine?
    Yeah, minnows etc, shrimp etc, mudsuckers etc, all work fine. Just self-caught bass didn't work.

I think it would make more sense if it was like, lol you can't bait a regular fishing pole with a BASS.