Let's see your GUI!

Comments

• By the way Mudlet 3.0 allows you to customise the entirety of the UI; the top buttons and the scroll bars as well. http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:UI_Functions#setAppStyleSheet
  • edited February 2015
    Vadimuses said:
    By the way Mudlet 3.0 allows you to customise the entirety of the UI; the top buttons and the scroll bars as well. http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:UI_Functions#setAppStyleSheet
    I really like what I've seen in 3.0 but when I imported my system things didn't quite line up the same in my labels/miniconsoles. Is there some sort of change to font alignments? For example my sailing system the big red X overlay was way off, and the wind speed text isn't there. Few other small things

Edit: All my GUI's in one place
    [spoiler]

[/spoiler]
  • Wish I was better at coding (And reading manuals, and having ideas and everything else this entails). Seriously. I can never figure how you all do this.
  • edited February 2015
    Dracen said:
    Wish I was better at coding (And reading manuals, and having ideas and everything else this entails). Seriously. I can never figure how you all do this.
    Seriously...Someone gimme a good UI to just import. I'll pay $. My main screen is still to the left ( can't even figure out how to center that) and my map has to be activated every time I log in and moved/sized to the position I like it. @Zulah provided me with a great chat capture window now though.
  • I used to make them for people but the time it took to custom make a gui for each person personally I could spend earning almost 100 credits in game. So if you want to pay more than that hit me up :D
  • Zulah said:
    Vadimuses said:
    By the way Mudlet 3.0 allows you to customise the entirety of the UI; the top buttons and the scroll bars as well. http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:UI_Functions#setAppStyleSheet
    I really like what I've seen in 3.0 but when I imported my system things didn't quite line up the same in my labels/miniconsoles. Is there some sort of change to font alignments? For example my sailing system the big red X overlay was way off, and the wind speed text isn't there. Few other small things
    Shouldnt've, no. Should report anything on forums that is off.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    That fire emblem display tho... 

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • I'm so jealous of you all. Seriously. Hard core.

• I just want the Diablo themed one *weep*
    meh

• edited February 2015

• edited February 2015

The black box (bottom middle) is a limb tracker and the empty space at the right is where I'm thinking about putting @Austere 's aff tracker.
    gui.png 109.2K

• Mine hasn't changed from my previous posts, and has actually backpedaled a little from upgrading to Mudlet 3.0. Apparently the mapper becomes non-interactive when it is overlayed onto a label in 3.0. The only solution posed so far has been to remove the label under my mapper, which is obviously not desirable.

All that to say that it would be wise to go ahead and upgrade to 3.0 if you're going to, since you'll possibly have to redesign or reconfigure your layout when you do so.
  • local main = Geyser.Container:new({x=0,y=0,width="100%",height="100%",name="mapper container"})

local mapper = Geyser.Mapper:new({

name = "mapper",

x = ".5%", y = "54%", -- edit here if you want to move it

width = "25%", height = "40%"

}, main)

That's what I use to contain and relocate my map. I also have @Eld's wilderness map thing too

• Yes I redesigned my entire gui just so I wouldn't have to mess with @Austere 's aff tracker too much. Last time I tried playing with the size of it it went screwy and would shrink and grow randomly

• Yeah. I have my mapper sitting on top of a background image though, for a more fancy border and such, and apparently its not possible to do this anymore in 3.0. Well, not possible to do it, and it be interactive.

Did just notice that delta came out a few weeks ago, will have to update and see if the problem still exists.
  • Almost done with this months version of my gui. The right side layout doesn't make me happy yet. And the bottom left seems cluttered. Suggestions?

• I like the setup you have, so I am looking for possibilities more so than anything.

Maybe try to group things together a little bit more or possibly add another tab to the room with the harvesting things to keep that all together. Shift that up to the top on the right and put the target stuff from the left to the right corner?

About the only thing I would try to fix is adding more of a black padding around the boxes since It drives me nuts for the text on consoles to be right at the edge, probably just a personal thing there. 

• I really liked what @Zulah did with the Diablo3 chat window he made, but I don't use a tabbed chat so it was pointless for me to use it. I butched the psd file he shared and made remade my gui using just that. I have more stuff i want to do. but that'll come with time...

• @Deladan here is my full Diablo3 GUI PSD
    (This is NOT the diablo3 GUI for mudlet this is ONLY the PSD file)

It's got everything you need to make what you want though. Took awhile of screen shots and photoshop edits to get the elements GUI ready. A LOT of layers here for everything close to 100 layers so you can dig out all the parts you want. You can also see how I make GUI's. Almost exactly like web page design. Layout cut clip crop. Anyway enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/td5pk4s9g1e7cwv/Diablo%20GUI.psd?dl=0http://
  • Ripped a texture out of Starcraft to test with- doesn't look too bad. Might re-write GUI all together, when friend gets home and makes me some stuff to play with.

• edited February 2015
    Definitely digging this a lot more. Now I just need to tear into the texturing a bit more, to have it resized accordingly for the boxes... That stretch looks bad to me, but could definitely look more horrible. (Didn't show hunting, so that the actual texture behind could be seen.)

• This thread inspired me, things have changed quite a bit since I was last here using Mush.   This is all based of a starter template kindly provided on the Mudlet Forums:

http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4098&sid=1da5f6be26e37627e071951db910cc15

• Cynlael said:
    Definitely digging this a lot more. Now I just need to tear into the texturing a bit more, to have it resized accordingly for the boxes... That stretch looks bad to me, but could definitely look more horrible. (Didn't show hunting, so that the actual texture behind could be seen.)

Did/can you do anything to zoom the map like that?  I haven't found anyway to adjust the zoom, which makes it very tough to use in some areas.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    setMapZoom(x) where x is a number

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I've always just used mousewheel to zoom map in and out
  • KelloniusKellonius Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    @zulah Dude what the shit? You finished that Angel GUI and then disappeared before you could give it to me. :(
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco

This is what I've got so far after just a little tinkering with @Zulah's framework. Way more pleasant experience building off of something than trying to do it all from scratch. Still trying to get the room info at the top to update correctly and want to put in time/date and an XP bar but aside from those I think it's nearing completion (sans some artsy bullshit I'm sure I'll throw in.)

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • edited February 2015
    Kenway said:

This is what I've got so far after just a little tinkering with @Zulah's framework. Way more pleasant experience building off of something than trying to do it all from scratch. Still trying to get the room info at the top to update correctly and want to put in time/date and an XP bar but aside from those I think it's nearing completion (sans some artsy bullshit I'm sure I'll throw in.)
    I like how it's looking on those small screens! I like how you rounded the edges and added slight borders too. Very clean looking. You should try making the background color black with that layout. I think you'd like the effect from your borders