Learning Glitch?

Hello Achaeans. I am new here (Came from Lusternia), but I think that this is the right area for this type of post.

I'v noted while learning that I will check how much further I need to learn for an ability, and it will say X lessons. I learn X lessons, and then turns out I actually have to learn 1 more lesson to get the ability. I documented this below:

Farsee (Vision)                               Known: No (10 lessons required)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Syntax:            FARSEE <adventurer>

Works on/against:  Adventurers
Details:
Use this ability to locate adventurers from afar.

Learn 10 vision from epicurus
Epicurus, Master of the Garden begins the lesson in Vision.

Epicurus, Master of the Garden continues your training in Vision.

Epicurus, Master of the Garden finishes the lesson in Vision.
The next ability you will learn is: FARSEE.

Farsee (Vision)                               Known: No (1 lessons required)
Syntax:            FARSEE <adventurer>

Works on/against:  Adventurers
Details:
Use this ability to locate adventurers from afar.
Now here is when I have to learn 1 more lesson to actually get the ability.

Thanks for reading :)

Comments

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    I've always assumed that there are decimals involved, and while the "lessons required" doesn't round up, the actual learning mechanics do. It's common to end up 1 lesson short if you're trying to learn exact amounts instead of throwing groups of 15 around.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • It's been that way for a while. I've found the numbers from AB <skill> rather reliable though.

I've just assumed for basically as long as the feature to see remaining lessons has been implemented, that I need one more lesson than it says.
  • NimNim
    edited February 2015
    From another topic, either @Tecton or @Sarapis explained that it was a result of Achaea not actually having floating point math, only integer math.

They could still probably solve it with integer math, by instead of doing X/Y, (X+Y-1)/Y, assuming X+Y-1 will never overflow (and even if it does, they can just do a check for that, eg. if X > (INT_MAX - Y + 1) then use (X/Y)+1 instead), but that's all theoretical, and they haven't yet, so maybe there's a deeper reason behind it?
  • Bugged display. Been that way for ages.

Just learn another lesson.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    And another lesson was learned

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae