(Updated) Free Diablo3 Chat Journal

edited February 2015 in Tech Support
This is an update of my previously released Diablo 3 journal style chat capture window.

Install using Package Manager in mudlet

Download Link: Diablo 3 Journal Chat Plugin

Changelog:
  • There are 2 ways to view it now. Giving smaller screens a bit more room.
  • Added twice the channels including a MISC channel for anything
  • All cities are included in the code no need to add yours
  • All Houses are included in the code (House novice channels are not)
  • Graphic files are included in the package making it Mac friendly
  • Tells now capture in all languages
  • Will not interfere with any other major systems (SVO Wundersys etc)
  • Several small bug fixes

There are 2 Aliases:
  • D3on
  • D3off

Move the journal by editing the D3ON alias.
You can change the look of the journal top in the D3ON alias

You will have to add CLANS manually in the Trigger settings.

As always feel free to contact me with questions / comments / problems / free credits.

Comments

• Is there any way to change the size so I can get it to fit where I want it to fit? And how can I change what it word wraps at because for some reason it's cutting a lot off? Annnnnnnd is there a way to add says? >_< Sorry for being a pain! It's soooooooo pretty!

• edited February 2015
    Amarillys said:
    Is there any way to change the size so I can get it to fit where I want it to fit? And how can I change what it word wraps at because for some reason it's cutting a lot off? Annnnnnnd is there a way to add says? >_< Sorry for being a pain! It's soooooooo pretty!
    Do to the style of this plugin its unfortunately not made or intended to be resized.
    I intentionally left "says" out of this plugin but if you wanted to add them to yours it can be done.

The word wrapping can be changed in the script file. You will see:

d3citychat:setWrap(52)

d3citychat:setFontSize(8)

Change the 52 to a smaller number based on your screen settings. You will have to change all the (52) to your new number.

• See, and I did that, and it didn't do anything :(

• edited February 2015
    Amarillys said:
    See, and I did that, and it didn't do anything :(
    Make sure you got them all. There is a wordwrap setting for each chat channel. Then you will have to restart it with the D3ON alias
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    why not use a global variable for setWrap and setFontSize? Seems easier and more customer-friendly if they just have to change a single number on the top of the script instead of finding all variations
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• edited February 2015
    Tharvis said:
    why not use a global variable for setWrap and setFontSize? Seems easier and more customer-friendly if they just have to change a single number on the top of the script instead of finding all variations
    Actually tried that it and it had trouble for some reason. Only 1 person said the wordwrap didn't line up so I wasn't sure it was necessary. Now that someone else has run into the issue I may look into fixing that to be more user friendly to change.

Edit: Fixing it now upload pending...
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Also see you're capping it using substrings, not a fan of gmcp channel capture?
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Fixed. Download from the same link provided but now the alias D3ON has:

D3wordWrap = 52
    D3textSize = 8

on the first lines. So you can adjust all at once
  • edited February 2015
    Few people asked about it so here is a photoshop PSD file with all the art used in this package. Everything is grouped / split into layers / labeled clearly

File: Diablo 3 Journal PSD File
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Will be giving this a run tonight to see about replacing my rather normal (and somewhat dysfunctional) communication capture window. This can be locked into place as well as freely moved around (such as to a second monitor)?

• It's not free floating. Don't see an option for that, Kresslack.

Also doesn't gag the lines in the main mudlet window. Not sure why I was expecting that, since it wasn't noted anywhere.

I'd love to have a custom setup designed this way. I am a ridiculous noob at doing this. I managed to set the positioning fine so that the default mapper window can be used, but my map is super small to accommodate it. Again, noobishness.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Riashain I believe Zulah included the code to remove gag the lines in the first one he put up and should have it in the second. Just remove the --  before --deleteLine()  under the channel triggers and it'll gag them on the main mudlet window.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

Kyrra said:
    @Riashain I believe Zulah included the code to remove gag the lines in the first one he put up and should have it in the second. Just remove the --  before --deleteLine()  under the channel triggers and it'll gag them on the main mudlet window.
    Insightful.

• Insightful indeed!
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited February 2015
    If you have svo, you can use svo.deleteLineP() so it'll gag the empty prompt as well.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited February 2015
    Riashain said:
    It's not free floating. Don't see an option for that, Kresslack.

Also doesn't gag the lines in the main mudlet window. Not sure why I was expecting that, since it wasn't noted anywhere.

I'd love to have a custom setup designed this way. I am a ridiculous noob at doing this. I managed to set the positioning fine so that the default mapper window can be used, but my map is super small to accommodate it. Again, noobishness.
    The two lines you can use are:

deleteLine()

return isPrompt(deleteLine())

Put those at the end of any of the chat channel triggers.

deleteLine() will stop the chat channel from showing in the main window

return isPrompt(deleteLine()) will delete the extra prompt you'll see if you delete the chat from main window.

I'm a big fan of prompt in it's own window. You can do that with SVO.singleprompt on if you use svo. I'm using a miniconsole and just triggering isPrompt() myself. Trying to work completely off serverside healing since I still have latency issues. Just waiting for them to fix the major shin trance issue with serverside healing.

This is my current GUI if you're looking for ideas. Started it about a week or two ago from scratch so it still needs some work:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

• Tharvis said:
    I wanted the chat capture to be in the colors players had already set on configure color
  • Zulah said:
    Tharvis said:
    I wanted the chat capture to be in the colors players had already set on configure color
    @Cynlael's GUI/chat capture is gmcp and it captures the colors
    meh

• Ah didn't think it did. Hadn't given it a try in a long time. I'll have to look into it again. I find substrings pretty quick and easy
  • It's cause I use line capture, on top of GMCP.

1) gmcp.Comm is received,
     2) Reads the table to see what channel it came from,
     3) Copies the line,
     4) Appends it to the chat window accordingly.

How would I change the alignment on this? Second row of tabs is being cut off and changing x,y values for Full Container doesn't seem to move it anywhere.

• Kresslack said:
    How would I change the alignment on this? Second row of tabs is being cut off and changing x,y values for Full Container doesn't seem to move it anywhere.
    You only change the X and Y in the D3ON alias. Open the D3ON alias and it will tell you right in it what to change to move it
  • @ZulahMan... that new full GUI you have is awesome. I'd be interested in that, especially if it's completely independent of svo and the like as you indicate. I've always found the prompt spammy, so the way you handle it there is fantastic.
  • Riashain said:
    @ZulahMan... that new full GUI you have is awesome. I'd be interested in that, especially if it's completely independent of svo and the like as you indicate. I've always found the prompt spammy, so the way you handle it there is fantastic.
    Yes it's my own system not svo tied in at all. I'm on a 32" monitor though with everything being placed by px not % so it really wouldn't fit most peoples screens
  • That is a big monitor.

dual 24s here.
  • I use a flat screen tv....