RP Query

2»

Comments

• Rangor said:
    Jovolo said:
    There was a huge witch hunt for people who wouldn't bend over and touch their toes for the Gaia train.
    more like a huge imagined hysteria about a witch hunt for people who wouldn't bend over and touch their toes for Gaia.
    Pretty sure it went:

Eleusis - Holy fuck Yudhi burned our forests! Gaia says to capitulate to the demands of a terrorist! 

Anti-Gaians: WTF NO WAY THIs IS STUPID AND GOES AGAINST WHAT WE STAND FOR

Pro-Gaians: YOU'D BETTER OBEY OR ELSE! *Ellodin kicks out Logistics* SEE WHAT WE DID!?

Anti-Gaians: FUCKING POWERMONGERS! WE'RE GOING TO WAR... AGAINST MHALDOR

Pro-Gaians: KNEEL BEFORE OUR... OH WHAT THE FUCK GAIA GOT BRANDED!?

Mhaldor: Suck our diiiiiiicks!
  • Let's not stir the pot please and just let people get their situations sorted out all civil likes. There is no us vs them ooc, or at least there shouldn't be. :)
    Lord Marshal Hasar Lichlord's words quietly thrum through the air as he says, "No one panick." #2015PEACEthedream!
  • edited February 2015
    Aegoth said:
    Rangor said:
    Jovolo said:
    There was a huge witch hunt for people who wouldn't bend over and touch their toes for the Gaia train.
    more like a huge imagined hysteria about a witch hunt for people who wouldn't bend over and touch their toes for Gaia.
    Pretty sure it went:

Eleusis - Holy fuck Yudhi burned our forests! Gaia says to capitulate to the demands of a terrorist! 

Anti-Gaians: WTF NO WAY THIs IS STUPID AND GOES AGAINST WHAT WE STAND FOR

Pro-Gaians: YOU'D BETTER OBEY OR ELSE! *Ellodin kicks out Logistics* SEE WHAT WE DID!?

Anti-Gaians: FUCKING POWERMONGERS! WE'RE GOING TO WAR... AGAINST MHALDOR

Pro-Gaians: KNEEL BEFORE OUR... OH WHAT THE FUCK GAIA GOT BRANDED!?

Mhaldor: Suck our diiiiiiicks!
    Completely wrong on all accounts. Except maybe the last sentence. 

Back on topic: Prythe was told several times what she should have done IC. The issue is that either she does not see what she did was wrong, or she refuses to acknowledge what has to be done. Patrolling (which there are no reports of), and offering herbs and remedies is in no way what she should be doing.

She contacted the Minister of Security, who told her to go see me. Instead, she went to a friend of hers, who then came to me in her place and insisted on being present. There was absolutely no sincerity in wanting to be unenemied, only entitlement that her simple desire to make it so was enough for it to happen. Sorry, but no.

• Prythe said:

Given the existence of the Lord Lupus, the Lord Neraos, a host of others including my own Lady Artemis, I would suggest that I stated a fact, no disrespect intended or inherent in the statement, which really puts me at a loss.
    Not that it helps your problem at all, just wanted to note that Lord Neraeos completely rejects the notion that He is a God of Nature.  He is pretty adamant about the Sea (including the natural bits) being completely independent from any external belief structures such as Nature worship.  A whole natural vs. Nature argument.
  • And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • Rangor said:
    Jonathin said:
    Alrena said:
    It's not about proving her dedication to Nature. It's proving she understands and accepts she made mistakes and makes an effort to rectify these mistakes. 

You (should) know what your character did, and how to fix that should be obvious. And it has nothing to do with dedication to Nature.
    I burned like 60 rooms in 1 sitting.   Should I walk around and apologize while tenderly rubbing the trees?
    I could also throw gold at them, because it works with every other organization. Can trees think?

Seriously though, even if we do know what our characters did, that doesn't mean that we know how to fix it. If you don't want the typical kill shit, offer shit, throw gold at shit, or wave my arms and shit, how am I supposed to know what you all would consider recompense for my actions?

Rangor was pretty straight forward with me a while back, I don't get why everyone else has to be so enigmatic.
    You are/were an oakstone enemy. You go to the trials now and maybe one or two other tasks if the hierophants are moody on the day you ask. Super easy, RPish and engaging.

Prythe was uncitizened for loudly causing drama/trouble/"joking" about hiring an unlicensed assassin on jack and all the other things we love in a fellow citizen.
    tl;dr Bull called on Rangor, Real suggestions please.

--------------------

Oh, let's not lie, Rangor - or at least save that for IC where people are required to believe you.

Prythe did not hire on Jack (who was later ousted for sexual harassment) but made joking / not seriously going to follow through on anything  inquiries on market and in tells about what it would take to get him killed (for harassment!)..... 

No hiring took place.
    No attack took place.
    No "Ask Prythe what happened" took place.

Just "Ooooo! A Chance to get rid of Prythe! Let's do it!"

Summarily. No questions. No warnings. No anything. 

Just "buh bye!"

Let's not hijack this thread with stuff with that sort of thing.

The query is a real and simple one. 

What makes sense RP wise when told "You know what you should do" when it is patently obvious that (for apparently personal reasons) nothing will be sufficient given that all reasonable avenues have been offered and rejected.

I am not going to do the "I have spent thousands of dollars" foot stomp - but over the years I have certainly made IRE more money than I might ever have cost it - and the intransigency in those with a vested interest in keeping interesting and diverse RP alive is foolish.

I am still open to serious suggestions.

I did attempt to approach Gaia both ICly and OOCly when the aspects relating to her went down. I was ignored. I am fairly sure I know why - which has more to do with what I didn't do (jump at the chance to join "her" prior Order) more than anything I did do - One would hope that would not be relevant as to this current Divine/Incarnation, but alas. Even the Divine are human. ;)

Deborah

P.S. ETA I see that Bluef was already aware of the truth of the matter. :) THAT made me smile. Thank you!

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Voc said:

Prythe said:

Given the existence of the Lord Lupus, the Lord Neraos, a host of others including my own Lady Artemis, I would suggest that I stated a fact, no disrespect intended or inherent in the statement, which really puts me at a loss.
    Not that it helps your problem at all, just wanted to note that Lord Neraeos completely rejects the notion that He is a God of Nature.  He is pretty adamant about the Sea (including the natural bits) being completely independent from any external belief structures such as Nature worship.  A whole natural vs. Nature argument.
    I had heard that about him, and number some of his followers among my best of friends (IC *and* OOC) - "my" Lady Artemis did not agree with him, of course. Not sure what Gaia's position on it is, but I would think that she too would take issues with him feeling he is "outside of Nature."

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Is it just me or does anyone else think this thread has devolved into pointless he said she said bullshit and should be closed before the Jackson/Popcorn gif is used?
  • NimNim
    edited February 2015
    What, you mean this one? >:3

oh fiddle sticks i'm bad at this :s
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited February 2015
    Alrena said:
    Completely wrong on all accounts. Except maybe the last sentence. 

Back on topic: Prythe was told several times what she should have done IC. The issue is that either she does not see what she did was wrong, or she refuses to acknowledge what has to be done. Patrolling (which there are no reports of), and offering herbs and remedies is in no way what she should be doing.

She contacted the Minister of Security, who told her to go see me. Instead, she went to a friend of hers, who then came to me in her place and insisted on being present. There was absolutely no sincerity in wanting to be unenemied, only entitlement that her simple desire to make it so was enough for it to happen. Sorry, but no.
    The weird way that this is being responded to here by Gaians/forestals really suggests there is more to this story. 

So basically you want her to kiss your ring.

Or Gaia's? 

That's what I'm taking from this forum account of what happened when Prythe wasn't sure how to proceed. Sorry if that's inaccurate but it's what I'm surmising from both your tone and general characterization of her character's actions. 

Yet here we are and here she is seeming to genuinely ask how to proceed. If you want her to do something beyond that, just say so. Spell it out for her (and everyone else at this point since we've all joined in the conversation). 
  • buh bye Prythe
  • The feels man. The feels. 

• I believe she asked around IC about how to approach this (and it was already mentioned by Alrena that asking around was just a further affront apparently), but now you're telling her to go ahead and ask you IC rather than here because that's not the same thing as asking around?

Oh, come on. This is the kind of stuff Hashan pulls on people. Eleusis, you're better than that.
  • All I can gather from this thread is that Eleusian leadership (including their God) really, really doesn't like Prythe.  Maybe there is a good reason, maybe not.  I can't tell for sure.  I have her side, and she's admitting to some fairly bad things, but also seems to be owning them.  Maybe it was one too many times.  Maybe she's *that* bad on CT.  I really, really can't tell.  

What I can tell is that this is a weird thread and there are no straight answers in it.  If she's so horrible just say point blank that there is no way in hell she's ever getting unenemied, no way in hell she's coming back to Eleusis.  I realize that as a leader it sucks to have to justify your actions on a forum, and you certainly wouldn't want to have to do so every time someone was ousted, but this thread does look downright suspicious to anyone reading it.  It just does.  
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Bluef said:

Oh, come on. This is the kind of stuff Hashan pulls on people. Eleusis, you're better than that.
    Let it go already, your age-old bitterness and lashing out as Hashan in practically all of your replies is getting so old so quickly I can already smell it decompose.
    For on that note, The only recent example of Hashan even -remotely- going near not telling somebody how to get unenemied recently was with @Zekk, and that was because of the person that was asked to tell him the request got declined suddenly went dormant. Not informing him after that dormancy was an oversight on my behalf, and has been rectified. So, as usual Bluef, your statement on Hashan is baseless yet again.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Jules said:
    All I can gather from this thread is that Eleusian leadership (including their God) really, really doesn't like Prythe.  Maybe there is a good reason, maybe not.  I can't tell for sure.  I have her side, and she's admitting to some fairly bad things, but also seems to be owning them.  Maybe it was one too many times.  Maybe she's *that* bad on CT.  I really, really can't tell.  

What I can tell is that this is a weird thread and there are no straight answers in it.  If she's so horrible just say point blank that there is no way in hell she's ever getting unenemied, no way in hell she's coming back to Eleusis.  I realize that as a leader it sucks to have to justify your actions on a forum, and you certainly wouldn't want to have to do so every time someone was ousted, but this thread does look downright suspicious to anyone reading it.  It just does.  
     It does not look suspicious. You just have a habit of exaggerating everything.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Oh good god Shirszae, if I ever use Daerir's thingy, it's probably going to be for you.  Your constant dismissive comments with no justification (in this case the justification would be "and here's why it doesn't seem odd, at all") are not welcome, at all.  You and I have nothing to say to one another.  As well, if you're going to call me out for pointing out something that others also seem to see, why not (for once) call some of those others out as well, instead of just me.  
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited February 2015
    Tharvis said:
    Bluef said:

Let it go already, your age-old bitterness and lashing out as Hashan in practically all of your replies is getting so old so quickly I can already smell it decompose.
    For on that note, The only recent example of Hashan even -remotely- going near not telling somebody how to get unenemied recently was with @Zekk, and that was because of the person that was asked to tell him the request got declined suddenly went dormant. Not informing him after that dormancy was an oversight on my behalf, and has been rectified. So, as usual Bluef, your statement on Hashan is baseless yet again.
    Already stated: I left Hashan. It didn't leave me. I have zero to be bitter about. My character is exactly where I want her in the game.

If you dislike my characterization of your city, then change my perception of it. Otherwise, I'm free to have whatever opinion I want about it based on personal experiences with it, which in this case are that it's full of petty people who can't separate IC stuff from their OOC personas. 

You really don't want to bring up my experiences with Hashan and enemying here either, Tharvis. The biased and baseless nature of Hashan's enemying practices (like Decan adding false charges to Bluef's file during the period he was OOC stalking me and harassing me IC) are pretty obvious.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Yet you only ever bring up ancient cases that don't even apply to the majority of the current hashani community. The only recent example I've seen you bring up is the totem issue, which was resolved QUICKLY and is still months old. It isn't even just my opinion that you simply can't let go of the past and keep cycling back to old bitterness.

You claim you have nothing to be bitter about, yet every time anybody even remotely mentions hashan, you fly in like a bitter mad cat and start listing your own bad experiences, no matter how old they are.
    In this thread, zero mention whatsoever was made to hashan, yet you still flew in with your bitterness that you claim is not bitterness.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Please try to keep the unrelated squabbling, accusations, and unpleasantness to the places where people aren't genuinely trying to share experiences or ask for assistance, namely, the Sewers.

I'll just put this poor creature out of its misery.
This discussion has been closed.