Diablo 3 Journal (Free Mudlet Chat Package)

edited February 2015 in Tech Support
This is the first part I'm releasing of my full Diablo3 GUI for mudlet.

Its a chat capture window made to look like the diablo 3 journal. Fairly easy to move around the screen as it's all in 1 container that can be moved quickly. It will load into just about any system and shouldn't conflict with anything. If it conflicts with something you have please let me know so I can fix it for others.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Was written in mudlet 2.1 so if you use mudlet 3  I can't promise the same functionality.

It's a 2 part download. First part is the graphic files, second is the code.

Graphics:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/siribh3ohyw9ecz/Diablo3Graphics.zip?dl=0

Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7666nc5j8qd7pt6/Diablo3Journal.zip?dl=0

The graphics zip contains a folder called: MudletGFX
That folder goes on the C: drive.
C:\MudletGFX

The code Diablo3Journal.zip is installed with the Package Manager in Mudlet.

This package contains 2 aliases:
D3on
D3off

The D3on Alias can be easily edited to move the Journal anywhere on the screen. Currently it's set to just be 50% from the left. Or the "middle" of the top in other words.

Questions, Comments, Reviews encouraged!

This is what my entire Diablo 3 system looks like. If there is enough interested I will release the other parts of it in future packages.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Comments

• ...I kind of want that entire thing.
  • SharaShara Midlands
    Dracen said:
    ...I kind of want that entire thing.
    Agree. That is sexy.

Love the prompt docking at the bottom. DO WANT.
  • Too sweet, thanks!
  • Shara said:
    Dracen said:
    Agree. That is sexy.

if you use svo you can use singleprompt. Otherwise, it's poke Nemutaur time for singleprompt.
  • edited February 2015
    Shara said:
    Dracen said:
    Agree. That is sexy.

Was going to suggest SVO singleprompt too if you had it. It's not hard to make a miniconsole and just trigger isprompt() to capture to it though if you don't have svo and want one hit me up.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    This is beyond beautiful. Thank you

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• To answer a quick question asked in game. You can add more clan channels or change the city in the triggers. Open the appropriate trigger and just change the city name or add in more clans to the clan chat trigger
  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    Where would you install for a Mac? 
  • Oh man... as a HUGE Diablo fan, I'm in love. The full UI is gorgeous, though I'd change one of the tabs slightly (instead of Inv, have a hunting crit/xp tracker) but that's amazing. Who will buy the full UI for me for my birthday? >.>
    meh

• Herenicus said:
    Where would you install for a Mac? 
    I have no clue! But if no other mac users can assist you I'll take a look and see what I can do.
  • I am a mudlet noob... How do I open multiple journal windows? I have one working perfectly though! Thanks a ton
  • Sorry for the confustion Andregor its just one journal. The screen shot was showing all the tabs possible. You just click the buttons to see the other tabs.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I didn't get the smooth word wrapping on mine when I installed it. It cuts off words and looks really choppy on my end.

I do love the overall design though, it looks amazing and makes me wish that I could work magic like that too.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    I didn't get the smooth word wrapping on mine when I installed it. It cuts off words and looks really choppy on my end.

I do love the overall design though, it looks amazing and makes me wish that I could work magic like that too.
    It's a font size issue most likely. Are you on mudlet 2.1 or 3?
  • Zulah said:
    Sorry for the confustion Andregor its just one journal. The screen shot was showing all the tabs possible. You just click the buttons to see the other tabs.
    No problem! Works great, was very easy to change all the channels.
  • Do you want the code to capture chat via GMCP, rather than needing to use triggers?

• Cynlael said:
    Do you want the code to capture chat via GMCP, rather than needing to use triggers?
    That's not a bad idea. I use gmcp for so many other things I just didn't think of using it for chat related purposes. I was also thinking of adding says and tracking tells in languages other than achaean.

I don't use the Diablo GUI myself it was just a side project. I have a different chat capture system I use on my system
  • I just had a girly moment in CCNA class...thanks.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Zulah said:
    Kyrra said:

It's a font size issue most likely. Are you on mudlet 2.1 or 3?
    2.1 is I. 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• You also may want to pack everything together as one and install it as an mpackage. That way every mudlet user can use it without worrying where to put stuff, since the path to the graphics is defined in that case (A subfolder (the package name) of getMudletHomeDir()) http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Mudlet_Packages
  • Keneanung said:
    You also may want to pack everything together as one and install it as an mpackage. That way every mudlet user can use it without worrying where to put stuff, since the path to the graphics is defined in that case (A subfolder (the package name) of getMudletHomeDir()) http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Mudlet_Packages
    I'll have to do that with any updates. Lots of requests for OT/HT and multi language tells update
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    This is pretty awesome. 

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Zulah makes magic happen. 

• Zulah said:
    Keneanung said:
    You also may want to pack everything together as one and install it as an mpackage. That way every mudlet user can use it without worrying where to put stuff, since the path to the graphics is defined in that case (A subfolder (the package name) of getMudletHomeDir()) http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Mudlet_Packages
    I'll have to do that with any updates. Lots of requests for OT/HT and multi language tells update
    On updates you simply exchange the xml in the package, tough I see the issue with uploading the zip with all the graphics again. Or alternative sugestion: Create 2 mpackages. One has all the graphics and a dummy xml (empty script?) and one as the actual functions. Should work because you are not restricted to access your own mpackage directory
  • edited February 2015
    ...So not even a week ago, I combed through the forums and googled every way I could think of trying to find something I could get to separate my chats from my main window, over to the right, out of my freaking way, with or without some useful tabs. Without being able to find anything, I hung my head in shame and accepted defeat.  Then, as if by magic, you come along into my life Zulah. :heart: 

Love it. Once I stop being newb and figure out how to position the stupid map so it'll look less... bleh, I'll be completely happy.

edit: Map is annoying me. Can't make it go anywhere without it pissing me off. Hooking up second monitor purely for mapper until I can same screen it conveniently like yours is.
  • Very Nice.

I would be interested in the whole thing.
  • The entire GUI looks amazing.
  • You can bundle images to be inside the zip, then they will work on any platform.
  • Vadimuses said:
    You can bundle images to be inside the zip, then they will work on any platform.
    Even mac? Herenicius was asking for this
  • Cobault said:
    ...So not even a week ago, I combed through the forums and googled every way I could think of trying to find something I could get to separate my chats from my main window, over to the right, out of my freaking way, with or without some useful tabs. Without being able to find anything, I hung my head in shame and accepted defeat.  Then, as if by magic, you come along into my life Zulah. :heart: 

Love it. Once I stop being newb and figure out how to position the stupid map so it'll look less... bleh, I'll be completely happy.

edit: Map is annoying me. Can't make it go anywhere without it pissing me off. Hooking up second monitor purely for mapper until I can same screen it conveniently like yours is.
    Make a new script in mudlet and paste this:

[spoiler]
    function walkMap()

mapContainer = Geyser.Container:new({

x=0,y=0,

width=495, height=435,

name="mapContainer"})

mapperWindow = Geyser.Mapper:new({

name = "mapperWindow",

x = 10, y = 10, -- edit here if you want to move it

width = 495, height = 435

}, mapContainer)