Artifice Features

Post your research here.

Schematics are fun. Don't have to OUTR crystals, it just pulls them.

Glancing into your rift, you see:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pyramid
[ 1394] crystal pyramid
With skill born from long study, you take A crystal sphere, a crystal cube, a 
crystal pyramid, a cylindrical crystal, a dark crystal spiral, a finely 
sculptured crystal torus, a milky crystal pentagon, a sharply angled crystal 
polyhedron, a shimmering crystal diamond, an egg-shaped crystal, and an opaque 
crystal disc, and set them to spinning in the air.
Faster and faster they spin, until with a humming whine they come together to 
form a crystalline construct.
Glancing into your rift, you see:
Pyramid
[ 1393] crystal pyramid
I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.

Comments

• Logs please? I won't be able to really log in for around a month, and I'm dying to see what it all looks like in action. 

• I'm about 99% done settig up the basics and then I'll be testing it. 
    ultimately need to get my vibe tracker working so I don't do dumb things like deep freeze in a too with Heat etc. 

On the plus side, I had a combo system while jester so I'll dig it up for magi now that we have combos.
  • We have combos? Sweet.

• I logged in to poke at it.  Looks interesting.  Someone said they hurt like hell.

It may prompt me to return and try it out.
    *Animated Signature*

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    seems like my class has mutated kinda... I haven't really had a chance to play with it but I'm wondering about this in the golemcraft AB description

'The larger your golem, the more its presence shall interfere with your crystalline vibrations, with potentially disastrous results. The pragmatic sorcerer shall endeavour to balance both his golem's size with the number of vibrations he or she has active at any one time.'

It's implied there's some kind of limitation. Are they saying it can explode >_> has anyone ever exploded their golem? 

I've also only seen @Tesha's bits of a log. I'd like to see a full on fight to see how it works with the rest of the class skills though :/ 

• From what I understand, too many vibes + golem crystals results in slower EQ times on artifice. 
    Havent tested the limits yet
  • 13 vibes for a 6 crystal golem. Haven't really done any extensive testing past that.
  • I am not sure what the golem does to vibes, if anything (have heard rumors of vibes decaying, but I haven't seen it in my testing).  The golem itself did some strange things when it was big in full vibes (like hit and do less damage, or even gave target health).  I'm not sure if those persisted or things have changed, that was right off.

You don't need to OUTRIFT any crystals at all to create a golem, which is handy. 

There is a good thread that discusses some golem tactics in the forums, check it out.  

In short, the golem dramatically changes magi combat and works with many abilities in crystalism (destabilising vibes, etc.) and elementalism (combos with staffstrike, etc.). Using a golem is about salve pressure now, and is more a momentum attack rather than prep.  Oh, and to note, retardation has changed; retardation is less effective just to drop and bash, as all other vibe effects are paused in it.

And magi finally have an instakill (GOLEM DESTROY).
  • So my general strategy when going for destroy is to prep legs with earth and smash arms/legs while my opponent is timefluxed to hinder their offense. Once prepped, I make sure inferno is up, efreeti, and timeflux again then I break one leg with air and smash arms, then the other leg with fire/dehydrate. What should I be doing to keep them ablaze?

• earthstrike/golem scorch after the dehydrate
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Aegoth said:
    earthstrike/golem scorch after the dehydrate
    just keep spamming just keep spamming (but keep an eye on the 45second timeflux/dehydrate durations)
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• So dehydrate works on a timer as well? I was under the impression it merely took a few extra applications to cure. 

Alaskar said:
    So dehydrate works on a timer as well? I was under the impression it merely took a few extra applications to cure. 
    dehydrate and timeflux cure themselves after 45 seconds

• So upon dehydrate, can they just manual cure torso? I mean, nothing really prevents them from just pausing and applying mending to torso, right? The whole sticking affliction thing is pretty new to me, so I apologize in advance for the ignorance I am bound to spew on the subject.

I mean, if they have broken legs and they're on fire, they can just not cure the legs and cure the dehydrate/ablaze, right?

Which tics count towards the ablaze count, anyways? Lets say I dehydrate/ablaze, they apply and I get the flames diminish message, they're at level 1 burn, right? As in, another application cures ablaze. But if I hit with scorch, they are level 2 burn, requiring 2 mending applications?  If this repeats, are they perpetually at level 1 burn? Or do I just need them to be ablaze for 4 scorch hits to destroy? 

Bypassing parry seems relatively easy, and maintaining salve pressure seems pretty simple (most weaponry classes seem to struggle when timeflux is up and I smash arms/earth strike anyways) And thus far, I love the Magi changes.

• edited February 2015
    Inferno and scorch add burn levels while dehydrated. Efreeti and firestrike do not.

Yea they can choose to cure burning.. but that means they're not curing broken limbs, which you can capitalise on in various ways
    if they prioritise curing ablaze over broken limbs, you're going to have a fun time
    if they prioritise curing broken limbs over ablaze, you're going to have an awesome time

• Xith said:
    From what I understand, too many vibes + golem crystals results in slower EQ times on artifice. 
    Havent tested the limits yet
    Honestly, with a diadem, I am recovering equilibrium to quickly.  I end up just sending the golem attack since I am off balance still.  Even with nimble,  I am running into the problem.  Forget balance chasing.  You either have to use queue,  or just wait for balance message. 

Also, realistically what is preventing them from just curing aflame?  Seems easy enough to just make a priority for curing if burn order is over 3. I guess the appropriate thing to do would be to drop retardation,  but I honestly don't know.  Would also be nice if we could combo impurity with a weapon for salve lock outside of retardation, but maybe I am missing something. . Only been new magi four days, go easy on me
  • So is grounding destabilise supposed to stop tumble or no? I mean, it's forced movement, but it definitely not stopping tumble. Also, would it be awful if adduction destabilise bypassed mass? It would be no worse than beckon. Just wondering if it's supposed to respect mass, as I don't see a reason to use it if so.

• Destabilise adduction ignores mass
  • I'm pretty sure I tested it and it -didn't- ignore mass, but I could be mistaken. I'll do it again and see. And I think @Hasar tried to use it on me once when they were raiding. I got the "You feel as if the air around you is being compressed" or something like that message, but I didn't move.

Also, destablise grounding now grants the ability to fly? Can still use in combination with gravity but it doesn't stop movement. On that note, I suppose creeps can stop a tumble attempt if walls are up, but if they're prone it doesn't work. (they can't try to run away if prone, so the tumble still goes through)

• It's like beckon basically. You were probably off balance or equilibrium and didn't get pulled in as a result.

or there was a doubleblock