RP Query

Prythe is looking to be unenemied to Eleusis and they want her to prove her dedication somehow, but doing and offering to do, the "typical" forestal things (which she has continued to do as able) for Nature doesn't seem to be the answer they're looking for. 

All suggestions (offering to die, to fight, to defend, to help, etc.)  have been met with "You should be able to figure it out."

Any suggestions?

Deborah

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
- Let me get my hat and my knife
- It's your apple, take a bite
- Don't dream it ... be it

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Patrolling for forest fires.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • It's not about proving her dedication to Nature. It's proving she understands and accepts she made mistakes and makes an effort to rectify these mistakes. 

You (should) know what your character did, and how to fix that should be obvious. And it has nothing to do with dedication to Nature.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Alrena said:
    It's not about proving her dedication to Nature. It's proving she understands and accepts she made mistakes and makes an effort to rectify these mistakes. 

You (should) know what your character did, and how to fix that should be obvious. And it has nothing to do with dedication to Nature.
    It is clearly not obvious or I wouldn't have asked you - Lady Gaia - other Leath-ri - other Achaeans, all IC.

You have already declined to assist IC, and now OOC. Thank you for your input.

I have asked many IC, and nobody has been able to come up with a suggestion I have not already offered (or already done).

As such I thought I would bring it to the Forum to see if anybody had a unique thought or idea which I might not already have offered or done.

The retroactively claimed offense was stating that The Lady Gaia is _a_ Divine of Nature not _the_ Divine of Nature.  

That I made this statement is not in dispute.

That said it was not what led to my enemy status, but, as I was told that my status was due to "Disrespect to a Divine" the actual circumstances leading to my status are no longer relevant.

Given the existence of the Lord Lupus, the Lord Neraos, a host of others including my own Lady Artemis, I would suggest that I stated a fact, no disrespect intended or inherent in the statement, which really puts me at a loss.

If that helps anybody give me any thoughts or suggestions, I am open to thoughtful suggestions. 

This really is just a game. It would be nice to be able to fully enjoy it and spend time with friends without them having to look over their shoulders again. It's been close to a year since I (they!) have been able to do so.

Deborah

P.S. What did lead directly to my enemy status was noting that Forestal youth are taught to put out fires no matter what, and not to set the forests on fire. I questioned, perhaps a bit too judgmentally, the thought that a Forestal so trained would be quick to set fire to a forest for a "greater good" or because a Divine told them to do so. Offense was taken, for which I have already apologized many times, including as I fought  my way out of the Village, not having been given the opportunity to leave peacefully before I was enemied, and attacked by villagers and guards.

P.P.S. I survived. If it hadn't been such a sad/silly event I would have been thrilled by the fact I got out of there alive! Muah! Roar!

• Erhon said:
    I just have this mental image of a couple in the middle of a fight. 

'You should know what you did wrong and how to fix it. If you really loved me you'd know.'

'No Loosis... I really do... please honey forgive me.'
    I should have sent flowers!

• If you joined Gaia's Coven and swore your life to her I'd be satisfied. :)
  • Prythe said:

Erhon said:
    I just have this mental image of a couple in the middle of a fight. 

'You should know what you did wrong and how to fix it. If you really loved me you'd know.'

'No Loosis... I really do... please honey forgive me.'
    I should have sent flowers!
    @Prythe: Dude, your significant other is actually allergic to flowers. How forgetful and insensitive of you! I am hoping you do not have a cache of reading materials of adult nature, for that person will find them, and turn them into a papier-mache effigy of you that will be burnt in front of the house in full view of the neighbors. 

• edited January 2015
    EDIT: Never mind, ignore. Wasn't around for it, so not going to say anything based purely on available records.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Rangor said:
    If you joined Gaia's Coven and swore your life to her I'd be satisfied. :)
    I'd say "Right after you, Buddy!" but you'd probably do it, oh Tribe mate o'Mine!

• But forestals have been known to set fires and then call out, "Fire!" I'm confused about what you said/did that was so worthy of enemying. :confused: 
  • Jonathin said:
    Alrena said:
    It's not about proving her dedication to Nature. It's proving she understands and accepts she made mistakes and makes an effort to rectify these mistakes. 

I burned like 60 rooms in 1 sitting.   Should I walk around and apologize while tenderly rubbing the trees?
    Rubbing them... together so fast they start another fire...
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Trevize said:

Rubbing them... together so fast they start another fire...
    I was tempted to do this when I was told to mail the heads of forest enemies to Awan and after about 30 of them, was told that nobody had been keeping track.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • edited February 2015
    Jonathin said:
    Alrena said:

I burned like 60 rooms in 1 sitting.   Should I walk around and apologize while tenderly rubbing the trees?
    I could also throw gold at them, because it works with every other organization. Can trees think?

Seriously though, even if we do know what our characters did, that doesn't mean that we know how to fix it. If you don't want the typical kill shit, offer shit, throw gold at shit, or wave my arms and shit, how am I supposed to know what you all would consider recompense for my actions?

Rangor was pretty straight forward with me a while back, I don't get why everyone else has to be so enigmatic.
    You are/were an oakstone enemy. You go to the trials now and maybe one or two other tasks if the hierophants are moody on the day you ask. Super easy, RPish and engaging.

Prythe was uncitizened for loudly causing drama/trouble/"joking" about hiring an unlicensed assassin on jack and all the other things we love in a fellow citizen.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited February 2015
    @Jonathin I don't know, I personally I enjoy a bit of enigma now and then. It allows for a bit of creativity, if you are willing to go that route. Would much rather break my head trying to come up with something interesting both for me and whoever, than just be told to do boring x and have no other recourse.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Doubt it, since we booted Jack shortly after that, though for different reasons.
  • I see a pattern. WHO IS NEXT?  :s
  • Rangor is next. Neeeigh!!
  • edited February 2015
    Why would you hate Jack? He's the proprietor of Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement Ship Deck.  "UNCLE TOUCHY'S NAKED PUZZLE SHIP DECK! YOU WON'T WEAR A SHIRT AND YOU'LL CRYYYYYYY"

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited February 2015
    She was uncitizened for joking about hiring on someone who everyone knew to a huge sexual predator basically stalking all your newbs? She deserves a trophy, not enemying IMO.

@Jonathin - My eyes cannot take anymore random logs of treekin sex. Please, no!

@Prythe - I hope you get it sorted out. :+1: 
  • There was a huge witch hunt for people who wouldn't bend over and touch their toes for the Gaia train.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Jovolo said:
    There was a huge witch hunt for people who wouldn't bend over and touch their toes for the Gaia train.

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • My strategy in these situations is to be extremely blunt and ask the people involved OOCly: "OOC: Hey, everyone keeps telling my character that they should know what to do here, but I don't know what that is, can you give me an example or point me in the right direction?".

I've never met anyone who refused that, though apparently maybe I would have if I were ever involved with the Nature faction.

Good luck. It sounds like you're dealing with the ever awful problem of people who can't separate IC and OOC, even if it's the reverse of the usual version of that problem.
  • Jovolo said:
    There was a huge witch hunt for people who wouldn't bend over and touch their toes for the Gaia train.
    more like a huge imagined hysteria about a witch hunt for people who wouldn't bend over and touch their toes for Gaia.
This discussion has been closed.