Emergency maintenance - Jan 29.

12346»

Comments

• I was so going to put on that picture I uploaded..I may not have Achaea...but I have wood!..but then I thought maybe..that was to much..
  • Clotilde said:
    I was so going to put on that picture I uploaded..I may not have Achaea...but I have wood!..but then I thought maybe..that was to much..
    How much wood did Clotilde chuck?
  • Lisbethae said:
    Clotilde said:
    I was so going to put on that picture I uploaded..I may not have Achaea...but I have wood!..but then I thought maybe..that was to much..
    How much wood did Clotilde chuck?
    about 3 loads worth....
  • edited January 2015
    Sidd said:
    I played Archeage for about a month, before I realized that it is farmville with fancier pictures. Near the end of my time playing there was an outage of over 24 hours. The staff gave almost no updates and the forum thread about it was nothing short of internet epic. Coming to Achaea after that I've been met with the opposite impression of the staff here; active on the forums, responsive to the smallest of questions and seeming to actually give a shit about the players/customers. Kudos to the staff, I might even make it through this downtime without freaking out. 
    Staff to customer ratio is almost never going to feature linear growth.  Some video game communities have 100x or even 1000x the amount of players that Achaea has, while having maybe 10x the amount of staff.  Then you have to figure for those larger companies, what percentage actually have the knowledge and authority to communicate with the community. Probably not many. 

In this case, Achaea went down at about 4 AM on a weekday. About 100 people were out of service. Versus a couple of staff members. Now imagine if counter-strike drops. That's 300,000 people vs. GabeN.

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Cobault said:
    Ahmet said:
    Trey said:
    Cobault said:
    Tahquil said:

So.. what did you do when the server was down?
    I drank a lot more bourbon and coke than I should have..
    HA. Putting bourbon in coke. Cute
    More like HA. Putting coke in your bourbon. Cute.
    ...oh, you guys thought I was mixing them or something? Nooo. I fill a glass with liquor and a glass with coke, and I drink straight then chase it a few seconds after.

I'm from the South. Don't mess with me on this.
    Psh from the south? In the south we don't do this "chase" thing

• MasarykMasaryk Sangre Plains
    Caladbolg said:
    Cobault said:
    Ahmet said:
    Trey said:
    Cobault said:
    Tahquil said:

...oh, you guys thought I was mixing them or something? Nooo. I fill a glass with liquor and a glass with coke, and I drink straight then chase it a few seconds after.

This is the truth.

• Masaryk said:
    Caladbolg said:
    Cobault said:
    Ahmet said:
    Trey said:
    Cobault said:
    Tahquil said:

This is the truth.
    My last reply to this bundle of comments before I let it go in a now obsolete thread.

There's a lot of big, strong, manly man 'I have to 1-up you' drinking guys here, huh? I admittedly find that hard to believe.

It's a personal preference though, really. Some people mix, some drink straight, some chase. I'm a chase sorta guy. I could drink it straight no chase, sure... it's just not gonna be as enjoyable and relaxing to me as having a nice cold coke with it. It's just, the perfect combo, man... Like getting wasted and getting ahold of a big bag full of french fries.
  • Oh, I mix plenty, just not whiskey in any incarnation. The only reason to chase or mix it is if you're drinking cheapshit bourbon, and if that's the case you still make me sad :(