2H Combat

So I finally decided on 2H (Still debating l3 scims). What do I need to know and what are some viable strats that I can start testing on people? I know some of you are like try it out ingame and I will! Just want to know what I should start working towards. Thanks for the support.

Comments

• Strategies will vary wildly depending on who you are fighting. On someone tanky you will need to focus speed more to put some damage pressure on them or every sip balance will just go to limb applications. 

Try to get at least 2 fracs on each area so you get the maximum from your passive afflictions.

If they do not parry head, wail on it. The slower sips are great for stacking and damage pressure. 

Your only real option against classes that hinder a lot is speed. Those classes are usually less tanky and precision is too weak to give damage pressure when you do get a hit in. 

Is limb breaks with upset to show en down a bit or hold em in place for a couple of stacks.

Be wary of rebounding. Rebounding into your own legs can be a disaster. Lethargy is basically the death of 2h so prio it quite high in your herb cures. 

As for basic strats, get 6 stacks on legs, 4 on torso, break torso, devastate legs, impale, DSB x2

• It'd be so much cooler if 2H had a passive ability that rendered them immune from the effects of lethargy and clumsiness
  • I was actually thinking perhaps let them use rage to cure it. 2h vs 2h is basically a battle of who can get the first leg fracs in. Once that is decided, the battle is basically over. 

• What abilities from skills do you need to actually fight as a 2H? It seems like the secondary skill wouldn't be too important, but what do you need from Chivalry? I haven't checked which abilities were moved into Weaponmastery yet.
  • So Arms don't matter except to afflict?
  • Jovolo said:
    What abilities from skills do you need to actually fight as a 2H? It seems like the secondary skill wouldn't be too important, but what do you need from Chivalry? I haven't checked which abilities were moved into Weaponmastery yet.
    You'd probably want Isaz/Piety/Gravehands from Runelore/Devotion/Necromancy. I think Fury is the new Trans Chivalry ability, and you'd want that for additional health pressure; other things you'd need - envenom and I think engage would be the big ones without being able to log in and check - you'd get along the way.
  • WessuxWessux Chattanooga
    Jovolo said:
    It'd be so much cooler if 2H had a passive ability that rendered them immune from the effects of lethargy and clumsiness
    I could see lethargy maybe, but if they had clumsiness immunity I have no idea what you would do to slow them down. A runewarden is slightly easier to run away from, but against infernal or paladin it would be awful. The moment you get two tendon fractures you're not going anywhere ever. You cure fractures too slowly, and they can pile them on too quickly after that point. 
    Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
  • I am bias. From a reasonable standpoint, clumsiness is an acceptable affliction for them to struggle with. Lethargy is not. 

I love the image of them being nigh impossible to hinder though, bar prone/breaks.
  • edited January 2015
    Leviticus said:
    So Arms don't matter except to afflict?
    No, arms still matter. You could devastate arms before you devastate legs to put them off salve balance (remember, can not shield or parry with two broken arms), you can use devastate arms for hindering, or of course for vivisect. 

I can swallow clumsiness to a degree, even though it sucks considering how slow you are. Lethargy though is a killer and pretty much game over. 

• WessuxWessux Chattanooga
    Everyone has to deal with Lethargy. I could see them getting something like dedication where it cost mana and hurts them to ignore it, but they should still deal with it like everyone else. They can simply put it higher up on their prios to deal with it.
    Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
  • Lethargy is percentage based last I checked. Not hard to see why it bones them harder than most. Also 2h is the momentum class that builds momentum the slowest.