Achaea 2

13»

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Ernam said:
     There seem to be a lot of people with the knowledge and motivation to do this job.
    There are a lot of people with substantial knowledge of Achaea's lore but running events is not easy and requires a fairly diverse set of skills (planning, creative writing, scripting, leadership, communication, organization, etc etc). 
  • Since there's no full-time events person right now...what happens to all the requests sent to events@achaea.com or rp@achaea.com currently? Are divine staff and volunteers sorting through them at all or are they just sitting there waiting in a massive pile for the new hire to come in (mostly curious because it would be helpful to know whether these should be re-submitted after someone is hired)?
  • Those email addys get looked at but as I'm sure you're aware, the chances of something sent there being acted on are fairly low.
  • Follow-up question: What might increase the likelihood of something sent there being acted upon? 
  • Nothing on your end that you can really do. Our team members are usually busy filling their time with their own projects.
  • IRE could offer college internship opportunities if it already doesn't. Several colleges have programs where they give college credit to someone for on-the-job experience, this could help both the student and IRE because IRE could get free labor, and the student can fulfill their course requirements. Just an idea.

• Yeah, we've done that before, but only with people who have already been through the Celani program, given up their mortal characters, etc.
  • Just use the ole whip to the back method, I want fun events :(
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Aegoth said:
    I would kill to have Lusternia's liquidrift in Achaea. @Tecton @Makarios pls
    This is already on the list, iirc.

• I feel really silly for thinking Celani actually was a volunteer position.  It never made much sense to me for that reason.  I thought "wow, you go... you selfless volunteer for a business you".  Makes more sense now!
  • It is a volunteer position.
  • edited January 2015
    I think ideologically the forces of Good, Evil, Nature, and Truffles, would really all just be better off (in-character) by joining up with their counterparts.

Although... I have a feeling that Achaea vs Lusternia would look a lot like an Ashtan vs. Anyone icon raid, since everyone would get on their "main" (almost certainly on Achaea, and ironically also probably still Ashtani), and the Lusternia side would be a bunch of rag-tag RPers wondering where all there active fighters mysteriously vanished to.
  • I meaaaan... they have aetherships. The lore potential is there. Just sayin'.
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • edited January 2015
    Makarios said:
    It is a volunteer position.
    @Makarios You don't sound emphatic enough, Garden-slave! Say it again, this time in all-caps to show us you really mean it! 
  • Holy shi, I must echo Trey's sentiments. I would lose much of my life playing that version of Achaea, Bronislav. I maintain my thoughts on the first page too, if the ability to somehow combine the lore of certain games arised, it would be sweet to see them integrated. Increased playerbase, more things to play with, greater, streamlined admin support with events etc. Mhm.
  • How many game v game setups have there been like that?

Would be sweet.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.

• Trey said:
    I liked this post before, but I had to come back and say it again. I would play the shit out of this game, whether another IRE or some version of a tabletop RPG. 
    Jovolo said:
    Holy shi, I must echo Trey's sentiments. I would lose much of my life playing that version of Achaea, Bronislav. I maintain my thoughts on the first page too, if the ability to somehow combine the lore of certain games arised, it would be sweet to see them integrated. Increased playerbase, more things to play with, greater, streamlined admin support with events etc. Mhm.
    ..Maybe I'm just vain, or I need something better to occupy my time. But hold onto your butts. :wink: 

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited January 2015
    Wouldn't play it.

I've already invested enough irl money in Achaea to keep me from playing another mud that has an artifact system like Achaea.

On the other hand if they released a new game with the same code type as Achaea that was only available to iron elite members with an entire different setup to artifacts or the removal of artifacts in general to the basic point that spending irl money on this server other than the monthly subscription will basically get you nothing (Maybe customisations and random stuff like that) then I would likely totally play it.

Although it would be cool to have some cross mud fighting, since as far as I can tell all the muds are in the same universe but on different planets or something.

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    I have always had dreams that Achaea and Aetolia would someday be smashed back together. Auresae and firepriests. @_@
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Tecton said:
    Makarios said:

2. If Achaea and Lusternia threw down and you people lost I would never forgive you.

Ever.

Don't worry...

@Tecton , Today you has jinxed it. thanks a lot, dude!

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • I  would be overjoyed if we could crib the flavor of Nil and Nihilism from Lusternia for reflavoring the Chaos Plane and Domination.

• Valaria said:
    Tecton said:
    Makarios said:

2. If Achaea and Lusternia threw down and you people lost I would never forgive you.

Ever.

Don't worry...

@Tecton , Today you has jinxed it. thanks a lot, dude!
    Pssh. You're late on this joke.
  • I'd make 100 Outcast characters, buy basic lessons on all to preserve them, and sit on them for years until I can sell each for a few hundred a piece.

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein