Anonymous attacks

2»

Comments

• You'd hate the reasoning for doing so more
  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    But now we're stuck litigating that on the forums, engaging in character assassination, which is why issue shaming sucks for everybody who enjoys a quiet, peaceful forums experience like @Jules.
  • Just trying to fix some problems here that's all
  • Anonymous attacks sound super cool, but is it really surprising that something like that might be less "cool" in practice?  I don't know if Herenicus is referencing issue shaming with respect to Jhui's possible unwillingness to ISSUE ME to get a verified name, or some ISSUE between him and bold letter guy (are we really going to keep pretending we don't see that because it's pretty ridiculous).  

Jhui putting a dude's name in bold letters in a Golden Dais thread surprises me, but nice, reasonable people can do funny things if they're badgered enough, and I have NO idea what's actually happened (other than Jhui is apparently getting sniped and such, most likely by bold letter guy).  
  • Jules said:
    Anonymous attacks sound super cool, but is it really surprising that something like that might be less "cool" in practice?  I don't know if Herenicus is referencing issue shaming with respect to Jhui's possible unwillingness to ISSUE ME to get a verified name, or some ISSUE between him and bold letter guy (are we really going to keep pretending we don't see that because it's pretty ridiculous).  

Jhui putting a dude's name in bold letters in a Golden Dais thread surprises me, but nice, reasonable people can do funny things if they're badgered enough, and I have NO idea what's actually happened (other than Jhui is apparently getting sniped and such, most likely by bold letter guy).  
    Nah, bolded guy is threatening to issue a friend of mine for helping kill him during a raid defence in which he actively participated because he didn't witness the attack.  I only assumed his next line of attack would be claiming snipes are anonymous so we never really know.  At which point, he'd likely place himself in a room with someone else sniping just to tempt an attack on him to issue for.

I am merely trying to beat this before it happens.  This person has a level 3 issue sword, so it's hard to rule anything out.
  • Are you talking about Florentino?

• Alaskar said:
    Are you talking about Florentino?
    I am not sure i am allowed to say that he was the one, so I won't
    I'm sorry I called you rich, @Jhui. You know I didn't mean it. 
  • Herenicus said:
    I'm sorry I called you rich, @Jhui. You know I didn't mean it. 
    it's all good, I was just a 12 year old with a lot of time, not cash-money.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    @Griffel? Is that you?
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Wonder what would happen if someone who had purchased zero credits hopped on the forums and just started blatantly breaking both issue and forum rules, simultaneously.

I mean, @Jhui, I think you're an OK guy, but at some point you should accept that the game admin just aren't enforcing the rules, so the chivalrous thing to do would be to just follow them anyways, because they're there for the betterment of the game and the people who play it (even when you're the one feeling slighted by them).
  • Shit, he brought out the whaaambulance.
    Those rules are for other people, @Ernam‌
    Laws, as we read in ancient sages,
    Have been like cobwebs in all ages:
    Cobwebs for little flies are spread,
    And laws for little folks are made;
    But if an insect of renown,
    Hornet or beetle, wasp or drone,
    Be caught in quest of sport or plunder,
    The flimsy fetter flies in sunder.
  • While discussing the issue or indicating the issue is obviously taboo, the OP still stands as a valid concern where more 'issue-happy' people are concerned.

Regardless of the PK rules change to common sense, there are still those that count every attack against them and will flat-out lie in issues to attempt to sway admin opinion to their side. The only way to combat being lied about when you're issued is to give the entire facts as you have them.

"I was sniped in Tir Murann and the Serpent I suspected and sensed was on the path leaving the area and was in their city shortly after." is not going to get you off the hook.

"I was sniped in Tir Murann and when it didn't continue, I cleared the room and checked to see who had attacked me." is going to be 100% justification for retaliation.

It would be wonderful if we didn't live in an Achaean world where details like the above are necessary, but the fact is that we do. Obscuring the details of the attacker is a very bland form of 'interesting' background tied to attacks, and it is wholly unnecessary to be 100% anonymous for any attack. Obscuring at the time can create confusion in the instant to help an assault or initiate an attack, but you should be able to know exactly who attacked you after the fact.

Ideally this would be a new skill very low in vision (ideally inept).

Recall:

Syntax: ENCOUNTER RECALL

Provides the names of any players that attacked you within the past five minutes. Details of which attacks belonged to which attacker will be unavailable. This will incur a significant balance penalty, reduced slightly with higher skill in Vision.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• This thread is closed.
This discussion has been closed.