Most Badass Class

Comments

• Stuneree said:
    People get pissed off when I call this community toxic, but look at this thread. It starts off with a new player asking about cool classes, and now it's people bickering about who is a better combatant than who. Achaea, Dream of Divine Dick Measuring

Also, magi are pretty cool with that damn golem. Only found out about it today. 
    I don't know that the community is toxic so much as there are about six people on the forums who make it seem that way pretty regularly.

Anyway - it occurs to me that occultists are also pretty badass. Selling your soul to like a dozen devils at once and commanding them to do your bidding while skulking around and killing people with the terrifying revelations that it is implied you have already undergone as an occultist is pretty goddamn badass.

Not to mention the class's history of possessing some of the most iconic, well-known characters in the game, from an ascended God to long-lasting political figures to Flair, who was pretty much personally responsible for completely changing the course of the Chaos factions and bringing a new god into the game, to people like Poergh deciding to bash to dragon by 1v1ing entire city-states.
  • I agree that from what I've seen nothing can really challenge blademaster for the top slot. Behind them I would put paladins and infernals, then occultists, then priests and apostates, because being able to simply stare at someone and screw up their internal workings is pretty damn badass. 

I don't think people give the forestals enough credit, though. Sentinels and Druids are basically text-Udyr, and Sylvans literally become walking forces of nature. 
  • Living through Poergh's "bashing" was incredibly interesting...to say the least.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Purely in terms of flavour, Infernal and Apostate are so badass. Vivisect. <3 I love imagining the scene in my head and writing it out, also loved the corpses they used to leave. Also will never forget the time Sabiru stopped talking to me in guardhouse halfway, said 'be right back', duanathar'd, cath'd someone, and was back in <10 seconds.

If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Dang I never bothered to picture Apostate combat. 

It's Itachi  Uchiha genjutsu!
  • inb4 Mizik goes Apostate and changes his profile picture again
  • Vesios said:
    I don't think people give the forestals enough credit, though. Sentinels and Druids are basically text-Udyr, and Sylvans literally become walking forces of nature. 
    Metamorphosis has some fairly badass imagery associated with it (imagine somebody coming at you with a hydra's roar, legs are breaking, you're wrapped up and trying to writhe while the other heads are flaming you and snapping at you, then suddenly that same person is all jaguar teeth and claws tearing you to ribbons, and then you turn into a charred husk from a sudden incinerating blast of fire). Shame it doesn't always work that way in practice.

Sylvans also get stormhammer. Which is probably one of the coolest attacks ever without cackling like Emperor Palpatine behind the keyboard. Grove users get lightning as well, but it's just not the same (there was old-school grove lightning, on the other hand...).
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Mizik said:
    I talked to Xinna all night about changing to Apostate. You're not helping, griefer.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Just reading Blademaster test in combat makes me feel like a badass.
    Serpent makes me feel like an assassin.
    Monk I dislike, You have the powers of a physic a jedi and a martial artist all in one.
    Jester, was pretty awesome as well. killing people by shoving a fire cracker in the pooper was always fun.
    Necromancy, (apostate/infernal) and cannibalism was my favorites.
    If you can pull off Damnation Paladin is where it is at.

But mostly Blademaster, You can jump high enough to be considered flying, You have the ability to evade out undetected. The ability to see hidden foes. Rebirth your self in fire, Carve the broken star (Completely awesome if you've ever seen one) Use elemental sword attacks, conjure the void, strike pressure points. Personally though, I feel that all of Blademaster's abilities actually fit the Samurai style Blademaster is going for. I think perhaps the lamest part of blademaster is all the attacks are draw type slashes. 

But the one that makes me feel the most badass of all blademaster skills has to be annihilation. everytime I use it...

• Sentinel most badass class.

You take on animal forms and maul and claw people.
    You can incinerate someone.
    You can summon animals, even a WOLF to kill people for you.
    You chuck handaxes at people and spin a spear in OMG I'M SO AWESOME ways.
    You can set traps that makes your enemies cry.
  • I'd pick a trident, little more badass than spear for me! :smile: But, just to clarify, do you actually take the animal forms or just the spirit of the animal possesses you? I've always been a little confused with what Metamorphosis does... :confounded: 

I really love the Blademaster but Apostate has always felt as the most badass class ever. It always reminded me of those overpowered Liches you encountered in Baldur's Gate 2 that kind of kicked your arse real hard unless you exploited game mechanics! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: 
  • Jester. Well, Talysin as a Jester.
  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    edited January 2015

Apostate is the least-loved class of the affliction-based classes and I don't think being restricted factionally does anything to prioritize us for development relative to classes that anyone can play :\

• Apostate happens to also be one of the best affliction classes, to be fair. Not a whole lot they need.
    Jovolo said:
    Apostate happens to also be one of the best affliction classes, to be fair. Not a whole lot they need.

Well, need is a high standard to meet, but it would be nice to see Apostate on par with the others. People vote with their feet.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Apostate is my favourite class. It needs a little tweaking here and there, and being able to kill sylvans, druids or monks would be nice but other than that i love it.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Herenicus said:
    Jovolo said:
    Apostate happens to also be one of the best affliction classes, to be fair. Not a whole lot they need.

Well, need is a high standard to meet, but it would be nice to see Apostate on par with the others. People vote with their feet.
    What do you mean on par? It's already arguably the best, only really Serpent rivals it. It has the unfortunate disadvantage of needing several skills outside of its skillset to reach full effectiveness, but that's still a testament to its variety of kill methods
    Not necessarily correct @Jovolo‌ . Serp and apo very differently. Apo more like  a stronger bard if they go aff route. Cant rely on the locking affs against smart people

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    edited January 2015
    Jovolo said:
    What do you mean on par? It's already arguably the best, only really Serpent rivals it. It has the unfortunate disadvantage of needing several skills outside of its skillset to reach full effectiveness, but that's still a testament to its variety of kill methods
    Not many making the argument and fewer taking the plunge. When I start seeing serpents flip to Apostate again, I think the argument that we've reached sufficient parity will be easier to swallow.
  • edited January 2015
    I don't know why you'd assume that class popularity has anything significant to do with class strength. Everyone in the game would be a Jester in that instance. Apostate is a great class to fight with regardless of its lack of a large amount of players (which is probably more due to the fact that you need to play in Mhaldor to gain access to it).
    edited January 2015
    Jovolo said:
    I don't know why you'd assume that class popularity has anything significant to do with class strength. Everyone in the game would be a Jester in that instance. Apostate is a great class to fight with.
    Be that as it may, classes don't usually become popular because they're less great than others (edit: even within the subset of Mhaldorian players).
  • edited January 2015
    No, but neutrality and high utility certainly play a factor. You make few arguments as to the apparent weakness of Apostate. 

It's also a pretty difficult class to play, moreso than Serpent nowadays. That's why so few people succeed at it
    Jovolo said:
    No, but neutrality and high utility certainly play a factor. You make few arguments as to the apparent weakness of Apostate
    I'm going to leave that to people who know what they're doing.
  • Evidently not, unless I've misunderstood your reason for disagreeing with me
    I don't think it's particularly great for certain classes to be significantly more difficult than others, denying everyone else the fun and thrill we enjoy in the Apostate class.
  • f u troll
    apo is certainly lot more complex than serpent and there is less instant gratification. Apostate is great in small group skirmishes, but a serpent would have an easier time killing a large variety of people in 1 v 1 or big raid situations. 

Not having that instant gecko is a huge turn off though.

-

As drawn by Shayde
    Serpent also has a fuck ton of awesome utility/roleplay abilities that Apostasy can't touch.