Most Badass Class

Comments

• Tael said:
    Mechanically, I think it's serpent.

Flavour-wise, it's blademaster. Being the "most badass" is pretty much the unifying theme for the entire class.

I'd agree if it weren't for a single BM mechanic: slow prepping.  There's nothing badass about poking someone, running away, and repeating, until you can walk into a room and explode them.

If/when that goes away, it'll be the blade-slinging badassness that it was meant to be from the start.
  • edited January 2015
    Jhui said:
    Quoting in case you edit again

I changed the post because there's no point in getting personal in a conversation about class design.  I'm also well aware that who is right or wrong about something has nothing to do with who is going to win a "debate" on the forums between me and any member of the Ashtan/forum division.

I'm done, I stated which class I think is badass.  Sorry for causing a derail (with an on-topic post).
  • Too bad already quoted
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Lol should be enabled for this thread, if nothing else. I swear, every single one of the past few posts needs one.
  • Blademaster the Teemo of achaea
  • Jovolo said:
    Blademaster the Teemo of achaea
    Truth
  • Dragon is, because dragon. They may be fat in achaea but its a fucking dragon.
  • Want to see Ernam truelock Jhui. Also want to see Ernam using the max potential of bard, jester, priest, or knight!
  • Guys, trolling shecks is so 2005.. Adapt, get new hobbies.. move along.
  • Ernam saying Jhui is bad at combat... what? Ernam can't fight his way out of a wet paper bag and 9/10 times has no idea about class mechanics. 0/10, bad troll
  • Well I just made a Blademaster and was thinking "I should make a thread to ask how straightforward their combat is because who knows I just might try it this time" and then I was all "nah that's kind of a waste of a thread, maybe there's an existing thread I could use" and I saw this one and was reading through it and I was all "yeah that looks nice, I like where this is going, I can just slip my question in" and then serpents.

I have 150 Lusternian credits that I'll trade over for Achaean ones. Let me know if you're interested!
  • edited January 2015
    Xinna said:
    Want to see Ernam truelock Jhui. Also want to see Ernam using the max potential of bard, jester, priest, or knight!
    Ernam, 'to-the-max' vs Jhui, pre-nerfed class exploiter. Interesting. I think i will bet on Jhui.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • edited January 2015
    Valaria said:
    Xinna said:
    Want to see Ernam truelock Jhui. Also want to see Ernam using the max potential of bard, jester, priest, or knight!
    Ernam, 'to-the-max' vs Jhui, pre-nerfed class exploiter. Interesting. I think i will bet on Jhui.

I'd probably bet on Jhui on a fight vs Ernam too (although we broke even dueling as monks).  Shecks has comparable artefacts, but no icon, TFs, or staff of nicator (but that's fine).  I'll be sure to bring this conversation up when multiclass comes out (at which point Shecks will immediately be going back to serpent).

I don't have a beef with Jhui, and unlike @Aegoth's comment suggested, I have never stated that he is "bad" or even anything less than "awesome" at combat.  That's the second time today I've had someone manufacture a quotation of mine that never occurred, just so they could point out the flaws in the thing I never said.

Jhui's awesome, I just got miffed when he (and others) trivialized serpent combat, considering that he attempted it, was awful at it, and easily loses to it (but is relatively safe behind his DPS, because how good your offense is is meaningless if you only have about 5-8 seconds to use it before you're dead).  If anybody thinks I'm insulting him by "accusing" him of having an obscene DPS, then that misinterpretation is on you.

• Ernam said:
    Valaria said:
    Xinna said:

Shecks has comparable artefacts, but no icon, TFs, or staff of nicator (but that's fine).  

Uh we got no icons either and we see maybe one TF per rl month, if that.
  • WessuxWessux Chattanooga
    Won't lie. The past 20ish posts made me miss the lol button more than the father that walked out on me. #bringbacklolagreedisagreewtfinsightful
    Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Serpent is badass in the same way my mom's cooking is badass imo. The image of a serp holding a dirk and a whip just comes across as pretentious rather than badass, and I can't think of any serpent abilities that would look good in a movie compared to like, vivisecting, absolving, catharsis, etc.

Serpent abilities would probably be quite cliche in a movie because the moves aren't things that come across as original by any stretch of the imagination.

That's my one serious post for the week.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    Apostates will just have to make do with Wulfen
  • And Ranzou!

• edited January 2015
    Stop polluting the thread. Logs or gtfo.

Magi for most badass class 2015. Shiny crystals, fireballs and lightning, and a giant crystalline golem to do my bidding? Yes please.

• Jovolo said:
    Honestly, from my view, you guys are getting a bit much. Ernam didn't personally attack anyone, he just made a casual observation as to Jhui having a mountain of artefacts, the staff of Nicator and fairly consistent TF's combined with classes that benefit greatly from them. This is not a crime on Jhui's part, obviously. He's playing to his advantages. Though if you think Ernam is wrong, then prove him wrong? Whether or not he implied that this is the only reason Jhui is good is another, subjective matter altogether, and one that he even apologised for and said that is not what he was saying at all. We all have difficulty getting our points across sometimes.

Even people like Aegoth who should literally not be talking about combat at all come in and take pot shots at him. 

I disagreed with Ernam saying that Serpent is a high difficulty class, but that was that. I could go on and explain why I think that, as could he in defending his own opinion. You bait Ernam into overextending into arguments you feel like (and in some cases, know that) you can win just so you can treat him like he's stupid. The whole "I wish I could LOL at this post" and "Lol, you should have seen what he said earlier...". If you want to debate as to why you think Serpent is one of the best duelling classes while also only being mid difficulty, then just say so. You don't even need to refer to Ernam.

Ernam gets the reactions he gets from certain people because he regularly lies about those people. Perhaps you don't mind, since you are never implicated, but some of us would prefer he just shut up about us. And when he talks the same way about others, we will react just the same because we've had it happen numerous times to ourselves.

When you are uninvolved, you don't necessarily know what is a lie and what isn't, so I suppose you may buy into Ernam's "innocence" act. But alas, many of us see right through it.

• edited January 2015
    People get pissed off when I call this community toxic, but look at this thread. It starts off with a new player asking about cool classes, and now it's people bickering about who is a better combatant than who. Achaea, Dream of Divine Dick Measuring

Also, magi are pretty cool with that damn golem. Only found out about it today. 

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Isn't enough for you to just whine in one thread?

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    Have you not seen what the entire last two pages were? Where were you then?
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    With that logic, i am literally worse than hitler

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Jovolo said:
    Shirszae said:
    Have you not seen what the entire last two pages were? Where were you then?
    I trusted in your peace-keeping abilities but you failed me :(

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• /Thread please
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."