Morningstar Artifacts

Not sure what subforum to use, so I just used this one.

Anyway.  Yeah, apparently the level 1 morningstar artifact, in terms of customisation, cannot have the appearance changed to use 'star' instead of the full baseword, even though currently that's exactly what it has by default. I'm not sure if it's intended, but I issued myself and Lycon told me that either morningstar or star would work in specifically that situation, but my customisation was declined. I've already issued and bugged it and typo'd it, but I'm just curious as to your thoughts.  It seems logical that it should be allowed, since it already exists exactly how it is.  I'm not talking about changing the baseword of the item, simply altering the appearance to use 'star' instead of 'morningstar'. 

Comments

• agree, should work
  • AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    Morningstars:
       Barbarian's Star                73     191     212     350 credits
       Berserker's Star                77     195     218     800 credits
       Matsuhama's Star             85     200     225    1600 credits

Yeah, all three versions of the weapon do the same thing, too.  I'm hoping that it's just because the weapons are new.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    It also depends on the rest of your description. If you were changing it to something that used the word star in a different context (eg celestial), that would be refused, I'm fairly sure. Did you get any further notes with the refusal?

If you post the description, perhaps we can, in our capacity as grown-ups, critique?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Personally, it's not a star, it's a morningstar. Barbarian's Star, Berserker's Star and Matsuhama's Star are all names of very specific types of morningstar, in the same way that Thoth's Fang is the name of a specific type of dirk or a Soulpiercer is the name of a specific type of rapier. The fact they don't use the exact word for the base type of the weapon in the name for that specific type shouldn't mean you also don't have to.

That said, they already let you use generic words like 'blade' or 'sword' in weapon customisations, so go nuts I guess.
  • AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    It wasn't anything grandiose.  Just 'a lucky star' for the short_desc.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Agrias said:
    It wasn't anything grandiose.  Just 'a lucky star' for the short_desc.
    I can see why that would be refused. My first thought is a Madonna song (not that I consider that to be the reason for a description to be refused, after all, my True Blue Vogue Erotica Music customisation went through no bother), but more that there's a phrase "born under a lucky star" which is clearly referring to a star in the sky as opposed to a spiked ball on the end of a short wooden pole. The point I made in my earlier post seems to be the case here. (I may be totally wrong, of course, just my interpretation)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    It's honestly not very far out of the realm of probability.  Considering how much Hermes is a part of my rp, having luck-themed equipment is standard, usually.  But they didn't give a reason for the dismissal, only that 'it has to have morningstar'.
  • OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    You could try for 'a lucky morningstar'. Star on it's own probably wouldn't be accepted, as it would be presumed it is the celestial body and not (as Klendathu said), a spiked ball on a stick. Keeping the flavour of what the weapon is would be the main priority with its base name.

• I'd say there's a difference between "a lucky star" and "a lucky Star". But that's just me
  • AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    Thanks, @Ourania. I'll probably just have to think up something else to use. Back to the drawing board!
  • AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    Problem solved.  All the artifact morningstars are now exactly that.  Morningstars.
  • AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    This is why we can't have nice things?