Recent Change to Runelore - Isaz

13»

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Arador said:
    Does the damage hit you if the escape fails? 
    Yes, or it did when I tested it.

Chance to get out seems to be ~1/8.

E: Nevermind, Jhui says nope.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • edited January 2015
    There should be a "sigh of relief" button. Then again watching people running themselves to death against an engage fence would have been epic. 

• Addama said:
    Has anybody tested if this works against Backflip?  And if it does, is that a bug, like Tumbling?

It does work against it, but it isn't a bug. All piety/gravehands/tentacles type abilities stop backflip and similar abilities.
  • edited January 2015
    @Arador: Not quite what you were talking about, but:

3730h, 4668m, 25880e, 19597w ex|cbk Nemutaur head [0|0|0|0|2|0] - 10 [ast sen ill bld(99) amnesia]
    The ring of shining metal carries you up into the skies.
    Jhui lashes out at you as you turn to flee.
    Nemutaur lashes out at you as you turn to flee.
    Flying above South of the Eusian Falls (road).
    Snowflakes float down around you, colouring the world white.
    You see exits leading south and northwest.
    955h, 4668m, 25880e, 19597w e|cbk Nemutaur head [0|0|0|0|2|0] - 10 [ast sen ill bld(99) amnesia](-
    2775h, 45.4%)

#snb #brutal

It was literally about two seconds of being targetted, "Oh shit better get out of here!" *fly* "Oh crap, that was such a bad idea." And, obviously, I did it again after burst because I'm a goddamn pro.

(EDIT: Am I hashtagging right?)

• yeah, damage engage situationally better than everblock engage.
  • XerXer Langley
    edited January 2015
    The damage is strong, especially if you get multiple Knights engaging. Regarding the Isaz change, I assume it's only the sketcher of the rune that stops the Engage, if multiple Knights have the same target engaged?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • Xer said:
    The damage is strong, especially if you get multiple Knights engaging. Regarding the Isaz change, I assume it's only the sketcher of the rune that stops the Engage, if multiple Knights have the same target engaged?
    No, anybody engaging with a Runeblade in an Isaz room gets the effect.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • XerXer Langley
    So... how is the chance calculated when someone escapes? If there are two Knights with Runeblades, two times as likely to stop? In addition to have two Engages on them if they do get by both?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • Xer said:
    So... how is the chance calculated when someone escapes? If there are two Knights with Runeblades, two times as likely to stop? In addition to have two Engages on them if they do get by both?
    I don't believe that the balance penalty stacks, so you'd still be subject to a ~2 second balance hit.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • edited January 2015

OP: seems like a pretty amazing time to be a runie.  Nothing but upgrades across the table, in both damage and hindrance, in a class that already had some of the highest peak damage before weapon and knight upgrades.

If anything, I'm a bit scared, because I'm fully artied and couldn't tank runewarden damage with platemail, earth shield, toughness, SoA, rites, angel empathy, trans avoidance, mounted, and spamming hands - before they got better weapons, attacks, and even more hindrance, on top of parry bypass and easier DSBs.

I have to assume they know what they're doing back behind the curtain, but to me, it looks like someone spilled coffee on the controls.  The days of the runewarden [were already in progress] have come again!

• Ernam said:

OP: seems like a pretty amazing time to be a runie.  Nothing but upgrades across the table, in both damage and hindrance, in a class that already had some of the highest peak damage before weapon and knight upgrades.

If anything, I'm a bit scared, because I'm fully artied and couldn't tank runewarden damage with platemail, earth shield, toughness, SoA, rites, angel empathy, trans avoidance, mounted, and spamming hands - before they got better weapons, attacks, and even more hindrance, on top of parry bypass and easier DSBs.

I have to assume they know what they're doing back behind the curtain, but to me, it looks like someone spilled coffee on the controls.  The days of the runewarden [were already in progress] have come again!

I think if you look through the respective threads on Two Hander, S&B and Dual Blunt, you'll find there's a lot of discussion on their weaknesses.  For example, none of the three have Lunge - that's a major nerf.  S&B has a very reliable DSB sequence that requires rather lengthy prep for a single DSB.  Two-Handed slows down significantly against optimized curing/Evade/dodgy classes.  Dual Blunt has no hindrance to speak of, aside from Isaz. 

Here we have a mixture of buffs and nerfs made to create a more dynamic experience.  And it's likely that no two Runewardens will fight the same way.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • What makes sword and shield prep "rather lengthy"?
  • Antonius said:
    What makes sword and shield prep "rather lengthy"?
    You mean aside from requiring at a minimum 30 seconds to prep one limb where Dual Blunt needs 7-8s?
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Oh ok, we're comparing it to the ridiculous prep of dual blunt rather than something sensible. Gotcha.

I don't think sword and shield's prep is "rather lengthy" by any reasonable standard.
  • edited January 2015
    Agreed, each classes has their own specific roles. I've played only dual blunt since testing and now. I have to say that the lack of hindrance on our end outside of breaking limbs with real ease, we don't have much offensive outside of breaking limbs and damage. Even still the quickest I've been able to pull off an assault combo is roughly 40s from start to finish with nothing hindering, such as shield, rebounding or parry (Although parry is next to nothing with this class so many different routes to take to actually get a level two break in very minimum amount of time needed, with flails and morningstars really.)

I can say soon as you start sticking paralysis and/or clumsiness on a dual blunt their momentum drops dramatically. Which is where their counter comes into play.

OT: I will say having the Isaz rune, helps out many of the specs greatly, and while I haven't quite been on the receiving end of an Isaz, I will say it's nice having some form of having a way to keep people in the room so you can actually manage to do damage or prep without constantly running away
  • On the subject of the blocking effect with multiple engages. If you do try and move with 2 people engaging you, do you trigger both their engages at the same time and thus take down both their engages, or do you only trip one engage block at a time, leaving the other Knight still engaged on you and still blocking?