Classleads - January 2015

Comments

• AchimrstAchimrst Nature
    edited January 2015
    I am here to formally announce the first classlead I will introduce:

Molest (Vodun)                              Known: No
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Syntax:            VODUN MOLEST
    Extra Information: Fashions required: 1

Details:
    As long as the doll's living twin is in the area you can touch the effigy inappropriately,
    and watch in joy as its becomes shy and fearful of you.

Forgot to add, it inflicts stuttering.
  • Achimrst said:
    I am here to formally announce the first classlead I will introduce:

Molest (Vodun)                              Known: No
    Syntax:            VODUN MOLEST
    Extra Information: Fashions required: 1

Details:
    As long as the doll's living twin is in the area you can touch the effigy inappropriately,
    and watch in joy as its becomes shy and fearful of you.

Show us on the doll where the bad man touched you.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Vaehl said:
    I can't wait for classleads.

It's fun watching people try to get their class buffed as much as possible, and deny all nerfs, including reasonable ones to try and keep their class OP.
    +15 Jester buff suggestions for 'closed' classlead round.

^_^
  • @Mizik Is molest a viable Vodun ability?

Will it hurt the game to make shaman passive resistances be used on something other than attune because most shaman just attune Maligus and Teraile anyway?

Do you think Maligus is OP for vodun combat?

Should we just nerf Shaman outright and make them useless and all have to change class to something else?

Thank you sir.
  • I have some ideas-- *quickly sidesteps to avoid falling anvil*

Destabilise grounding shouldn't launch the Magi, or it should be balanceless so they can fly/etc.

RE: retardation curing. Magi ideally prep and break the target before using retardation, but if they didn't, they should have something other than active bloodboil to let them keep going. I suggest a temporary healing effect exerted by Golem, lasting about 25-30 and curing only voyria, stupidity, paralysis, in that order. The tick would probably be every 5-10 seconds. Or make it shorter and faster bursts of curing.

Lastly, destabilise Cataclysm. My thought was that a cataclysm in nature is a terrible event, so destabilising could summon 4 elemental storms at once: inferno, sandstorm (strip defs), snowstorm (freeze), and thunder storm (damage).
    Since Cata is spun by 2 magi and typically only for raids, this could be a potent one-shot melee engage of some kind.

Either way, some effect for Cataclysm would be cool.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • WessuxWessux Chattanooga
    So, I was gonna wait to till the class leads open up, but I'll go ahead and post my ideas on here.

1. Impale writhe time being based on the number of limbs at the time of the impale not the time of the writhe.

2. Restore fix two fractures (possibly increasing eq balance if used for this purpose)

3. Tendons not knocking you off balance when you run, similar to frozen ground.

4. Scimitar's stats being changed. Increasing the damage. Forged 58/164/231, Level 1 62/168/236, level2 66/173/240, Level3 70/180/245
            4a. Axes are useless, they need a major damage boost to be useful again, but I don't know good numbers to put them at.

5. All Knight specs for paladin get fervour. At the very least two hander.

6. Dsb affected by Algiz or scales. <--This would be nice, but is not necessary

7. Alchemist homunculus should lose target when it moves rooms.

8. Two Hander slaughter ability's damage upped a bit.

Personal question/tiff slightly annoying thing. Why is a longsword and buckler as fast as 2 level 1 artefact swords. It's almost insulting that a longsword is as fast as a scimitar. Dual Cutting should be faster, or S&B should be slower actually. S&B does not need to be at 1.9s with forged weapons, where dual cutting should be.

Bug that's been unanswered. When mounted and two hander upsets you it counts you both as prone and mounted. So you can neither tumble nor mountjump. Two bugs have been filed and seem to be ignored. If this is a game mechanic it should be changed. If it's a bug hopefully it will be fixed.

1, 5, and the bug are the things that I believe should/need to changed. The others I think would round a couple other things out well. But I'm sure I might not be thinking of some stuff on why these could be bad so please tell me what you think.

Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
  • SnB needs to be where it is since it is an affliction class, focused around soft and focus locking. Dual Cutting can set up more limbs much faster and is more a hybrid between limp prep and affliction stacking. Yes, SnB needs fewer limbs for its strats but is more limited on what afflictions it can give together and really needs to work its affliction power to make anything work.

Arador said:
    SnB needs to be where it is since it is an affliction class, focused around soft and focus locking. Dual Cutting can set up more limbs much faster and is more a hybrid between limp prep and affliction stacking. Yes, SnB needs fewer limbs for its strats but is more limited on what afflictions it can give together and really needs to work its affliction power to make anything work.
    I agree, it just annoys me as a person is all. I needed to say it out loud to feel better.
  • Wessux said:
    4. Scimitar's stats being changed. Increasing the damage. Forged 58/164/231, Level 1 62/168/236, level2 66/173/240, Level3 70/180/245
            4a. Axes are useless, they need a major damage boost to be useful again, but I don't know good numbers to put them at.
    I'm not sure about increasing scimitar damage. The whole point is that Knights wouldn't/shouldn't have the same damage potential they had before just by leaning on doubleslash, and limb prep times feel satisfactory to me. Battleaxes also aren't totally useless, there's just no reason to have more than one. Razeslash with a battleaxe rather than a scimitar is a huge damage boost since weapon speed is irrelevant.

Paladin and Infernal both have avenues for killing that don't require damage, which admittedly leaves Runewarden in an awkward place. I'm not convinced a straight increase to doubleslash damage is going to solve those problems, though.

----

Here's what I'm currently considering:

Combination damage is far too high. The affliction potential and toolkit of Sword and Shield is fantastic, there's no justification for the damage potential being so high as well. I'm not sure if it's an issue with the base damage or strength scaling yet, but something needs to change there.

Not sure how I feel about multiple engage hits right now. Seems like it just means leaving the room is absolutely impossible once you have more than one or two knights engaging, unless you do it straight away and have enough health to tank two or three of them or are one of the two classes with evade. I may just leave this alone and see how I feel by next classlead round, though.

I still think falcons knocking off balance is a clunky and unnecessary mechanic. I've classleaded this before and they said they'd reevaluate after the Knight changes. We got rid of gremlin knocking off balance with the Occultist rework, seems like a good time to take it away from falcons, then re-purpose whichever Sentinel ent does it as part of their rework.

Repeatedly shielding is annoying as hell, but I have no new suggestions to fix this since the last time I raised a classlead about it.

• S&B longsword balance isn't based around realism, it's based around what is necessary for the class to be viable in Achaea (an internet game).

If it were even slightly slower than it is, it would be unusable.

Why can't they just use scimitar/shield, you say?  Well, because that would sell less artefacts.

• edited January 2015
    @aegoth. If you need to hinder your opponents offense you have the following abilities available. Aerial, sandling, reflection, shield, jump behind icewall, break a leg and prone and... more..
  • Rangor said:
    @aegoth. If you need to hinder your opponents offense you have the following abilities available. Aerial, sandling, reflection, shield, jump behind icewall, break a leg and prone and... more..
    Breaking leg wastes your prep. But, yes. Magi does have good ways to turtle up. But I think that's something we want to discourage (like BM evade slow-prep). Sure, against a serpent I can reflect until aura is up - staffstrike! and repeat like x435234, but that's not too fun.

magi maybe needs some active hinder while they prep that isn't too OP, hopefully something can be figured out.

I'm not too upset at where magi is, because maybe that is just one of its weaknesses/features, which is fine.

• I don't think sword and board is at 1.9 with forged weapons, either.

• Getting rid of arrows into ret was probably one of the best changes we've seen in years.

yes, it means you can't just snipe magi who drop ret on you (which technically would never be possible if they used it intelligently),  but I see this as a good thing.  It means people have to actually fight in it (or run away) , making it the dynamic, interesting ability that it always should have been.  That was never really possible with full vibes + ret, but since that was finally fixed (at the same time), it is no longer suicidal to stay in ret and fight.

it also fixed a ton of meta problems like ret traps and ret/snipe wiping entire raid groups.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Ernam said:
    Getting rid of arrows into ret was probably one of the best changes we've seen in years.

yes, it means you can't just snipe magi who drop ret on you (which technically would never be possible if they used it intelligently),  but I see this as a good thing.  It means people have to actually fight in it (or run away) , making it the dynamic, interesting ability that it always should have been.  That was never really possible with full vibes + ret, but since that was finally fixed (at the same time), it is no longer suicidal to stay in ret and fight.

it also fixed a ton of meta problems like ret traps and ret/snipe wiping entire raid groups.
    I had no idea retardation was such an issue. Someone should have said something before so it could have been changed a long time ago. Really need someone dedicated to pointing out these flaws to the general player base so we can rally behind them and cry nerf!
  • I really think with all these changes runewarden is in a really bad spot.

First off, the proc rate on hugalaz in 2h is way too low. I think it could safely be upped to at least a 33% chance without any real problems.

The isaz change was great, but it was quickly fixed to something that is near useless now. While I agree that stopping tumble entirely was a bit too much, I think we could easily let it add 3 seconds to tumble. This would give us much more flexibility.

Dagaz takes up a rune spot on the ground, so I think it should be able to be inked on the body and stay with jera/algiz/berkana. It only makes sense with what the other abilities do.

The Lagua change was in the right direction, but having to use it on someone that already has torso damage makes it useless. I mean disembowel already does what it does. Instead I say that it just gives a lvl 2 torso break if you dsb with it.

I mean, this is all I can think of for now, until these things get fixed, I'm just not sure runewarden will ever be in a good place again.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • Wessux said:

Personal question/tiff slightly annoying thing. Why is a longsword and buckler as fast as 2 level 1 artefact swords. It's almost insulting that a longsword is as fast as a scimitar. Dual Cutting should be faster, or S&B should be slower actually. S&B does not need to be at 1.9s with forged weapons, where dual cutting should be.

Cooper said:
    I don't think sword and board is at 1.9 with forged weapons, either.
    agreed with cooper here. I've got trans weaponry and am hitting at 2.1 on slice/smash. Dunno how 1.9 would be achievable outside of artifacts

• Nakari said:
    Wessux said:

Cooper said:
    I don't think sword and board is at 1.9 with forged weapons, either.
    agreed with cooper here. I've got trans weaponry and am hitting at 2.1 on slice/smash. Dunno how 1.9 would be achievable outside of artifacts
    I dont even have trans weaponry just a Longsword/Bucker and I hit 1.9 with it with queueing consistently.
    Rise, and rise again, until lambs become lions.
  • Hasar said:
    Rangor said:
    Breaking leg wastes your prep. But, yes. Magi does have good ways to turtle up. But I think that's something we want to discourage (like BM evade slow-prep). Sure, against a serpent I can reflect until aura is up - staffstrike! and repeat like x435234, but that's not too fun.

magi maybe needs some active hinder while they prep that isn't too OP, hopefully something can be figured out.

I'm not too upset at where magi is, because maybe that is just one of its weaknesses/features, which is fine.
    He wanted a magi version of hangedman. Hangedman turteling functions about the same as reflection turtling. A bit more effective with hangedman against classes with loyals. But same shit. :P 
    I was being a little facetious about the speed thing.
  • Aepas said:
    I really think with all these changes runewarden is in a really bad spot.

First off, the proc rate on hugalaz in 2h is way too low. I think it could safely be upped to at least a 33% chance without any real problems.

The isaz change was great, but it was quickly fixed to something that is near useless now. While I agree that stopping tumble entirely was a bit too much, I think we could easily let it add 3 seconds to tumble. This would give us much more flexibility.

Dagaz takes up a rune spot on the ground, so I think it should be able to be inked on the body and stay with jera/algiz/berkana. It only makes sense with what the other abilities do.

The Lagua change was in the right direction, but having to use it on someone that already has torso damage makes it useless. I mean disembowel already does what it does. Instead I say that it just gives a lvl 2 torso break if you dsb with it.

I mean, this is all I can think of for now, until these things get fixed, I'm just not sure runewarden will ever be in a good place again.
    What the hell.  These are massive buffs.  Too much.

Hugalaz is fine.  I think the blunt weapon runes could use some variety (as mentioned before, only Hugalaz is useful for blunt weapons) but increasing the proc rate by that much will just bring back lolwardens, and we don't want that.

If you want to counter tumble, just trigger a Brazier on a tumble message.  Obviously you need to make sure you're on balance or about to regain balance for that.

Runewardens don't need a passive healing buff that follows them around, no, no, no.

Successful disembowel depends on having a torso break for all other classes, why would Runewardens need this?  Way too buffy.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Rangor said:
    Hasar said:
    Rangor said:

He wanted a magi version of hangedman. Hangedman turteling functions about the same as reflection turtling. A bit more effective with hangedman against classes with loyals. But same shit. :P 

It could potentially also double as an easymode parry bypass.

Beyond that, I don't think magi is the only class lacking active hindering of that sort, is it?
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Antonius said:
    Wessux said:
    I'm not sure about increasing scimitar damage. The whole point is that Knights wouldn't/shouldn't have the same damage potential they had before just by leaning on doubleslash, and limb prep times feel satisfactory to me. Battleaxes also aren't totally useless, there's just no reason to have more than one. Razeslash with a battleaxe rather than a scimitar is a huge damage boost since weapon speed is irrelevant.

I agree with the stated goal, 80+ damage on 235+ speed rapiers was hard to stand against, but I think the current incarnation of scimitars is a bit of an over-correction. As an unartefacted Runewarden in fullplate, I ignore DSL damage now. It literally doesn't overcome my sip, moss, and regen unless I just stand there and take it with sensitivity up. If I'm fighting back, even nominal hindrance of my opponent keeps me comfortably near full. I survive a good number of DSL's DSBs because I'm usually near full when they come.

We certainly don't need to go back to old Soulpiercer levels, but current DSL damage is pretty anemic. 64 damage on a 245 might be okay, but 52 on a 231 is just pitiful. Something like 60, 63, 66, 70 on scimitars would keep the level 3s from being too much, without making forged weapons laughable.

Also, RSL'ing with an axe is good and all, but if axes are only good for RSL'ing, it would be easier to just remove axes and make RSL do more damage, since DSL Knight is the only spec with RSL in the first place. A good pair of180+/150/140 axes was one of the only ways I had to finish off opponents who auto-applied to torso. Now that axes have 20 less damage and basically the same speed, they're much less effective at the one thing they were actually good for.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • edited January 2015
    So, uh -- these are basically just quality of life, but:

It would be nice if laguz's limb damage scaled with weapon damage. This way you could use axes/scimitars interchangeably without being unsure where you are at in your prep.

Also, since weapon stats are now standardized I think it would be nice to be able to change runes on our blades without it taking ~6 seconds of balance. Being able to smudge/sketch left/right even would be nice.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Achimrst said:
    @Mizik Is molest a viable Vodun ability?

Will it hurt the game to make shaman passive resistances be used on something other than attune because most shaman just attune Maligus and Teraile anyway?

Should we just nerf Shaman outright and make them useless and all have to change class to something else?

Thank you sir.
    I agree with moving passive things (the runelore equivalents only) to something other than attune. No one in their right mind is going into a fight with those up, even if they don't know how to use the other attunes. The skills went from guaranteed, to never used. Please fix or give shaman other defenses to mitigate the loss of algiz, berkana, and jera.
  • Austere said:
    Achimrst said:
    @Mizik Is molest a viable Vodun ability?

Thank you sir.
    I agree with moving passive things (the runelore equivalents only) to something other than attune. No one in their right mind is going into a fight with those up, even if they don't know how to use the other attunes. The skills went from guaranteed, to never used. Please fix or give shaman other defenses to mitigate the loss of algiz, berkana, and jera.
    I'm actually going to classlead something for that, so crazy will ensue obviously. I just find it funny we have to attune to Garon and be capable of manipulating totems in order to gain a resistance to physical damage.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Fervour for Paladin specs beyond Dualcutting (assuming Dualcutting kept it - all I know is that SNB and 2h did not).
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"