Chivalry Fury

2»

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Ahh, missed that. So essentially you do need at least one broken leg. A pity as focuslocks would have been a nice way to keep them prone and not sipping for the DSB.

Well I might need to break a leg yes to get them down in the first place and take them off salve balance to attempt a soft focus lock, but if I manage that I will not be able to disembowel anymore.

Edit: I do understand why this is though. Otherwise you could just DSB them every time you have full ferocity.

Edit 2: You don't get the club but you do gain ferocity, still.

• edited January 2015
    1. If Fury is only conventionally toggled on for DSB, why should it exist at all? Just increase base DSB damage or give everyone an effective +2 strength just for DSB. Having an ability that exists only to be toggled on for DSB and toggled off thereafter adds nothing to the game beyond requiring people to write a very simple script. Baking it into DSB solves the problem of accidentally leaving it on and avoids giving permanent +2 strength.

2. If Fury makes sense for certain specs to have on all the time, remove it from Chivalry and put it in those specs without the limitation, acting like weathering.
  • fury is very flexible, no reason to change it.  Scripting doesn't matter at all with it.  It lasts long enough per hour that a little waste here and there isn't going to fuck you.  Once it's built into your muscle memory to turn it on/off when you want you'll like it a lot more.
  • Tael said:
    1. If Fury is only conventionally toggled on for DSB, why should it exist at all? Just increase base DSB damage or give everyone an effective +2 strength just for DSB. Having an ability that exists only to be toggled on for DSB and toggled off thereafter adds nothing to the game beyond requiring people to write a very simple script. Baking it into DSB solves the problem of accidentally leaving it on and avoids giving permanent +2 strength.

2. If Fury makes sense for certain specs to have on all the time, remove it from Chivalry and put it in those specs without the limitation, acting like weathering.
    +2 STR is useful for pressuring health before a DSB as well. It's also useful for group combat, where you won't necessarily DSB but just want the extra damage. 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • While three of the four Knight specs don't rely on health pressure (two need pre-damage/DSB damage/post-damage, one has a reliable insta), Two Hander functions far better with +2 Strength.  I wouldn't fight with Fury off at any point with Two Hander.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • I would say dual blunt also benefits from pre damage. If someone cures intelligently against you they can escape the pulp in which case you will have to try and use damage to kill them while they are on the ground.

• Arador said:
    Back on topic, though. I can see a strong case being made for just having Fury as a permanent +2 bonus for Knights, especially with the new Knight specs. Since we are spending this time tweaking and testing, if we find anything completely unbalanced, this would be a great time to address this.

It just takes out the meaningless hassle of managing it with scripts.

Fury   The secret to a knight's strength.

AB CHIVALRY FURY:

Fury (Chivalry)                           Known: Yes
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Syntax:            None
    Details:
    You are always angry. From this point on, you now have two additional points in strength. KNIGHT SMASH!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• To weigh in here - for non-artefacted knights, especially those of use who aren't playing Troll/Xoran/Satyr, the +2 strength from fury is a literal requirement for predamage, especially for twohander. I'm using a Dreadblade, and even with Fury going I hit a mage for barely 700 damage a swing. Any less than that and I'm literally not pressuring for fractures at all - it's become mandatory for me, at this point, and when I'm out of fury for the day I might as well not fight.