Forging Descriptions

Figure I might as well have a new post for the ones I am getting a little stuck on. (I can only come up with so many ways to say something, you know?)

The first one I need help on is...

Double-sided

To be totally honest, not sure what it's supposed to mean.

Comments

• Amarillys said:
    Figure I might as well have a new post for the ones I am getting a little stuck on. (I can only come up with so many ways to say something, you know?)

The first one I need help on is...

Double-sided

To be totally honest, not sure what it's supposed to mean.

• Yep. Now make that work for a sword or a lance.

•   ?????????????

• Yes, and that has crossed my mind, but not sure if that's the case for what its supposed to be considering dual wielding something like that seems unlikely. Any comments, @Sarapis?

• edited January 2015
    Also gonna dump these here because I'm not excited to do the colours...

blue
    green
    orange
    yellow
    red
    purple
    violet
    pink
    brown
    white
    tan
    grey
    golden
    black
    silver
    crimson
    cerulean
    indigo
    turquoise
    amber
    scarlet
    ochre
    azure
    bone-white
    jet-black
    alabaster
    ivory

• Amarillys said:
    Yes, and that has crossed my mind, but not sure if that's the case for what its supposed to be considering dual wielding something like that seems unlikely. Any comments, @Sarapis?
    Double-sided is restricted to blunt weapons, so it's more like this: http://www.darkknightarmoury.com/images/PRODUCT/large/887008_1_.png

It's probably not the greatest descriptor.

• Sarapis said:
    Amarillys said:
    Yes, and that has crossed my mind, but not sure if that's the case for what its supposed to be considering dual wielding something like that seems unlikely. Any comments, @Sarapis?
    Double-sided is restricted to blunt weapons, so it's more like this: http://www.darkknightarmoury.com/images/PRODUCT/large/887008_1_.png

It's probably not the greatest descriptor.

Anyway to restrict it to just hammers and axes? A double-sided flail doesn't make much sense but a double-sided warhammer and a double-sided axe do.

• edited January 2015
    Nope, no way to do that. Maybe that descriptor just needs removing. I'll make it so!
  • Also, ignoring the colours, I have 26 left to go.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited January 2015
    blue     - An oceanic hue suffuses the length of this $thing.
    green   - The lively verdant of spring adorns this $thing.
    orange - A fiery orange hue bathes this $thing.
    yellow  - A pale yellowed surface bequeaths a fragile appearance to this $thing
    Red      - Bright red gleams off the every surface of this $thing.
    purple  -A royal purple adorns this $thing with subdued hints of regalness.
    violet   - Reminiscent of lilacs in bloom, the colour of this $thing is simple but elegant. 
    pink     -A garish pink unashamedly adorns the surface of $thing.
    brown  -Unmistakable, earthly tones bathe this $thing.
    white   -The understated beauty of white bequeaths a frigid appearance upon this $thing.

Still missing a fair few, but curious as to whether that style would be acceptable or if it needs toning down in some shape or form. @Sarapis?

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Those all look fine to me, Shirszae.
  • Okay, so three I cannot figure out.

Western
    Southern
    Peshwari

I'mma drop those for now and see if someone else can get them. 

• edited January 2015
    Annnnd I quit for the night! These last few are bothering me. I'll drop a complete list (excluding colours 'cuz @Shirszae says she's got them) and hope in the morning the fairies have finished my work for me, if not I'll get it done before work. Sorry I didn't get it done today like I said I would. :(

southern
    western
    Peshwari
    vicious
    glorious
    devastating
    overpowering
    colossal
    extravagant
    massive
    mighty
    exquisite
    indomitable

They're all pretty high level so feel free to have some fun with them. Basic rule as far as I can tell is to keep them to a single sentence.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Pretty sure the northern, western, and southern are to do with cities without blatantly saying Ashtani, Mhaldorian, or Cyrenese.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

There are already styles for the cities. Duplicating them would be kind of pointless, I think. 

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    could base northern on Tsol'dasi style, western for.. blackrock, maybe? and then southern foor... moghedu theme?
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

I think it would be better to just make it general in a regional manner. Northern as in Tundra. Western as in... Whatever is west beside Mhaldor. East for whatever beside Targossas. And same with Southern. I say this because it would be better if Tsol'dasi, Moghedan, and such styles were introduced specifically as such at a later point, perhaps gained as part of a quest

edited January 2015
    List of colours done so far. Includes the previously done because of some edits. Sorry for the double post. Please don't kill me :stuck_out_tongue:  Only eight more to go or so.

blue     -An oceanic hue suffuses the entirety of this $thing.
    green    -The lively verdant of a blooming spring adorns this $thing.
    orange   -A fiery orange hue bathes this $thing.
    yellow   -A pale yellowed surface bequeaths a fragile appearance to this $thing
    Red      -Bright red gleams off the every surface of this $thing.
    purple   -A royal purple adorns this $thing with subdued hints of regalness.
    violet   -Reminiscent of lilacs in bloom, the colour of this $thing is simple but elegant. 
    pink     -A garish pink unreasonably and without shame adorns the surface of this $thing.
    brown   -Unmistakable, earthly tones bathe this $thing.
    white     -A beautifully understated white hue bequeaths a frigid appearance upon this $thing.
    tan         -The gentle tan of this $thing reminisces of a morning's first glow.
    grey        -The vibrant hue of grey storm clouds has been perfectly captured in this $thing
    golden    -Gleaming brightly in the subtlest light, a powerful golden hue suffuses this $thing.
    black       -The understated elegance of black bequeaths upon this $thing a calm serenity.
    silver       -A radiant, silvery hue like the moon's own light gleams off this $thing.
    crimson   -This $thing has been instilled with the unconscionable deep, dark colour of spilled blood.
    cerulean  -Clear blue bedecked with hints of pale green create the beautiful colour of this $thing.
    indigo     -Intricate swirls of blue and violet create a deep, enticing hue upon this $thing.
    turquoise -A pale, delicate green with faint traceries of blue embellish this $thing.

• Amarillys said:
    Okay, so three I cannot figure out.

Western - iron and steel
    Southern - steel
    Peshwari - gold and silver

If it helps, added the comms for each in the quote.
  • Kez said:
    Amarillys said:
    Okay, so three I cannot figure out.

Western - iron and steel
    Southern - steel
    Peshwari - gold and silver

If it helps, added the comms for each in the quote.
    Depends on the comms, and what not. I mean if it's made out of Iron and say obsidian, then you've got a dark looking blade with a bluish tinged and sleek.

• I meant I quoted her short of list things she was stuck on and filled in which comms they take incase it will help her come up with something.
  • bah my immersion, was thinking of grey as troll boogers and not...vibrant...storm clouds
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • Ugh, these last six are killing me.

• Real disappointed in you.
  • Sorry! Almost done! Just waiting on the last of the colours from @Shirszae.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Don't let Danith tease you, he's just being a butt. You're doing fine!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Really just have the last eight colours which Zae says is coming along. Ellodin helped me with the ones I was stuck on, so we'll be ready to go very soon! You know, assuming they're good enough and I'm not 100% sure I should have been the one doing this after I did it because I feel like there's a lot better people for this sort of work.

Complete list! Included everything for the sake of having the whole list in one place, also because of some edits again. Thanks to @ellodin for sending me some suggestions and helping me with some I found particularly difficult!

blue
          -An oceanic hue suffuses this $thing.
    green    -The verdure of a blooming spring adorns this $thing.
    orange   -A fiery orange hue bathes this $thing.
    yellow   -A pale yellowed surface bequeaths a fragile appearance to this $thing
    Red      -Bright red gleams from $thing's every surface.
    purple   -A royal purple adorns this $thing with a subdued regalness.
    violet   -Reminiscent of lilacs in bloom, the colour of this $thing is simple but elegant. 
    pink     -An unreasonably garish pink shamelessly adorns this $thing.
    brown    -Unmistakable earthy tones bathe this $thing.
    white    -A beautifully understated white hue bequeaths a frigid appearance upon this $thing.
    tan      -Reminiscent of natural suede, this $thing has been dyed a mild tan.
    grey     -The vibrant hue of grey storm clouds has been perfectly captured in this $thing
    golden   -Gleaming brightly in the dimmest light, a powerful golden hue suffuses this $thing.
    black    -Classical in its elegance, a deep black bestows serenity upon this $thing.
    silver         -A radiant, silvery hue like the moon's own light gleams off this $thing.
    crimson     -This $thing has been instilled with the unconscionable deep, dark colour of spilled blood.
    cerulean     -Clear blue bedecked with hints of pale green create the beautiful cerulean of this $thing.
    indigo         -Intricate swirls of blue and violet create a deep, intimate hue upon this $thing.
    turquoise    -Pale, delicate greens with faint traceries of blue embellish this $thing.
    amber         -As it catches the light, this $thing glows with the brilliant amber of the setting sun.
    scarlet         -This $thing has been infused with the brilliant scarlet of a lobelia wildflower.
    ochre          -Darker shades of yellow and red bathe this $thing with the seductive tones of a duskened sky.
    azure          -The startling blue of a clear, summery sky adorns this $thing.
    bone-white -The unmistakeable white of bleached bone instils upon this $thing a macabre appearance.
    jet-black    -An unsettling black as deep as the night's own has been wrought upon this $thing.
    alabaster    -Marbled and milky white, this $thing bears a dignified, timeless appearance.
    ivory          -An attractive, subtly off-white hue instils in this $thing the stately appearance of ivory.

• And that's that. Okay, @Sarapis, how do you want me to send you this spreadsheet?

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Amarillys said:
    And that's that. Okay, @Sarapis, how do you want me to send you this spreadsheet?
    I vote semaphore

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."