an extravagantly wrapped Logosmas present

MayMay Texas
edited January 2015 in General Questions
What does this thing do, and how does one operate it? I've tried few different things and its got me puzzled.

Edit: Figured I'd post the description
-------------------------------

Trussed with a wide and curled ribbon of gleaming silver silk, and enveloped in
a sheet of luxuriously glossy emerald paper, this square gift box promises
wonders and delight if only someone would open it. An elegant tag loops about
the ribbon, its Logosmas motif of holly embossed and inked in greens and reds
bright against the thick cream parchment, surrounding three lines of curlicued
script.
It weighs 8 ounce(s).
It bears the distinctive mark of May.
An extravagantly wrapped Logosmas present is holding:
Nothing.
It will reset to you.

Best Answer

• edited January 2015 Accepted Answer
    Looks like you use it to send an item (maybe items, I only tried one) to people. Can only be used once an Achaean month/RL day.

Syntax is PUSH PRESENT <person> after putting the item inside it.

You take a meteor arrow from a box of stasis.
    6113h, 5754m, 25880e, 24307w ex|cdbk Chiam nothing [0|0|0|0|0|0] - 10 (+32m, 0.6%)
    You put a meteor arrow into an extravagantly wrapped Logosmas present.
    With great care, you place a meteor arrow in an extravagantly wrapped Logosmas present, carefully
    arranging the festive silver tissue paper in protective layers.
    6113h, 5754m, 25880e, 24307w ex|cdbk Chiam nothing [0|0|0|0|0|0] - 10
    Taking one last moment to tie a tidy bow atop an extravagantly wrapped Logosmas present, you close
    your eyes and picture Shunsui singing carols with happy HoHoHo halflings.

Apparently this is what it looks like on the receiving end:

Heralded by a subtle tinkling of bells and the heady scent of halfnog, you realise you have been sent a gift.

Answers

• What's the range limit? Could you send something to Meropis from the main continent, for example? Or send something to somebody off-plane?

Haven't experimented much with mine yet.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• I know that they have to be in realms for it to send. Haven't tested out how far yet, just seen if it would work.
  • Sarathai said:
    What's the range limit? Could you send something to Meropis from the main continent, for example? Or send something to somebody off-plane?

Haven't experimented much with mine yet.
    Had someone send me an item while they was on my ship, and I was in the harbour, so that works.
  • I sent a gift to someone that was who the hell knows where, and they sent it back and I was further away. As long as they are in realms, I think it works. Would have to check Gare/Meropis/Phase/etc at some point.
    meh

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Wilderness, beyond tundra line. And I'm amazed that nobody (that I've heard of) has tried out the combat implications with it. Three of which I figured (well, really just one, but still three) within 5 minutes of getting said box.
  • Daslin said:
    Wilderness, beyond tundra line. And I'm amazed that nobody (that I've heard of) has tried out the combat implications with it. Three of which I figured (well, really just one, but still three) within 5 minutes of getting said box.
    What, having a jester send a bomb?
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Not all that efficient for combat, not repeatedly anyway. Noting how you can only send one present per real day
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Doesn't require balance so it's like, free web once per RL day. 
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Is that the hohoho present for this year?
  • I saved the whole thingy for posterity, so here you go:

A liveried messenger appears suddenly at your side, and with a low, elaborate bow, presents you with an elegant golden giftbox. Doffing his hat cordially, the messenger vanishes as suddenly as he came.

You are holding:

giftbox###       an elegant golden giftbox

P GIFTBOX

Made of pine, this small box is covered in gilt leaf and coated with a fine sheen of sparkling diamond dust that gives it a glittering, shimmering aura when touched by light. The top of the container is decorated with a large bow of golden silk, and small hinges affix the lid to the lower portion of the box. Manipulated by a simple turn of its key, a tiny latch allows the receptacle to remain closed, keeping its contents secret from prying eyes.

It has 25 months of usefulness left.

It weighs 5 ounce(s).

It is closed and you can not see inside of it.

OPEN GIFTBOX

You should UNWRAP GIFTBOX instead!

UNWRAP GIFTBOX

You unwrap the lavish ribbon and paper from an elegant golden giftbox and open the lid to find inside an extravagantly wrapped Logosmas present!

You are holding:

present###       an extravagantly wrapped Logosmas present

P PRESENT

Trussed with a wide and curled ribbon of gleaming silver silk, and enveloped in a sheet of luxuriously glossy emerald paper, this square gift box promises wonders and delight if only someone would open it. An elegant tag loops about the ribbon, its Logosmas motif of holly embossed and inked in greens and reds bright against the thick cream parchment, surrounding three lines of curlicued script.

It weighs 8 ounce(s).

It bears the distinctive mark of Sybilla.

An extravagantly wrapped Logosmas present is holding:

Nothing.

It will reset to you.

READ PRESENT

You read what is written on an extravagantly wrapped Logosmas present:

To the generous gifter,

Place your present within the box

PUSH BOX <RECIPIENT>

PUT WINDCHIMES IN PRESENT

You put a set of silver and crystal windchimes into an extravagantly wrapped Logosmas present.

With great care, you place a set of silver and crystal windchimes in an extravagantly wrapped Logosmas present, carefully arranging the festive silver tissue paper in protective layers.

PUSH PRESENT [Person]

Taking one last moment to tie a tidy bow atop an extravagantly wrapped Logosmas present, you close your eyes and picture [Person] singing carols with happy HoHoHo halflings.

[First person view of receiving present]

Heralded by a subtle tinkling of bells and the heady scent of halfnog, you realise you have been sent a gift.

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    So what was the hahaha gift? I haven't had a chance to login lately (or a strong desire), so I have no way to check.  Do we get something that lets us take items from people? 
  • Austere said:
    So what was the hahaha gift? I haven't had a chance to login lately (or a strong desire), so I have no way to check.  Do we get something that lets us take items from people? 
    You get the HoHoHo gift because HaHaHa failed. It'll be the same thing.

• Kaihuti said:
    Is that the hohoho present for this year?
    Yes it is