Orb of Suppression Price

The world doesn't end if this doesn't happen, but I have a feeling Achaea would sell a lot more of these if the price were lower.  Imperian sells them for 200 credits (vs. Achaea's 500 credit pricetag), and I'm actually seriously considering getting one for the first time, to clean up my description.  I do realize there is also a combat application, at least in terms of sizing someone up, but I also think that a huge reason people buy these is to clean up descriptions, so take that as you will.  In fact, if you're really up in arms about that bit, you could sell a really cheap version of the orb that still allows people to size you up via appraise or something - which would be a product that appeals to the person who just wants a clean description.  Basically, the orb is nice, but at 500 credits I've just never seriously considered buying one in Achaea, even though my description here is a bit cluttered by arties.  It's really up to admin, and they know how well the product is or isn't selling.  

Comments

• edited January 2015
    I'll get behind this. I have one. 500 is steep as is, but I did it so my desc doesn't look stupid with 2 kinds of bracers, 2 kinds of cloaks, 4 amulets, 2 crowns and blah blah blah.

Not to mention after the 500 to suppress them all, if you custom something like tunic, boots, cloak or whatever, you have to then pay more to have that single one unaffected by the suppression. Price changes plz

@Sarapis @Tecton
  • Sure, if I get 300cr back.

• Right.  Which may not be a problem, since anyone who has this is probably has a huge artifact collection already.  
  • I'd rather just have artifact powers rather than decreasing the price of the orb. It is kind of stupid when you have someone running around wearing three hats, seven bracers, enough medallions to make M.C. Hammer blush, and eleven codpieces.

Just let people take the powers of the artifact and put it in a piece of jewelry or article of clothing.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    or add an Orb of Minor Suppression!
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Sefnir and Tharvis, all of the above would be great, and I bet each would sell over here, as they do elsewhere (the "cosmetic orb" would technically be genuinely new I think).  
  • I would vastly prefer that that artefact remain the same and these:

Sigil of Suppression: 3 Mayan Crowns
       - When ATTACHed to an artefact, it will hide it from view (similar
         to the Orb of Suppression.) If you own an Orb of Suppression, the sigil
         will work to reveal the item from behind the obscuring effects of the
         Orb. This sigil can be DETACHed from the artefact at any time.

Be changed to something reasonable, like 25-50cr.

• Micositu said:
    I would vastly prefer that that artefact remain the same and these:

Sigil of Suppression: 3 Mayan Crowns
       - When ATTACHed to an artefact, it will hide it from view (similar
         to the Orb of Suppression.) If you own an Orb of Suppression, the sigil
         will work to reveal the item from behind the obscuring effects of the
         Orb. This sigil can be DETACHed from the artefact at any time.

Be changed to something reasonable, like 25-50cr.

IIRC, that's basically what there already is. You have to contact Tecton or some such to add things to the list you want surpressed, but they cost like 50 or 100cr, at the moment. The original point is to sell more of the Orbs of Suppression, not the sigils to unsuppress it