Best bashing class after "The Big Change"

Hey.. So just wondering now, what class is the best bashing class now?
Paladin/Runie was definitely close before recent changes to weapons and such. 

My questions are:
1.) What class is the best for someone under level 80 with no artefacts?
2.) With artefacts, what class can be made the best?
3.) Does question number one change at the higher levels?

I'm an arte'd mage, and am able to hunt decently well. But also level 93

Comments

• Probably dual blunt or sword and shield Knight. Both seem like they have decent denizen damage, and sword and shield in particular would be really damn tanky with fullplate and a tower shield or Shield of Absorption.
  • Hmm, so knights are still on top? @Aelios‌ said it was relatively poor at bashing now
  • edited January 2015
    Two-handed has garbage bashing damage, that may or may not be adjusted further. The other three specs seem to be really good.

For contrast, my level three scimitar doubleslash with roughly equivalent strength does more damage than Slaughter (the two-handed bashing ability) with a level three bastard sword, at about half the balance recovery time.
  • Depends on which spec you use though
  • Sword and Board all the way. Dual blunt would be great for leveling, and don't really plan on hitting anything that hurts.

• Let me put it in perspective. 

One attack from someone with Level 1 Artifact Dual Blunt weapons does the same bashing damage in 2.6 seconds as my Two Hander attack for does in 13.6 seconds.

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• Is it really that bad? Seems like there should be disparity,  but not such a wide range.

• Dual blunt damage is hilarious.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • edited January 2015
    Wait till you smack a mage with dual blunt :)

You'll hear the tears through the computer screen. On Anarchaea, I was killing 5k hp knights with dual blunt, without assault. Just pummeling away at limbs, a few times I didn't even get to prep them properly before they just fell over.

• Dual blunt is a huge power house put hugalaz/thurisaz stacks down and it's just a damage machine really
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    What is the best bashing-wise for Paladins, then? Maybe it's just perspective, but bashing feels faster with the warhammer than it did with my Scimitars before the changes. About the same awful balance, but noticeably more damage
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • SnB/Dual Blunt still. Inspiration, Bliss, Hands. Even more tankier than normal. Str is good since dual blunt is low damage. :)

• Trey said:
    Is it really that bad? Seems like there should be disparity,  but not such a wide range.
    Unless the huge bashing rebalance a few months ago was completely scrapped, there shouldn't be any disparity. Every class that doesn't use weapons has nearly identical DPS at every point (unartied with base stats, unartied with offensive spec, fully artied with offensive spec, etc.), while the huge variation in weapon stats was the main reason weapon classes were insanely overpowered.

Now that weapon stats are static and easy to balance around, it would make sense for weapon classes to be brought in line with everyone else.