Sword and Board Discussion

Comments

• Sword and shield slice is about 2.2 with a forged longsword, from my testing. Probably around 2 seconds, maybe a bit faster than that, if you get a level three artefact. I think the type of shield has some effect on balance recovery, too.
  • Anyone tested shields and their effects on balance recovery? My L3 LS and SoA was about 1.90-1.95

• buckler 2%/2% seemed to be about .15-.2 sec faster on a combo than soa 11%/11%
  • edited January 2015
    Slice/Smash with a L3 broad and tower gives me 2.4. Wanting to try with an SoA/kite and see. 
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Ow.
    @Dalran

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • The lighter shields are faster but do less damage. The heavier shields are slower but do more damage.

SoA is equivalent to a banded shield for the purposes of the calculations. I.e., no bonuses to either damage or speed, but also no negatives.

What do you mean about the nausea thing? It works just fine for me (its only for knights, for reference).

Snb is probably the best afflictor of the 4 by a significant degree.

• XerXer Langley
    edited January 2015
    Weaponry
    --------
    * The NAUSEA affliction will now make you too weak to fully PARRY an attack. 
    Either you will fail to parry the attack entirely, or you will redirect the 
    attack. In the event the attack is redirected, you will still receive damage and 
    afflictions, but the attack will be untargeted and no limb damage will be 
    received.

This doesn't happen. I've made sure that Xinna/My Testing dummy had Nausea, and hit a parried limb. They never failed to parry the attack, and it was never redirected either. I was using Combination attacks from SnB. On Trueparry and on normal parry - I didn't test it out on a Monk with guarding however.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • XerXer Langley
    It works now! Thanks
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • Should runewardens get "runeshields"?  A skill that lets runewardens empower shields with gebu/gebo with/or affliction proc chance like a runeblade, since we don't have damnation/frenzy/vivisect, etc.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • On the test server we used to get a notification echo with combination. Is there any chance we could get this on live, @Makarios? It was awesome!

• XerXer Langley
    How much damage should DSB be doing with L1 torso damage, a Runeblade, and 21 strength? Against an Apostate, it did 97.4%. I forget what Antonius' numbers were, and I could be mistaken, but it feels like it should be higher, unless I'm forgetting a bunch of damage mitigation that Apostates have.
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • 97.4% at 21 strength matches up with my previous testing, so sounds like you're not getting the benefit from the rune. That assumes that disembowel damage hasn't been adjusted down, which I don't think it has been (nothing was mentioned about that happening).
  • XerXer Langley
    That's what I thought. And again, I'm not sure if I'm getting the benefits from the rune of limb prep either. I wasn't earlier, but I haven't recently tested it. This is for SnB.
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • I've heard reports of SNB having slightly variable limb damage (from non-Runewardens), but I've not really tested that myself.
  • XerXer Langley
    *Peer* That's just taking things out of context. Given that 97.4% was the damage before the Lagua rune was implemented, if there were no other changes, then my Dsb should be doing more damage. So that's a bug, which I'm implementing, or there was a change in dsb damage that I was unaware of, which seems likely. Whether or not they want that damage to be like that, I made zero comment on. Plz
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • Makarios said:

Better than dual cut? 

grl pls
  • Mizik said:
    Makarios said:

Better than dual cut? 

grl pls
    Way easier to land a disembowel, considering you can stun on the impale.  You also have access to blackout (which I didn't test extensively but could be handy).
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • But limb prep takes ages in SnB and dry DSB without torso tickles at best.

I think people are going to run like hell on blackout. Well as soon as they stand. You need them prone with a broken leg to realistically stick it. 

• Blackout from SNB is about 2.5 seconds, by the way. It's enough to hide one attack and (probably) be useful but it's not "Oh my God I must run away now" scary.
  • Wait. Seriously? So you set up a leg, use your strike to prone them, concuss them they touch tree, you concuss them again to get the blackout to stick and it is only 2.5 seconds? That kinda sucks. 

• They will/should be using tree to keep up with the affliction rate on sword and shield, so having them off tree balance for the concuss shouldn't really be an issue.
  • Perhaps. A setup class would probably just shield to catch up. Even so, that seems like a lot of work to hide at most 2 afflictions for a second or two. 

• edited January 2015
    Addama said:
    Mizik said:
    Makarios said:

Better than dual cut? 

grl pls
    Way easier to land a disembowel, considering you can stun on the impale.  You also have access to blackout (which I didn't test extensively but could be handy).
    Not an example of affliction capacity. 

Can it beat sub 2s double venoms?
  • Level three longsword + buckler slice combination looks to be about the same as level three scimitar doubleslash in terms of balance time, and in most cases SnB does two afflictions per.

Also has the added benefit of forcing off focus balance with smash high and potentially another affliction every four combinations using strike.
  • edited January 2015
    Mizik said:
    Addama said:
    Mizik said:
    Makarios said:

Better than dual cut? 

grl pls
    Not an example of affliction capacity. 

Can it beat sub 2s double venoms?
    It's kind of hard to beat that, though you can hit for three afflictions every third balance.

E: Testing with Dji, S&B has the same problem Two-Hander has, at least if you're a Runewarden: I could leave any time. 
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • S&B has a good affliction rate, but not much you can do with it. Runies are fine as S&B, but I definitely made the wrong choice as Infernal + S&B. Been trying to figure out a way to pull off a vivisect and there is just nothing.

• edited January 2015

Pssh. Infernal doesn't -have- to vivisect. Infestation + SNB affliction locking is monstrous.

But yeah, dual cutting and dual blunt are probably better for vivisect.

@Caladbolg SNB is hands down the best spec for damnation, imo.

• A random affliction every X seconds helps you get them behind, and impatience can theoretically help you lock them, but shield afflictions are a bit lacking, unless there is something I'm just not seeing.