Groves and Forest Enemies

I know that Oakstone can strip Groves from people in a fashion similar to the Dread Eclair and Necromancy, but is the entire skill just gone or is it just the ability to imprint?

Can a forest-enemied sylvan still make a temporary quarterstaff grove for instance?

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    You lose the ability to generate sunlight i believe. A couple of abilities only work if you are a member of an eleusian house too.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • You can not use a variety of skills, but unless something was changed, I believe your abilities use up either 33% or 50% more sunlight. You can still fill your quarterstaff with sunlight, but your grove no longer charges. You can keep bees though! I do not know if you can imprint a new grove, as I kept mine even when I got enemied. You can port it around though, just don't lose what you have currently, cause that might be a problem.

Either way, you can pvp fine with just staff/bees/lightning. I don't even remember how to use the other skills.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • Mishgul said:
    A couple of abilities only work if you are a member of an eleusian house too.
    You're referring to Harmony?

It's the forestal version of the Alchemist Astronomy ability. Recipients of Harmony can be Eleusians, cityless Oakstone members (presumably to keep people from stacking Harmony with Astronomy), members of the Druid House, members of the Sylvan House or members of the Sentinel House.

I don't know if forest-enemy status would prevent it from being usable (mechanically, that is), though I can't imagine a situation where somebody is a forest-enemy and meets the above criteria anyway.

- (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited January 2015
    nvm

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Sarathai said:
    Mishgul said:
    A couple of abilities only work if you are a member of an eleusian house too.
    You're referring to Harmony?

It's the forestal version of the Alchemist Astronomy ability. Recipients of Harmony can be Eleusians, cityless Oakstone members (presumably to keep people from stacking Harmony with Astronomy), members of the Druid House, members of the Sylvan House or members of the Sentinel House.

I don't know if forest-enemy status would prevent it from being usable (mechanically, that is), though I can't imagine a situation where somebody is a forest-enemy and meets the above criteria anyway.

Also soul-resurrections, and it applies to the same groups (although you can resurrect yourself using just your soul even if you're not a member). Otherwise, you need a body.