Upcoming Sylvan Class Changes: Ideas and Speculation

2»

Comments

• @Alaskar: What is there to elaborate on? Seems like Xith posted the entirety of his idea in this thread, and that's all it is at this stage: his idea.
  • A previous thread in another section appeared to indicate that the entire skill set has not only been developed and tested, but that it is based largely on the idea by Xith. A brief forum search didn't find me his original posting of said ideas, so I thought I'd ask. 

If this isn't the case, ignore the question. The anticipation of upcoming changes is killing me though. Especially as it seems they'll coincide with a more relaxed work schedule, which means some play time. 

• That's not the case
  • Oh.  Well,  that's what I get for forum skimming.  I rescind the previous posts,  then. 

Thanks. 

• Yeah I posted it originally like 10 months ago but I think it's in a general forestal thread from before there were class forums. 

Just reposting here because it's a best fit for sylvans.

Definitely don't hesitate to share ideas for things when you have the chance. The admin pays attention to player feedback, so a number of changes will come through that players suggested months ago. 
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Insufflate (Formulation)                      Known: Yes
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Syntax:            IMBIBE INSUFFLATE
    Extra Information: Reagents: 1 gypsum, 1 dolomite

Details:
    This compound will alter your physiology, allowing you to convert
    foreign substances into oxygen. For the most part this can be used to
    allow one to breathe under water.

Vapourisation (Formulation)                   Known: Yes
    Syntax:            WIELD VAPOURISATION
                       THROW VAPOURISATION <AT GROUND|DIRECTION>
    Extra Information: Reagents: 2 magnesium, 1 malachite

Details:
    This powder reacts violently with water, able to boil away liquid or
    turn ice to steam.

I'm now willing to bet that one of the forestals will get a drowning skill.

• Why... xD
  • Would prefer more Nature magic and/or weather control, plz. Sylvans aren't water mages, plz don't make us that. 
  • Alrena said:
    Would prefer more Nature magic and/or weather control, plz. Sylvans aren't water mages, plz don't make us that. 
    They're elementalists so yes.
  • Quake (Elementalism)                          Known: Yes
    Syntax: CAST QUAKE
    Extra Information: Channels: earth

Details:
    By summoning forth a minor earthquake, you are able to drain away any
    water that may be flooding your location.

Another ability to drain away water got added to elementalism. It's looking like water levels are going to be a significant mechanic for some class in the near future, and I think sylvan is the best candidate among the classes that are still due for new skillsets.

• Also I think Sylvans should get lava if they're still going to be elemental. Nobody has lava yet (runies don't count).
  • *sees new post in sylvan speculation thread*

"oh boy!"

*nope, just heartbreak*
  • edited January 2015
    I really think you guys are reading way too much into quake, vapourisation, and insufflate.

Insufflate is just an alternative to pear. It's a utility skill. If it were a counter to drowning, that would be incredibly silly - one of the forestals gets a drowning skill and what, alchemists (and only alchemists) get some special form of immunity? That doesn't make sense.

Quake is pretty clearly there because it was previously awkward that magi could flood rooms, but not unflood them. People have been asking for that for literally years.

Vapourisation is there to ensure that it isn't just magi that can unflood rooms and also to go with the general raid-utility theme of formulation.

If anything, I think these skills suggest that the class isn't going to manipulate water levels - if they did, then what, alchemists and magi get some special defence against it that no one else gets? How would you go about balancing such a thing?