Simpler Targeting for Stormhammer

Currently, in order to cast stormhammer at multiple denizens of the same type, you have to specify them with their numerical IDs--otherwise, the spell just attacks the first one in the room (which would be totally fine if it attacked that target multiple times). Targeting the spell quickly enough to make it a viable hunting tool requires some pretty complicated scripting, as far as I can tell, because unlike other hunting abilities it requires unique identifiers for each target.

Could stormhammer be changed easily so that it automatically looks for new targets if multiple targets with the same name are specified? For example, if a room has thug123, thug456, and thug789 in it, and you CAST STORMHAMMER AT THUG AND THUG AND THUG, it would recognize that you wanted to target the first three thugs in the room, instead of the first thug in the room three times?

If there are any other abilities that target multiple denizens with a single command, they might also benefit from this treatment.

Comments

• I know there's scripts floating around for Stormhammer, so this technically isn't a problem.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Tecton said:
    Yep, we'll work on this as part of some upcoming magi changes!
    I haven't been able to log in in a while due to work, but could we have hints?

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Sarapis said:
    An option to CAST STORMHAMMER AT ALL <name> could be useful too.
    is that on the list? Please tell me that that's on the list
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Tecton said:
    a new skill has been added to replace it!

Add today,  please?  
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited December 2014
    Tecton said:
    Austere said:
    Tecton said:

Add today,  please?  
    Soon™
    Ask and you shall receive,  amirite?  Can't wait for this to go live.

I can't believe you guys implemented Xith's entire water control skill set.  So very cool knowing that a random idea for an entire skillset from someone actually got looked at.  Only thing I don't like is efreeti resetting water level in adjacent rooms, and needing level 10 fluid for the instant kill.  Six is more feasible. Drowning such a cool function and it made all the river changes worth it. 

Am I allowed to say that?  Don't worry,  @Tecton‌ I used a spoiler tag. 
  • New magi might be my style

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Austere said:
    Tecton said:
    Austere said:
    Tecton said:

Add today,  please?  
    Soon™
    Ask and you shall receive,  amirite?  Can't wait for this to go live.

I can't believe you guys implemented Xith's entire water control skill set.  So very cool knowing that a random idea for an entire skillset from someone actually got looked at.  Only thing I don't like is efreeti resetting water level in adjacent rooms, and needing level 10 fluid for the instant kill.  Six is more feasible. Drowning such a cool function and it made all the river changes worth it. 

Am I allowed to say that?  Don't worry,  @ Tecton‌  I used a spoiler tag. 
    That was actually an idea for a single ability more or less. But natural elemental forms seemed more Sylvan than Magi. I'm wondering if that's what any of the river flow rooms have to do with.
    I'm guessing forestals will be the last thing added so no way to know.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.