Minecraft

Comments

• Alright, we should be good to go for 1.4.4.

Again, if you notice anything funny or if your game crashes, please PM me ASAP.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    Surprise! 1.4.5 is out!

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Don't fall in my Big Ass Pit.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Halos said:
    Surprise! 1.4.5 is out!
    Tah dah! Server updated. Should be all good, but as per usual, let me know if you find any bugs.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• I haven't had a chance to pop on. I hope my partially built mountain fortress is still in one piece.
  • Should still be there!

A couple items for everyone to be aware of:

RENEWAL
    I've just received the invoice for our next three month renewal, for a total of $53.12 USD. This would be for the period of Dec 6th to March 5th. As of this moment, thanks to some incredibly generous donators, we're sitting at $42.87, meaning we need another $10.25 to complete the invoice. To be blunt, I'm unable to cover the $10.25 myself. (I also like to think I offer a lot to the server by providing my time as an admin!) So if anyone would like to pitch in to help keep the server alive, see the donation button on this page.

I am unable to guarantee a refund of a donation once 24 hours have passed, so please do not donate if you are unable to! That said, even a couple dollars is appreciated and donors are given first access to any in-server perks. (At the moment, this is emeralds, one for every dollar donated. See me directly for the emeralds.) Any carryover is kept for the next renewal period and I do keep records of all cash flow.

BABY!
    As many of you are aware, I am rather pregnant at the moment. Actually, I'm very pregnant and while I'm officially due December 2nd, it's really an "any day now". Thankfully, labour is rarely instantaneous and I'll be able to post here to let you guys know that I'll be away for at least a couple days. That said, baby has to sleep sometime, so I'll be back, no worries.

PLUGINS & SPAWN
    At the moment, we've got some buildings that are a touch too close to the spawn point if we ever wanted to create an expanded common area (like an arena for MobArena, etc.). If we don't, then it doesn't matter. In either case, no one has to move, however if I do end up moving spawn to another area, I'd just like to kindly ask that new players build away from the spawn point. There is lots of map to cover.

Thanks! :)

Don't look at me!

She's talking about me.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I built close to spawn, sorry! However it was for public use, not personal!! )_) On that note:
    After a long day of building stop by MooTiki's for a nice cold White Russian! They are on the house!
  • I haven't been able to connect to the server since the last update. Is it down?
  • nope, i've been connecting just fine. Although I haven't seen anyone on there for some time now :(
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Same here. I try to do fun stuff and activities with you guys, but you aren't around.
    Let's build bunk-beds, we'll have so much more room for activities.
  • Still can't connect since patch. Something I need to do on my end?
  • What is it saying when you try to connect? Are you completely updated to 1.4.5? Internet working? Etc.

• It just claims that the server is down. I'll make sure everything is updated.
  • edited November 2012
    Tvistor is back in home country and has access to his brother's minecraft account. WE SHALL BUILD MHALDOR

How do I join, what is happening, I am confused. :(.
    Okay, dude. Get on skype. Or at least answer me before I call you over it and laugh at your accent.

All of this is directed at you.

ANSWER ME!
    I'll help you get on it.
  • i am almost tempted to actually log in again to help build Mhaldor

• RuthRuth Singapore
    I already have a cave set up, dudettes. Come build next to me.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Interesting..... though it sounds like the learning curve is hugely steep. :(
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Not really! Just get someone to help you with the first few steps and you should be well on your way to making your own home.

• This still up?  I kinda skipped the past...six or seven pages, so I'm just interested in seeing if the game's still rolling.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Still up.

• Never played on a server before. Is it creative or survival mode?
  • Tvisty is sad. No Minecraft servers were joined today.
  • edited November 2012
    How to join:

1) PM Jhaeli with your username if you haven't already. This will get you whitelisted for the server.

2) Make sure you're connected to the internet, completely updated, etc.

3) The address to connect to should be: 216.246.108.66:25665

The server is a survival server, meaning monsters will spawn at night. If you've ever played a single player survival map, it isn't too different - try to make sure that you have light and shelter by nightfall. If you've never played Minecraft at all before, don't panic. We start you out in our newbie shelter, called the Loomshack, where you can spend your first night safely. (If it's dark when you sign on, make sure the doors are closed and use the bed behind you!) Feel free to send me a PM if you'd like some help and if I'm free, I'd be happy to sign on to play Newbie Guide for you!

There are also a number of "First Night" Minecraft videos available on Youtube that really give you a great look at what your goals are for your first day/night and how to make sure you have light and shelter. (Here's one I found through Google just now.)

edited November 2012
    @Jhaeli add Tvistor.

His name is flamecycle100
  • I am afraid I can not hide in the shack. I will be playing on Mhaldorian difficulty, and the skeletons are lycopods.
  • Actually, the creepers are lycopods. The skeletons and zombies are coming to visit from Azdun.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • The shack is there for new players who sign in during nightfall, mainly. That and a convenient way for me to post up a few commonsense rules, particularly as our population keeps growing.

If anyone else wants whitelisting, please lemme know today. Signs are currently pointing to the possibility of me being away for a day or two after this evening, if I'm lucky. (See above.)