Personal Patrons?

Okay, I've learned that you can be favoured by a god or goddess, or disfavoured by offering things.

My question is this: Do you request a god to become your patron, or do you just offer stuff until they feel like noticing you?
And if you do request, what do you have to do or say?

Best Answer

Answers

• Most divine also have temples with public areas. I encourage you to check each one you may be interested in joining out and get a feel for the flavour of the space, read the writings that may be available there, interact with the denizen(s) and artefacts. Get a real sense of what the Order is like both from their sacred sites and the people in the Order before you commit (devoting yourself to a God is a serious sort of thing in Achaea, usually). 
  • AchimrstAchimrst Nature
    edited December 2014
    Nope.
  • The fact that Achimrst's post got flagged just tells me that he's not entirely joking.

Go on.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • AchimrstAchimrst Nature
    edited December 2014
    Addama said:
    The fact that Achimrst's post got flagged just tells me that he's not entirely joking.

Go on.
    When I truly joke, I put a :p in it
  • Achimrst said:
    Addama said:
    The fact that Achimrst's post got flagged just tells me that he's not entirely joking.

Go on.
    When I truly joke, I put a :p in it
    Lord Caspian is dead. Long live Lord Caspian.

• ngl I thought this was going to be a thread about like... your character's relationships with the various gods.
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • Mathonwy said:
    ngl I thought this was going to be a thread about like... your character's relationships with the various gods.
    well, Nim has this whole general lack of fearful respect for the divine because she sees Pandora as basically this big/little sister, who she personally makes believe is like the order's mafia boss, but then all they actually do is eat candy and goof off and it's like super adorable and

oh

you meant that kind of relationship...

gross D:
  • NOT THAT KIND OF RELATIONSHIP

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • Back on track to answering the question, folks. Thanks.
  • Don't offer because you want to be noticed - offer because you have an RP reason to. My character offers to multiple divine, for instance, solely because he feels that their goals align with his and he wants to offer some essence support. He has never received any kind of response, but that's okay, because it was never about getting noticed to begin with.

If you want to be noticed, ask about the relevant order and pre-order clans.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    My advice is to not use the market channel to get in contact with Orders. Some won't respond at all. Use IC methods by bringing it up with various people to see if they can point you in the right direction.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• It is true, total consciousness will be revealed from Me at the time of your death. @Lideron I've added you to My list. I suspect you'll know soon which list that is. Carry on.
  • Don't listen to the Malevolent One, Fai! Follow your dreams. :innocent: 
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    I dream of the sea!
  • SarienoSarieno Spokane, WA
    Sartan said:
    It is true, total consciousness will be revealed from Me at the time of your death. @Lideron I've added you to My list. I suspect you'll know soon which list that is. Carry on.
    Is that the naughty list? 

twitter - @spacemanreno
  • I have had the pleasure of following an active Divine for only one year of my total Achaean life.  It was definitely different and nice and I  realized what I had missed out on. That said, I do not "follow" a Patron for anything other than RP reasons. I currently offer to Artemis, Pandora, and Lupus, all of whom make sense for Prythe. I have made overtures to Gaia which have been ignored. Given that Prythe's original backstory was coming to the lands in search of Gaia, that rather sucks.

I have a Divine RP plan in mind, which totally fits with Prythe's character and history, but need to see how a few things pan out and also will need some Divine cooperation. 

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Trevize has had one Patron for over 200 IG years.

I don't regret it for a moment, but it did completely change his outlook on everyone and everything.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • As Bron starts to advance in House and City, he's beginning to consider Orders, and whatever role he might play in them. His prior experiences with the Divine have been sparse, by and large: when Lady Ourania visited Galos, he discussed Serpents and their role in Cyrene very briefly. When Lady Pandora thanked him for the spur-of-the-moment offering (something that Bron didn't expect!), he immediately helped create a recipe for rainbow pudding, and paid for 100 bowls to be mailed Her way.

There are two Divine who have truly made a difference in Bron's life: Lord Phaestus, and Lord Scarlatti. The former taught Bron a bit about Divine mentality when he didn't need to, and earned Bron's respect through being at once hilarious and awesome; the latter not only served as a rallying call for Cyrene on more than one occasion, but actually sat down and had a drink with Bron as they discussed the Mojushai at one point.

Sad thing is, Bron is torn about those Divine, even if they weren't dormant at the moment. Lord Phaestus represents industry and raw creation; Lord Scarlatti inspires art and inspiration. Bronislav doesn't often feel in touch with what these Divine represent, because he doesn't think that he's either the craftsman or the artist - Bron thinks that he's one of the people protecting those who follow those paths.

Which leaves him kind of SOL, for the moment. :lol: Still, others have said it so well that it bears reiteration: it's a big deal, take your time, and make it a big RP experience whether it involves choosing an Order or not. That's why some of us play this game, after all. The roleplay. :smile: 

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I'll be someone's personal patron. Offer your questionable women, and don't ask me to do anything too complicated (or anything at all!).

• MasarykMasaryk Sangre Plains
    Kresslack said:
    I'll be someone's personal patron. Offer your questionable women, and don't ask me to do anything too complicated (or anything at all!).
    Sounds like a good deal.