Toxicology: Envenomed Sheaths

2»

Comments

• I think the real question here is: Does cactus weed really smell that bad?
    ^ This is horribly wrong.
  • edited December 2014
    Classes in game that have archery abilities: Serpents, Infernals, Runewardens, Paladins.

Classes in game that have access to the ability to colour and envenom arrows: Serpents, Infernals, Runewardens, Paladins.

Classes in game that can make meteor arrows: Magi (and soon, anyone who takes the conjurer trade skill thinger instead)

Looks like colouring arrows is all covered. If you're getting an artie bow, what's wrong with seeking out someone who can colour and envenom arrows to well... do it... since buying a bow doesn't make you an archer...

On top of that, you can already take your weapon to someone who can envenom and get it pre-stacked with 40 venoms anyway... so... uh... everything you've suggested is already doable... you just need to rely on someone else if you're not one of the four classes that actively use venoms to afflict. Preeeeetty sure the trade-skill split is going to make people do things like this for some of their tradeskills anyway ... so you're kind of defeating your own point... and archers still rely on someone else for meteor arrows. (edit: and serpents for venoms... eventually toxicologists for venoms, if not serpent)
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • edited December 2014
    What's really different about going to someone to pre-venom your blades with the proper stack of stuff if you're a novice, than getting them to envenom your sheath?

If they're learning from someone then I can just see them getting incredibly confused because they'll literally never use the sheath method later and then they'll forget about it and sheath their weapons and then fuck up their actual fighting terribly later because "WHY AREN'T THE COMBOS TEACHER-SEMPAI TAUGHT ME WORKING?!?!"

E: I can see this having niche use in retardation (Magi would probably love it there) but for pretty much everyone else, it's kinda pointless

tl;dr: Why would I get them to envenom my sheath when I could just get them to envenom my sword directly? That's a sincere question. Cause unless you're the only one in your city/house/whatever online who uses venoms, you can pretty much always just go "Hey, can you put venom on this for me?" as a novice and they'll go "sure".

And if you -are- the only one who uses venoms online, then you've got bigger problems.
  • Sheathing a weapon doesn't wipe venoms from it, by the way.

I think the major difference is that this would be fifty sets of X venoms, rather than a single lot of a full weapon load of venoms, so you wouldn't have to go back and get your weapon envenomed again the moment you fail to kill your target. Still don't think it's necessary, though.
  • edited December 2014
    What's really different about going to someone to pre-venom your blades with the proper stack of stuff if you're a novice, than getting them to envenom your sheath?
    If you're just using a single venom, or a short series of alternating venoms (like abab or abcabc), or the order of venoms doesn't matter, there's not much difference except that the sheath as proposed would last longer.

If you need to apply a longer series of venoms in a certain order though, having the weapon envenomed will likely only let you do it once. In order to reset the order, you'd need to either use up the venoms until you get back to the first one (which would waste a lot of time), or have the weapon re-envenomed. With the sheath, you can start over at the first venom by just resheathing for a second.

Envenomed sheaths would also let you use multiple sheaths so you can have multiple venom setups available. That would be a lot cheaper than having multiple weapons envenomed with different sets of venoms.