Announce #4161

"Magi/Sylvans

--------------

- The damage against denizens done by Firelash in Elementalism (for both Magi and Sylvan) has been slightly decreased at low skill ranks, but substantially increased at higher skill ranks. The damage done will now also scale with the number of lessons that have been spent on the skill.

- The damage against denizens done by Staffcast in Elementalism has been substantially increased at all skillranks, and the damage done will now also scale with the number of lessons that have been spent on the skill.

- The damage against denizens done by Thornrend in Elementalism will now scale with the number of lessons that have been spent on the skill."

Did thornrend damage go up for trans? Or did it just scale back for those who aren't? 

Comments

• It just scales back slightly now for people who weren't previously at Transcendent. The damage at Transcendent was already right at our target so we didn't need to adjust it.

• I've been noticing something rather odd. I tend to do more damage with firelash to most denizens than I do with thornrend. I've mentioned it to my mom Roselie, and she hasn't been able to explain it. Example; Three firelashes to kill a buffalo, or four thornrend's. And before you ask, yes, I am Transcendent. The damage varies dependending on the denizen to a slight degree, but what I've noticed is that firelash seems to be more powerful. I don't attempt to hurt anyone, so I haven't checked this against players, but that's what I've noticed from denizens.
  • edited December 2014
    Firelash always does more damage to denizens than thornrend. Thornrend is faster though, so it's generally better.
  • What about firelash enchantment vs dragon incantation?  My testing looks like it does more dps,  but who knows.  With collar/sash, I think it does more than gut too. 
  • Firelash enchantment is the same as elementalism firelash, including scaling with elementalism skill. So as a dragon, you get about 80 DPS unartied. Unartied incantation is about 184 DPS, for comparison. Intelligence will also make a bigger difference for incantation than for firelash because of diminishing returns, which are based on dragon base stats for incantation/gut.