Changing Earrings of Sinope Message.

2»

Comments

• Don't change the artefact for these combat nerds. I bet there's plenty of e-married couples who bought their earrings before Tanris even existed who'd be pissed if this changed to appease people abusing a broken mechanic, and I'm sure they put considerably more thought into it than "lolz i wanna travel to jhui for some mad xp".

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited December 2014
    Silas said:
     "lolz i wanna travel to jhui for some mad xp".
    Dude,  did you have mindread up when I bought my earrings or what? 

Edit: to be fair,  I bet half the Jhui groupies do love him.  I just use him for the delicious textp </3.
  • Lolzrings amirite??
  • edited December 2014
    I think there should be two versions of the earring: one having the original message for when you DO get it to help the spouse or family, and one where it is a more formal relationship of some sort.

I think the original message works for Mom or Dad or the sibling or the daughter, maybe if altered just a bit. But, having had a lot of arties, I can confidently say that the Earrings are one of the most effective in combat, even for somebody as bad at it as me.

When I was nearing the time I quit, I bought 11 Earrings of Sinope, paired with many of the major Targossian combatants, and stayed put in a heavily fortified part of Targossas. I could save people from death while AFK. Sometimes the room became like O'Hare. Some people told me the thing was saving them from 6 deaths per rl day. Was it a thing of romance? No. Was it really good to keep people from dying? I'd say so. I know Ashtan (and probably other Cities, I just don't know ,) has used this type of thing to very deadly effect, and that wasn't romance either. But, the romantic/family aspect of it is definitely just as real. Having a way for one's love to escape death is not the same as what I am talking about in the Targossas example. Could probably cause some great RP.

So, I'd say there are two purposes to the earring and for that reason two types of the Earring should be sold. Thank you for reading my tl;dr.
  • 11 earrings = 8800 credits. Dude :no_mouth: 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • edited December 2014
    11 earrings = 8800 credits. Dude :no_mouth: 
    In my defense, I traded in a large part of my inventory to do it.
  • What kind of discount do you get for buying 8000 credits at once?
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Addama said:
    What kind of discount do you get for buying 8000 credits at once?
    I don't know. I was never smart enough to buy them all at once. X_x It's one of those reasons I shouldn't be playing Achaea.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    @aalm I appreciated those earrings and yes having an active earring partner (pre-nerf) was ridiculous.  You rarely would suffer a true death so could be back in the fight within a few seconds.
  • Achilles said:
    @aalm I appreciated those earrings and yes having an active earring partner (pre-nerf) was ridiculous.  You rarely would suffer a true death so could be back in the fight within a few seconds.
    Thanks! I am almost afraid to ask, what did they do to nerf them?
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Aalm said:
    Achilles said:
    They added a small windup (about 2 seconds) to them so they are no longer instant.  Still very useful, but not just an easy spamable macro to escape off a burst death.
  • Achilles said:
    Aalm said:
    Achilles said:
    They added a small windup (about 2 seconds) to them so they are no longer instant.  Still very useful, but not just an easy spamable macro to escape off a burst death.
    Oh, okay. Thank you for telling me! I hope all is well in the game, for everybody. Miss you guys.
  • You'll be back.

<3 Ernam
  • Ernam said:
    You'll be back.

<3 Ernam
    @Ernam : I really wish I could be back, but there are a lot of reasons why I can't. I will say it was fun as hell, but I was a credit-addict to an unhealthy degree, and also getting nothing done irl. I still like to hear about the game and everything that goes on, but I am one of those people that can't "enjoy it responsibly," and it's one of those situations where you either drink nothing or go back to being a raging alcoholic and die a slow painful death when one day your liver explodes.
  • SO this is what I'd do:

Copy the line
    Paste into trigger line as a regex trigger
    Go to the big box underneath

deleteLine()
    echo("Summoning the internal combative spirit all know you possess, an earring of Sinope begins to glow with the hot fury that is your own in an attempt to save your wounded comrade in a blaze of glory because you're so manly and he's a bro")

What if other people -like- the message that's already there. Or for those that don't use them for combat purposes? Just sub your own lines for everything. Make the game how you want. It's cool like that. 
  • deleteLine()
    echo("OH SHIT IT'S A LION GET IN THE CAR")
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Bumperino

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Hefty

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Couldn't they just sell two versions?  Sort of like the people who wanted an amulet instead of boots, and the people who didn't want to wear a tiara (diadem) and now have the option to buy a talisman?  Or even spectacles vs. goggles.