How would you describe Achaea to a friend?

13»

Comments

• edited November 2014
    Cidusii said:
    Heroin but cheaper.
    Hero-in. That is Achaea: Hero-in.

You play a hero(ine) and it sucks you in. Like a heroin delivery system hardwired straight into your bloodstream. Now, I've never actually HAD any heroin. But playing Achaea, I could imagine the rush with the power of my imagination; Achaea: making you imagine you're on heroin since 1997.

In all seriousness, I am not trying to be mean to the staff or disruptive or anything. I am merely saying the game is so addictive because it's so fun.
  • This is how I would explain Achaea to a friend...

1) A game with no graphics that is left to the imagination. 
    2) A game with an enriched roleplaying environment.
    3) A game that has a great PVP environment. 
    4) A game where you'd want to give someone your credit card, because you're likely to go broke in 2 days..or a few hours. 
    5) A game where you really could be anything you want (within reason)
    6) A game that you will not want to stop playing overall. Sure you will need breaks and it's a good idea to take breaks.
    7) A game where you can build lasting and close friendships that even exceed some you know and have had for years locally. 
    8) I can't think of anything else 

NOTE: I did not read any of the previous posts. I am tired, I want tea, and a bed..and a book. So if there are any repeats, please excuse my lazy and tired mind. Like the last harry potter book, I jumped to the end >.> 

• I just tell them that I'm not right, and they usually understand.
  • good necro, names and shames all achaeans who deign to interact with non-achaeans
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • TerranceTerrance Mhaldor, Sapience
    I think I literally have always just said "text-based RPG." Has worked 2 years +
  • Over the last 12 years I've used a combination of most of the methods used and I've had mostly good, occasionally mixed results. But I know @Amorie and @Caoimhaen are both awesomely addicted now. You're welcome.
  • "It's a really fun, deep, and addictive game with tons of customization, challenging pvp, and nearly unlimited goals."

I don't want to ruin their surprise when they find out it's all text, after all.

"You can read right? So what's the problem?"

Has worked so far.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.