Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Sylvans and Druids: Does PLANT QUARTERSTAFF consume the quarterstaff?

TherisTheris Member Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
This is referring to the command used for grove portability. I think that it used to consume the quarterstaff way back when I first was a Sylvan, but considering the changes to staves (holding sunlight and all), I thought this may have changed. If it does consume a quarterstaff, does this ability prioritize using staves that are not wielded, so that you don't have to worry about losing a charged quarterstaff? What happens to customized or artefact quarterstaves?

Best Answer

• SenaSena Posts: 3,957 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited December 2014 Accepted Answer
    It does consume a staff. I'm not sure which staff it takes if you have multiple; I'd guess it just uses the first staff it finds in your inventory, but I'm not sure how wielding an item affects the inventory order. If an artefact/resetting staff is used, it will reset to you on the normal reset timer (Edit: Might be wrong on this part, it used to work this way but it's been a long time).

Stored sunlight is unaffected; it's not actually stored in the staff, you can destroy all of your staves and make an entirely new one and keep the same energy you had before.

Answers

• KyrraKyrra AustraliaMember Posts: 4,861 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    It simply reappears in your inventory, unwielded. At least in the case of artefact quarterstaves.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

TherisMelodie
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, FloridaMember Posts: 5,086 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    For non-artie staves, it 100% disappears. You need to make a new one with your ported grove.

Artie just re-appears in your inventory though, which is one of the reasons why I had one myself.
               My wing tips waltz across naive
                     Wood floors they creak
                  Innocently down the stairs

Drag melody
    My percussive feet serve cobweb headaches as a
              Matching set of marching clocks
                The slumbering apparitions
              That they've come to wake up
    Mazzington
  • SenaSena Member Posts: 3,957 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    So artie staves instantly return to your inventory and resetting non-artie staves still stay gone until they reset normally?
  • KyrraKyrra AustraliaMember Posts: 4,861 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sena said:
    So artie staves instantly return to your inventory and resetting non-artie staves still stay gone until they reset normally?
    I think so. It's always been a case of an instant return with the Yggdrasil quarterstaves but I've never had a regular staff made non-decay to test with.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, FloridaMember Posts: 5,086 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I believe that's correct as well. Can probably find some forestal with a resetting but not artie staff to test if we dig around a bit.
               My wing tips waltz across naive
                     Wood floors they creak
                  Innocently down the stairs

Drag melody
    My percussive feet serve cobweb headaches as a
              Matching set of marching clocks
                The slumbering apparitions
              That they've come to wake up
Sign In to Comment.