Sylvans and Druids: Does PLANT QUARTERSTAFF consume the quarterstaff?

This is referring to the command used for grove portability. I think that it used to consume the quarterstaff way back when I first was a Sylvan, but considering the changes to staves (holding sunlight and all), I thought this may have changed. If it does consume a quarterstaff, does this ability prioritize using staves that are not wielded, so that you don't have to worry about losing a charged quarterstaff? What happens to customized or artefact quarterstaves?

Best Answer

• edited December 2014 Accepted Answer
    It does consume a staff. I'm not sure which staff it takes if you have multiple; I'd guess it just uses the first staff it finds in your inventory, but I'm not sure how wielding an item affects the inventory order. If an artefact/resetting staff is used, it will reset to you on the normal reset timer (Edit: Might be wrong on this part, it used to work this way but it's been a long time).

Stored sunlight is unaffected; it's not actually stored in the staff, you can destroy all of your staves and make an entirely new one and keep the same energy you had before.

Answers

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    It simply reappears in your inventory, unwielded. At least in the case of artefact quarterstaves.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    For non-artie staves, it 100% disappears. You need to make a new one with your ported grove.

Artie just re-appears in your inventory though, which is one of the reasons why I had one myself.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • So artie staves instantly return to your inventory and resetting non-artie staves still stay gone until they reset normally?
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Sena said:
    So artie staves instantly return to your inventory and resetting non-artie staves still stay gone until they reset normally?
    I think so. It's always been a case of an instant return with the Yggdrasil quarterstaves but I've never had a regular staff made non-decay to test with.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I believe that's correct as well. Can probably find some forestal with a resetting but not artie staff to test if we dig around a bit.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby