Civ 5 - Deity

Is really freaking difficult.

So far, I've won one game as Babylon science victory, with a really lucky start position (mountain + river, 4 cities with 9 luxuries).

Cultural or Domination just seem.. absurdly impossible on Deity, and I usually disable Diplomatic/Time because they're lame.

Also, down to do some multiplayer if anyone's up for it!

Comments

• AchimrstAchimrst Nature
    edited November 2014
    Ernam said:

Is really freaking difficult.

So far, I've won one game as Babylon science victory, with a really lucky start position (mountain + river, 4 cities with 9 luxuries).

Cultural or Domination just seem.. absurdly impossible on Deity, and I usually disable Diplomatic/Time because they're lame.

Also, down to do some multiplayer if anyone's up for it!
    You start really early on shrines, go up the Liberation tree and get the settler then the happiness upgrade one, you build cities like no tomorrow and spread your religion to a neighboring country. After that, you should get a Prophet by then and make the Religion and go for Army/Religion techs or just go straight Learning/Religion and learn everything.

Once you get at least once civilization to adopt your religion, I usually try for two or more, you go full army kill mode and take all capitals with religions and use the inquisitor to kill it and drop some little priesty dudes to spread your religion, rinse repeat. You're done.

Edit: Forgot to add you want GOLD not trade gold but city generated gold! Get some of them religion gold upgrades and do not buy armies with you're religion currency, make armies stronger when fighting for cities with your religion and use the little priesy things to spread it to them since they can walk with armies.
  • edited November 2014

I love playing long-game religion games (favorite Maya) and so far I've never actually died using this strategy, but I always lose to science/culture victory late in the game since going religion and all tends to results in a really low science level and weak army.

Freaking Ghandi man.  Would rather fight Rome (the @Mithridates of civ 5) than Ghandi who turtles, befriending everyone the whole game, then undercutting out of nowhere with UN at turn 350 or whatever.

• Finally beat Deity on Domination only, as aztecs, 6 man FFA (vs 5 AIs).  Super fun, ended up being 350 turns.

• Now come make some new quotes for me to piss people off with in p9