Happy Thanksgiving!

To all you American folks out there. Enjoy the day!

Comments

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Thanks! You too! Happy Thanksgiving! :)
  • You too man. Thanks for the new direction you took Achaea, btw. Happy Thanksgiving.
  • I hope all you Americans implode from turkey. IMPLODE. Not explode, implode.

But yes, have a good turkey day our chair. You guys call Canada your hat, we'll call you our chair. Or throne. Yes.

*shifty* IMPLODE!
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • Thanks - Hope you enjoy the day as well. We have a beautiful day for it on the East Coast.
  • I'm thankful that Neraoes, Phaestus, and Scarlatti haven't be killed yet, and for Iron Elite. Huzzah!
  • Thank you for the event... as much as it hurts OOCly to know that Selene is gone, I really have high hopes for the rest of the event. 

Also, thank you to all my Achaeans, seriously, whether I know you or not. 

I don't have to start cooking for another hour or two but I hope everyone is safe and well fed today :)

mmm satiation
    meh

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I wonder if anyone has ever tried to do a Drunk Turkey with a bottle of rum. -strokes beard thoughtfully- 

• Happy Thanksgiving, guys!

It's my first, and I have yet to taste turkey. :P Hope it'll be fun!

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    edited November 2012
    What a day! Was supposed to have dinner out with friends from work...

4am call wakes me up, their gas main has burst, can they come to mine..? Okay, fifteen people at mine, in a kitchen with less than 10sq foot of counter space. Sure we can make this work, come on over, bring tables, chairs, grills whatever you have.

Half an hour later, coffee is made, cinnamon rolls come out of the oven, three trucks pull up, it's still very dark and not yet 5am. They unload a grill and two kitchen ovens, we move out my washer and dryer so we can fit the ovens in. The guys settle to cook bacon and sausages on the grills outside with the first case of beer (It's about 38 degrees out there) while myself and the ladies get to cleaning house and preparing 2 turkeys, 2 hams, 8 pies and about fifteen pounds of potatoes and trimmings.

It's now nearly 8pm, I was happily drunk and full at 4pm playing team scrabble on the living room floor with the football on. Have sobered up, kitchen is clean, am sat in my pajamas with a cup of tea, my house is my own and this was a truly great thanksgiving.

Hope everyone else who celebrated had a great day too.
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • Had duck for the first time instead of turkey this year. Tasted the same to me, but god damn the excess fat is wonderful to cook with.

• Had a better than expected Thanksgiving. Visited all the people I wanted to see, avoided the ones I wanted to avoid. It was great catching up.
  • Ok, so I went to Walmart, where they are price matching other competitors printed ads, like Sears' ad persay.(Yes, even Black Friday ads)

Anywayyyys, I got this TV for 300 bucks and didn't have to wait in those Black Friday lines like the rest of those fools. Muahaha.

So, get you to Walmart, bring a Sears ad and get a 50 inch LED TV, because they are matching prices. Just thought I'd share that tidbit with ya'll. Good luck with your BF shopping, I got mine done in under 45 minutes like a boss. (This was my first year ever!)
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Let me see....I woke up at 1pm ready to start my graveyard shift, when I looked at my phone and saw all of these texts saying, "Happy Thanksgiving'. Thought to myself, 'That's today? Oh, I don't have to work tonight then!' Went back to sleep for about an hour and a half, got up, cooked turkey, dressing, broccoli casserole, a few other things. Went out to the store for some pies only to find all of the damned pecan pies were sold out (seriously, wtf). So I picked up an apple pie and a pumpkin pie, and a bottle of rum to add to the meal. Finishing the rum off now, and have had a good day.

• So, the list of things I made: turkey, corn, sweet potato fries. Hubby did his disgusting green bean casserole. Forgot to make stuffing and my pumpkin bread, but soooo much food. And my in laws took my 4 year old for the weekend!
    meh