Achaean Regrets

Comments

• edited December 2014
    YOU'RE STILL RUINING CHRISTMAS, GUYS.

Tvistor said:
    Bluef, I'd just like to point out that I think regrets on a thread like this are probably meant to be somewhat mournful and all that stuff. That seems almost perfectly designed to get someone to say:

"ACTUALLY YOU TOTALLY DID X."

And then you'll have to say something like "WELL, I DID, BUT ONLY AFTER YOU DID Y."

And then they'll say "WELL, YEAH, BUT TIMEZONES OR SOMETHING[?]"

And then you'll have to say something like "WELL MAYBE IF YOU WEREN'T ALL COMMUNISTS--"

And then everything will be derailed and the first moderator to read this will have their Christmas ruined. Ruined.
  • Come back and touch me
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited December 2014
    Jacen said:
    If you wanted to be rid of Hashan, it might make sense to, you know, not do things that might provoke a reaction from it. Like not implanting totems adjacent to the Lotus Icon and right outside the city. 

I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you.... OMG THEY'RE REACTING TO ME THEY CAN'T LET ANYTHING GO WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE ME I'M SO INNOCENT!!!
    Jacen, that totem has been there for decades. Literally like a RL year. It wasn't put there to provoke anyone. It was put there, like all of Bluef's totems are, to be used in case of attack. Because that's how totems work - You have to willingly walk into them and they only fire when someone is actually enemied to the owner.

Why does Bluef hang out in that cave? Because she's done so forever and a day - she's been going there since the Eternal Night saga. It's never been a problem before, and she didn't do anything to suddenly make it a problem. 

The area in question you mentioned is not within Hashan or 'right outside the city." It is literally 10 rooms away from Hashan's defendable. It's not more related to it than the nearby stream would be.

And while we're discussing this, let's be honest here: That icon won't be there much longer beyond the renaissance in Hashan. Your city got a stick up its ass about something they wanted to roleplay as being relevant and now they're dying for it: I'm not whining about that because I'm the one gaining all the experience. 

But I also never once mentioned any totem in my original posting, so why you chose to bring this up here and now is beyond me. My original regret was that I joined Hashan and I stand by it. Thanks for demonstrating why that is.

@Jinsun, yes. 

@Tvistor, sorry - you were right. 

• Pretty sure we're getting close to adding "replied to this thread" to Bluef's regret list.
  • You guys are all tugging each other's chains. "STOP PROVOKING ME INTO BEING CONDESCENDING REPLIER #15. Clearly when something is tangentially related to you , you should come forward and rebuke everyone for being antagonistic because you don't enjoy the drama like they do./s
  • Jinsun said:
    You guys are all tugging each other's chains. "STOP PROVOKING ME INTO BEING CONDESCENDING REPLIER #15. Clearly when something is tangentially related to you , you should come forward and rebuke everyone for being antagonistic because you don't enjoy the drama like they do./s
    Why are you s-such a... b-baka! U-urusai, Jinsun baka!!!
  • Your f's are adorable.

• Nim said:
    Jinsun said:
    You guys are all tugging each other's chains. "STOP PROVOKING ME INTO BEING CONDESCENDING REPLIER #15. Clearly when something is tangentially related to you , you should come forward and rebuke everyone for being antagonistic because you don't enjoy the drama like they do./s
    Why are you s-such a... b-baka! U-urusai, Jinsun baka!!!
    I'm gonna need my wtf button. Well my girlfriend watches those manga shows (long a right?) maybe she can translate. She did watch that avatar show for awhile maybe that had some Japanese.
  • Looks like I got a good shot of surviving that pic. Everyone's already dead except me and @Tvistor, and Tvistor's tears will attract the lightning... meanwhile, my head easily slips through the poorly tightened noose and I walk away!

Does this mean I win the forums?

• Jacen said:
    Looks like I got a good shot of surviving that pic. Everyone's already dead except me and @Tvistor, and Tvistor's tears will attract the lightning... meanwhile, my head easily slips through the poorly tightened noose and I walk away!

Is that a noose or some kind of strange magical force field dangling from the sky? I wouldn't talk too much if I were you. You might run out of air! O:
  • edited December 2014
    Jacen said:

Yes, you "win".

"Congratulations."
  • edited December 2014
    Those are clearly Xs in your eyes.

This is why you'll never be a top-tier combatant.

F you @Silas, my 'F's are classy.
  • Sure they are. :)

• Dude that's clearly an alien jellyfish pulling you into space to its mothership so you can be devoured and your knowledge (both mental and biological) assimilated. Your shell will be used to make our world's destruction not merely imminent but simple.

So yeah, I guess you won! gg, we should play Achaea forums again sometime :3

• Tvistor said:
    Those are clearly Xs in your eyes.

Are they? I thought I had sprouted Carmain™ brows.
  • I'm regretting what this thread has become.
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited December 2014
    Addama said:
    Riashain said:
    I love how the responses to bluef are unintentional validations of the regret/complaint.
    I love how Bluef's complaint is so circular - "I hate how people start drama with me, also they're idiots" - in order to guarantee that her complaint will self-perpetuate and multiply until said complaint could be made about literally everybody who has interacted with her, both here and IG.

Like, I get that you want to complain about certain people being shitlords, and I'm sure some of them are, but when you make a blanket statement like "I'm sick to death of Hashan's bullshit" and then act surprised when some people express that the situation might be more nuanced than that, it makes you look disingenuous.  It makes you look like you're complaining only so that you can find more people to complain about.

I understand what you're saying, @Addama. But personally except on rare occasions when it is pretty clear I'm being a troll I share actual thoughts and human emotions about Achaea on the forums. 

I'm not surprised people think that me publicly stating that I'm sick of Hashan's bullshit is just a way to start drama on the forums instead of genuinely being the way I feel about that entire space in the game. This is the forums after all. What else would I expect - Silent acknowledgment? 

It's also natural that people may want to actually express disagreement with the basis of my regret, although I think we can both agree that it's pointless as I'm unlikely to change my opinion about the fact that I wish I had never stepped foot in its boundaries, especially when people feel the need to chime in with barely intelligible statements. 

In short, it's really not more nuanced than this: Bluef doesn't hate Hashan IC. Bluef doesn't hate Hashani IC. But IRL I regret having ever tethered her to that place because the repercussions of it are never-ending. My apologies if my regret turned more into a rant but I guess it just runs that deep.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I think my only real regret is that I had such a difficult start to the game which lead to such a long period of dormancy as a result. The Runewarden guild was absolutely terrible with how strict they were and repressive of progress. I don't think it's normal or acceptable to make someone work hard for over a real life year just to go from GR1 to GR2. My experience with guilds has tainted my view of Houses and that's one aspect of the game that I'm reluctant to be apart of because I now fear that devoting so much time and investing so much energy into my character is going to once again be a pointless endeavor where no actual progress is made. If I'm going to be a part of something, I want to be actively involved.

The time that I spent not playing.. well, that's time that could have been spent enriching my character with more of Selene, because she entered Kyrra's life around 20-21 and her influence consequently shaped the person that Kyrra's become. Some of my best memories are to do with that Order, some of my closest in-game friendships were with other Beloved, and I really miss Kaelar who was my best friend and my sister rolled into one. It was during my dormancy that she herself went dormant and we've never crossed paths again.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Why do I always start out dead in @Tvistor's pics/stories :(

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Antidas said:
    Why do I always start out dead in @Tvistor's pics/stories :(
    Better to start out dead than to end up dead.
  • Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • Amarillys said:
    Basically the last two 'months'. I was having fun and I thought others were to but apparently I've managed to upset people OOCly and now I don't know what to do. So that right now is my big regret. I don't want to be that person.
    You aren't that person. Just tell them you didn't mean it. Those that are worth your friendship will understand. Those that don't will fall away like autumn leaves making room for more friends.