Ashtani RP logs

Comments

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Hey, we got one creepy/FSOD log, and a Jinsunbedstabbing log. People can claim we RP weird, but we do RP. (Also, yes, Daslin is creepy/weird at this point.)
  • No, I don't think I do. I'm sure there's something about it in the Occultists files, but I don't want to imagine the hell I'd get for releasing them here. The events post on the Marovingian and the pyramid was really good, I thought.
  • I've seen more ashtani logs than Mhaldor logs this last day!
  • We should do a thread like this for each city. Would be interesting to see, and might better promote posting your non-secret RP logs for the public to see.
  • Jacen said:
    We should do a thread like this for each city. Would be interesting to see, and might better promote posting your non-secret RP logs for the public to see.
    I know Eleusis has some fun and funny RP logs from just randomly standing Atop the gatehouse.

Would be nice to share it with everyone to show some of the RP going on.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Jacen said:
    We should do a thread like this for each city. Would be interesting to see, and might better promote posting your non-secret RP logs for the public to see.
    Funny you should say that. 
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • HalosHalos The Reaches

Aodfionn said:

Does anyone have any logs of stuff from when the Erisian Pyramid got dusted? 
    Here's a partial one

An eerie voice shouts, "Behold! It has come to pass that the Seal of Dunamis is broken by he who wears the Torc of the Archprelate."

An eerie voice shouts, "As it was foretold, the seven-headed one, long-imprisoned elder servant of Oblivion, the ancient one who is called Marvinogian, is free! Alas for Shallam and her people! Alas for the foes of the Lord of the Abyss! Terror reigns!"

A distant shattering echoes from the courtyard at the base of the Citadel of Light as a massive, seven-headed monster erupts from beneath the emerald Citadel, freed at last.

Overseer Tanris Rozzan, Ascendant of Zarathustra's Herculean voice booms, "Hail Oblivion!"

The voice of the dragon Sohl Vallah, Herald of Ruin thunders, "Hail the Devouring Madness!"

The seven-headed Marvinogian rears high above Shallam, its multitonous chanting merging with the clouds.

A tremendous scream of pain and primal terror reveberates from the Jewel of the East.

The Marvinogian soars into the air above the Jewel of the East, its ancient prison. It trails blood both from ancient battle wounds and fresh scars inflicted by Shallamese defenders

Reaching the apex of the firmament, the enormous, whale-like creature glances about itself with seven identical, frantic gazes, emitting a multitonous, pained cry for aid.

The heavens shiver with foul portent as the rumbling voice of Babel resounds, "I hear your plea, ancient one, and am not insensible to it."

The heavens shiver with foul portent as the rumbling voice of Babel resounds, "You may soon rest. The time has come, however, that I turn you once more to the destruction of deception, falsehood, and ignorance."

Then marvy TKO'd the Erisian Pyramid and Shallamese got a cool message from Dunamis. That's in events news.

Anyway, after the pyramid got blown up, the occultists had a party on top of it. Here is a log of me dropping by to say hello.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    I think the last, lengthy RP I ever had with Ashtani was Mathonwy while he was an Occultist.

That aside, I think I have had some (separate) RP opportunities with Taraus (non-Ashtani now!), Rydalgh, his protege and a random Ashtani novice. Oh, and some banter with Kross too, I suppose. He invited me to dinner and I'm still waiting for him to get back to me! Most of these were self-initiated but the Ashtani were responsive. That being said, I'm always open for RP, so more pls.

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• CaoimhaenCaoimhaen Targossas
    edited December 2014
    When I was an occultist, Amunet (think that's her name), Flair and one other tried to get me to join the occultists house. Sadly I don't have a log.  it ended up rather...intense. I refused rather rudely and she was so angry with me she told me to leave her sight before she killed me. I had come to meter just her I think and I ended up being verbally teamed by 3 occultists. After the interaction I was enemies to the occultists. But I enjoyed that a lot. 

Then there is the constant rivalry of me and Klochild. We were friends before I went all wacky in the game.and joined Mhaldor and later Targossas. Oh yes.and he was also mad about the time I refused to join the occultists. He has always pushed me in combat and rped it very well. And to this day we argue ig, but have a mutual respect for one another.

• Caoimhaen said:
    When I was an occultist, Amunet (think that's her name), Flair and one other tried to get me to join the occultists house. Sadly I don't have a log.  it ended up rather...intense. I refused rather rudely and she was so angry with me she told me to leave her sight before she killed me. I had come to meter just her I think and I ended up being verbally teamed by 3 occultists. After the interaction I was enemies to the occultists. But I enjoyed that a lot. 

Then there is the constant rivalry of me and Klochild. We were friends before I went all wacky in the game.and joined Mhaldor and later Targossas. Oh yes.and he was also mad about the time I refused to join the occultists. He has always pushed me in combat and rped it very well. And to this day we argue ig, but have a mutual respect for one another.
    There was the time @Lianca ordered you killed for attacking the Chaos Lords. I came for you that time. Didn't RP much then.

For those that so anxiously await a public announcements regarding the shrine destruction, be watching the news. I'll hopefully be bringing something to you all in the next day or so. I have drafted it, just want to make sure everyone is in agreement on our purposes and such.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    They do enjoy teaming up, @Caoimhaen. Here's another old Flair log. Nobody died though: http://pastebin.com/BkaFwpd5

• Ahh yes, I remember reading that one. Gods do I miss Flair.
  • CylaCyla Yggdrasil
    edited December 2014
    Hey wow random tells and snippets of logs

When I was running for Matrix I had lengthy discussions with Jarrod and especially Taraus, these are the only snippets I saved:
    Taraus tells you, "Always, always remember that: Everything you do must be done for the -good of the house-."

Jarrod tells you, "Makes them want your guidance and fear your anger, and use that to advance the House, and you'll do great."

Erhon giving me advice on my new position:
    Erhon Lucoster says to you, "Bend, don't break. It's going to be Hell for you for a bit."

After like a rl week of mind games with Katoreos:

Katoreos Trismegistus rattles: I will speak it so you may log it and hold it against me, should you choose to.

You rattle: Collateral freely given is not to be trusted.

Katoreos Trismegistus rattles: Perhaps. But I like clarity of intent. I do not seek to become owner, master, leader, of anyone. I am too old to be a public face and too cranky to be politically motivated.

You rattle: I think you are comfortable moving people in and out of those positions.

Katoreos nods his head affirmatively.

Katoreos Trismegistus rattles: Which means I was right about you.

You rattle: I don't know him as well as I should.

"Eh?" you say curiously.

Katoreos Trismegistus rattles: I had an initial read on you that I later questioned.

Katoreos Trismegistus rattles: But now I see I was closer in my original thoughts.

You rattle: Pray tell, what have you gathered?

Katoreos Trismegistus rattles: You called Datrius your right hand.

Katoreos Trismegistus rattles: Most leaders have a right hand, which is their support staff, and a left hand, which is the secretive group that helps keep them informed.

You allow a wry smile to grace your lips.

Katoreos Trismegistus rattles: You don't need a left hand because you are your own. The Cyla who is the Head of Novices is supported by the Cyla who is a master analyzer.

Katoreos Trismegistus rattles: You play yourself against both sides.

You rattle: And if I attempted to confirm or deny this assumption, you would be proven correct either way.

Katoreos's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Katoreos Trismegistus rattles: I am rather good at my job, Cyla.

Interacting with one of my favorite proteges and family members:

You tell Ethoas Thorngage, "Hey."

You tell Ethoas Thorngage, "You have to do the secret Ironbeard too."

<sometime later>

Ethoas tells you, "Sorry."

Ethoas tells you, "Was mindless."

Ethoas tells you, "What is this ironbeard."

You tell Ethoas Thorngage, "Your punishment is being a secret ironbeard."

Ethoas tells you, "Okay... ahem.."

Ethoas tells you, "WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO FUCKING DO?"*

(footnote from hnt much earlier: Ethoas says, "HELLO SNAKES."
    - 2014/12/05 05:53:58 - Ethoas says, "..ahem."
    - 2014/12/05 05:54:10 - Ethoas says, "I mean.. Hello."
    - 2014/12/05 05:54:24 - Cyla says, "AFTERNOON! I like the enthusiasm the first time. Good for morale.
    "
    - 2014/12/05 05:54:49 - Ethoas says, "I will keep that in mind next time I yell at you.")

Ethoas tells you, "Does this mean i get to kill children."

Ethoas tells you, "So no killing children?"

You tell Ethoas Thorngage, "If you can kill a child for under 10k go for it champ."

Ethoas tells you, "All right, done."

Ethoas tells you, "So like i anon send an item to someone."

You tell Ethoas Thorngage, "Yeah."

You laughingly tell Ethoas Thorngage, "I already signed you up."

Ethoas tells you, "..great."

You tell Ethoas Thorngage, "It's a Xanatov thing, Dairune will send you a name."

Ethoas tells you, "Are you -sure- you're not my mother?"

(bonus) Marcalo rping:

Marcalo says in a confident voice, "If I didn't have this chitinous armour to protect my feelings, they would be hurt."

(Party): Marcalo says, "You will want hypno in place."

(Party): Marcalo says, "When you attempt this lock."

(Party): Marcalo says, "So as to make it roughsex."

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    Oh my god. I love it, @Mathonwy

• Mathonwy said:

Bam!

Ezekial the Scholar says, "Thanks to the brilliance that is Blujixapug."

• Lianca says to Blujixapug, "You can't just be content with an earth golem, can you?"
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
    edited December 2014
    Jinsun said: 
    Caoimhaen said:

There was the time @Lianca ordered you killed for attacking the Chaos Lords. I came for you that time. Didn't RP much then.

For those that so anxiously await a public announcements regarding the shrine destruction, be watching the news. I'll hopefully be bringing something to you all in the next day or so. I have drafted it, just want to make sure everyone is in agreement on our purposes and such.
    I remember that. @Jarrod‌ came to deal with me I think. I knew exactly why too. That was kind of embarrassing, but I was inexperienced and didn't know anything about it. 

@Halos yeah Lianca was who the other was That's a pretty awesome log. You aim high trying to convert Flair. 

edited December 2014
    The first time I defended Targossas was when Ashtan attacked.  @Kross tried to talk me out of it. Later he sent me my ear and a poem. And more recent one was when we were having a mind Lock struggle over my city mates. He was trying to radiance them. He taunted me about having a weak mind. Heh. I won  that one though. 

• I'm tired of roleplay now.. can I just go back to bashing?

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Mathonwy said:

Bam!

Ezekial the Scholar says, "Thanks to the brilliance that is Blujixapug."

To Ashtan's credit, getting his hands on that information significantly influenced some of Vayne's work on ether theory. 
  • Herenicus said:

What? This isn't the place for IC campaign endors... wait, @Bluef! Stop! No!
    Perfect.

• Tibitha said:
    Jinsun said:
    I think one of the biggest problems is with how other cities approach Ashtan and Chaos. Often I try to roleplay with a distant relative in Targossas and the second I speak to them, I get spammed with tells and OOC messages from other characters about how if they speak with me, they'll be ousted from Targossas and how "I shouldn't try to fuck up their character." To the point that many approach me simply to ask what Nihilists believe and we have a calm, educational conversation where they actually learn. The isolationist RP of the religious cities really keeps newer players from getting out and learning. From what I gathered, most discussions involve "Chaos is bad, Mkayyyyy, and will kick you out if you speak to Jinsun." That's how it was back in the early 2000s when I had my first paladin in Shallam. I don't think a ton has changed. It makes it difficult for me to RP with them and educate them.
    That's weird, I haven't gotten that vibe at all. I've had some pretty in depth conversations about what Chaos is and so forth, I got given the Necromicon (sorry, I'm too lazy to go find it's real name) to read and was encouraged to seek out a Nihilist and question them.
    I've gotten weird results, and it may have more to do with house or what person the individual is studying under. With you, I got a polite request to talk, and we had a congenial, calm, and what I felt was a good conversation about Chaos. With Lauria, she was fine talking to me until one day I show up and she runs away and I get spammed with messages from Ruca about how I'll fuck up her character. Hated that day.
This discussion has been closed.