Ashtani RP logs

Comments

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited December 2014
    Talonia said:
    I logged in yesterday to vote for Jinsun for Demiurge because he asked me to. We are very friendly and he is loyal to Babel, and I don't think Sybilla has been around much (though I am just trusting what others say on this, and really like her). While I was around, I tried to get something going with the Disciples, asking them who thought they knew the teachings well to try to see if we could host a city conversation in the chapel, which replaced the orphanage in a positive development quite some time ago. No one really bit, which is fine, people can be busy.

Figuring I might as well flail around with the fighters on the battlefield and participate in some kind of activity while I have the time, I joined for a brief battle against Targossas. Now, admittedly this is just one example, following this Jinsun confessed he was drunk, and it was pointed out to me that party chat in Ashtan is typically ooc. Still...

(Party): Jinsun says, "You know."

(Party): Jinsun says, "If Antidas ever goes class."

(Party): Jinsun says, "I'm going to shit down his throat."

(Party): Jinsun says, "I'm literally going to kill im."

(Party): Jinsun says, "Cut his head off."

(Party): Jinsun says, "And RP shitting in his neck cavity."

(Party): Jinsun says, "You guys can watch, too."

(Party): Jinsun says, "For Chaos."

Jinsun, I love you to death, you know I do. Please, for the love of Babel, accept this as constructive criticism and just shape up. I've not joined any ooc chat clans because I think just talking about the game can put you out of the zone. I cannot imagine what conversation like this, if it takes place as frequently as I am led to believe, does to destroy immersion. If we want Babel to come back, if we want to save the Occultists from whatever godawful fate the Renaissance has in store, we really need to do better. 

I think that most people who have interacted with him would agree that Flair is arguably one of the best roleplayers that Achaea has ever seen. Yet even he had his OOC moments. From OOC clans to party/tells/msgs discussing music, day to day lives, and writing, he frequently shared tidbits about himself and real life with the people behind the players he interacted with. I don't think it harmed his immersion one bit.

The difference here may be that Flair could be a happy, thoughtful, and humorous when drunk whereas Jinsun seems to become a bit more aggressive. That could be due to the fact that they both lead completely different lives outside of Achaea and, I would wager, the stress and natural, professional antagonism in the latter's life probably encourages him to use Achaea as a place to blow off steam a bit more. 

Sure, there are some personality and language use differences too. But if you've interacted with Flair or Jinsun, you should know what to expect from them, and if you dislike it then I think there are better, and far more constructive ways to approach them about the behavior you see as problematic than sharing it on the forums -- during an election no less.

95% of the planning for most IC events is OOC. Flair is no less exempt from that than anyone else. But that's the difference between leaders and players in Achaea; One creates immersive experiences while the latter enjoys the fruits of those efforts. I've heard some of Jinsun's ideas for the Occultists. That House would be lucky to have him as Demiurge before the Renaissance falls.
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited December 2014
    Bluef's not got anything to gain by Jinsun becoming Demiurge (or not). I just thought it was really odd for someone to call him out about something like this on the forums -- particularly "because Flair." So that wasn't an endorsement (especially since I think me endorsing Jinsun or anyone else would have the opposite effect), just an opinion about the appropriateness and accuracy of the OP.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Jinsun needs to work on his english a little, I mean no offense if you/he are/is not from an english speaking country, but your arguments (especially the shouts) are hard to stand up against when it takes about ten minutes to understand what you said, and asking for clarification apparently just gets me insulted. I get by talking to people who use big words with google and a dictionary, but there are things that google cannot help me with. 

I am sure his/your intentions are good, I've had chats with him/you before and it's not like the crazy he/you make(s) (him/your)self out to be on a regular basis. Just need to learn how to deal with people better I guess.

I am all for a little physical or verbal conflict but it's not entertaining when I have no idea what is happening and no one wants to explain it to me, or write "Factions for dummies." I kind of just about get by fighting Targ and Cyrene, and Eleusis is just that stressball that punches you in the balls occasionally but it at least has a valid reason for existence. With Ashtan and Hashan i haven't quite figured out what anyone stands up for other their individualism, which I guess is cool. People keep throwing the word "Chaos" in my face, but "Chaos" itself as far as I have been told and can find as a definition is a state that happens to exist that people can choose to use or manipulate or not use, like necromancy or devotion. It's difficult to view it as an alignment or a religion.

I am wholly expecting the public works of Babel's religion to be shown to me or start existing at some point with the renaissance coming up. I have easy access to most cities basic, fundamental belief systems which is why it's fun and easy to play with/against them in the grand scheme of things, because I can set targets and have something to manipulate into the conflict. 

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Rangor said:
    Jinsun said:
    Sorry, I don't log most of my RP as most of it is rather long and spontaneous. I'll try to find some.

This one got butchered between me being lazy editing and word:

http://pastebin.com/6AG0XAvF
    @jinsun I stopped reading before you got to the sex.
    Sorry I should have tagged WARNING NSFW NO SEX JUST STABBING IN THE FACE WITH A DAGGER because Jinsun is hyper violent and junk
  • Mishgul said:
    Jinsun needs to work on his english a little, I mean no offense if you/he are/is not from an english speaking country, but your arguments (especially the shouts) are hard to stand up against when it takes about ten minutes to understand what you said, and asking for clarification apparently just gets me insulted. I get by talking to people who use big words with google and a dictionary, but there are things that google cannot help me with. 

I am sure his/your intentions are good, I've had chats with him/you before and it's not like the crazy he/you make(s) (him/your)self out to be on a regular basis. Just need to learn how to deal with people better I guess.

I am all for a little physical or verbal conflict but it's not entertaining when I have no idea what is happening and no one wants to explain it to me, or write "Factions for dummies." I kind of just about get by fighting Targ and Cyrene, and Eleusis is just that stressball that punches you in the balls occasionally but it at least has a valid reason for existence. With Ashtan and Hashan i haven't quite figured out what anyone stands up for other their individualism, which I guess is cool. People keep throwing the word "Chaos" in my face, but "Chaos" itself as far as I have been told and can find as a definition is a state that happens to exist that people can choose to use or manipulate or not use, like necromancy or devotion. It's difficult to view it as an alignment or a religion.

I am wholly expecting the public works of Babel's religion to be shown to me or start existing at some point with the renaissance coming up. I have easy access to most cities basic, fundamental belief systems which is why it's fun and easy to play with/against them in the grand scheme of things, because I can set targets and have something to manipulate into the conflict. 
    I'll do my best to enlighten you (pun intended). English is my first language. If I shout it's usually on the fly to add some flare for those fighting. I'll try to do more news posts soon. Been really busy with house election RP and working two jobs. Expect some outward RP from me, especially I become Demiurge.
    flair*

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • Mishgul said:
    flair*
    Geez you'd think for a lawyer, I'd proofread a little more. Also I'm posting from mobile.
    I mean the news posts are fine, it's atmosphere for sure and it's stuff, but there is no slab of ultimate doom planted in some random area detailing what the world should be doing by your ethics, or a book explaining how you should approach your day to day situations differently from any other city/happy band of rogues/happy band of wannabe not rogues.

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • Most cities (to my knowledge) has copies of the Enchiridion of Oblivion. I've pilfered a few to read their notes and forwards. The Chapel in Ashtan has books on Nihilist Freedom. I don't have a lot of extra time to build a monument or write a book at the moment.
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited December 2014
    This is the second time in as many days that I've read somewhere on these forums that people don't know or understand the basic tenets that Ashtan (and their subsection of Occultists) live by or for anymore. I don't know how else to intrepret comments that chaos is difficult to view as an alignment or religion apart from the idea that there must be a growing number of players who were never exposed to the early days of the Revolutionaries (or Eris' Discordant chaos for that matter). Or has that House and Babel's Order really become so completely defunct that the Entropy they once stood for is completely misunderstood (or simply not heard of)?  

I guess I'm a little disappointed either way. The Occultists were once an amazing space to roleplay and what they believed and why used to be as common knowledge as eating myrrh before learning lessons.
    If it is going to be a religion it should not be called chaos, in my opinion, because the amount of misinterpretation surrounding that word just makes the game less fun, though they get their power from chaos so obviously chaos will be highlighted heavily in whatever set of standards they wish to fling around.

Nihilism is a strong word also because of the connotations it has from the real world. At least with Evil and Good and Nature and Darkness and Isolationism and Peace you have a semblance of idea because it's easy to draw parallels and have them actually make sense, and I don't see Ashtan going around with defeatist and attitudes full of apathy, rather quite a heated passion for existing and making sure other people know they exist as violently as possible.

Obviously someone has to draw something up and it would be nice to see that. I mean internally I guess it ticks and works, because people are joining and having fun.

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited December 2014
    Mishgul said:
    If it is going to be a religion it should not be called chaos, in my opinion, because the amount of misinterpretation surrounding that word just makes the game less fun, though they get their power from chaos so obviously chaos will be highlighted heavily in whatever set of standards they wish to fling around.

Nihilism is a strong word also because of the connotations it has from the real world. At least with Evil and Good and Nature and Darkness and Isolationism and Peace you have a semblance of idea because it's easy to draw parallels and have them actually make sense, and I don't see Ashtan going around with defeatist and attitudes full of apathy, rather quite a heated passion for existing and making sure other people know they exist as violently as possible.

Obviously someone has to draw something up and it would be nice to see that. I mean internally I guess it ticks and works, because people are joining and having fun.

If?

Eris and Babel are already the Goddess and God of Chaos/Oblivion respectively, but Babel claims dominion over the realm of Chaos as well. Maybe people have to understand a bit about the difference between discordant and entropic chaos, the histories of Babel/Eris, and the basic precepts of ethical nihilism to grasp it a bit better, but to your point: Nihilism is the result of belief in Oblivion. Placing an emphasis on it apart from Oblivion would be...a little like placing the cart before the horse.

There are a few examples of cults in Achaea (both historically and in recent game developments) that arose out of desire to worship the realm of the God rather than the God Him/Herself. Celebrating and preaching Nihilism apart from the greater Chaos that leads to Oblivion would be the same thing. 

I'm confused about why anyone would think Occultists need to be emotionless too. Nihilism means they have accepted a belief in a pre-destined end to Creation and thus are no longer bound by external morals; it doesn't mean that they don't get passionate about their beliefs or the ethical philosophies that result from them in the contemporary age.
    Because people draw on OOC parallels because the name of the concept is used in the real world commonly. 

But you aren't really arguing with or against me here otherwise.

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Would love to see logs of people actually claiming fraternization, Jinsun - I have yet to hear of that happening from anyone but you. 
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Amarillys said:
    http://pastebin.com/AfwXhmBq

Just gonna leave this here. I know very little about chaos and everything here's improv'd, so don't hate me if I messed something up. Thanks @Daslin for being patient with me. Sorry everyone for being new :(
    Also, looking at it now, just realising how creepy Das is with Ama and how she just accepts it obediently for no reason. I have a weird/overly-dependent character XD

• Addama said:
    Yeah that log was super-rapey.
    Right!? It didn't feel that way during, but looking back at it... O.o

• @Aodfionn ask @Melodie about fraternization or @Lauria about the shitfit that was thrown because they found out she spoke to me as a novice.
  • Amarillys said:
    Amarillys said:
    http://pastebin.com/AfwXhmBq

Just gonna leave this here. I know very little about chaos and everything here's improv'd, so don't hate me if I messed something up. Thanks @Daslin for being patient with me. Sorry everyone for being new :(
    Also, looking at it now, just realising how creepy Das is with Ama and how she just accepts it obediently for no reason. I have a weird/overly-dependent character XD
    @Daslin -is- creepy, but that's how he's been as of late. I felt bad running in and out of there though, I was pearling >.>
    meh

• Addama said:
    So far our best Ashtani RP log reads like Fifty Shades of Daslin
    Ask and you shall receive!
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    edited December 2014
    That was almost as uncomfortable as the proposed screenplay for the movie adaptation of Tibitha's SlashFiction. 

Also, Kadin, please stop having your name being so close to Kaden. I freak out every time I'm in Cyrene and think I'm about to die. 

Does anyone have any logs of stuff from when the Erisian Pyramid got dusted? 
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Aodfionn said:
    That was almost as uncomfortable as the proposed screenplay for the movie adaptation of Tibitha's SlashFiction. 

Also, Kadin, please stop having your name being so close to Kaden. I freak out every time I'm in Cyrene and think I'm about to die. 

Does anyone have any logs of stuff from when the Erisian Pyramid got dusted? 
    Funny because when I made Kadin I didn't know about a Kaden. So when I first saw him I ran up and was like HI! Everyone in the room loled. 
  • ERP logs don't count. :c
  • Bad @Jinsun‌ you clearly need to RP harder.

Ashtan re-inducts and almost immediately gives their best metagamer Minister of Chancellory. I would love if someone shared the skype logs for that.

#AshtaniRP
This discussion has been closed.