Logs of people attempting to RP with Ashtan

edited December 2014 in The Scarlattan Theatre
It has came to my attention lately that you guys are all jumping on the bandwagon of saying Ashtan doesn't RP. We do RP, but maybe not with everyone as much as they'd like. So since you want to accuse a lot of us of not RPing/RPing poorly and say that you "try" to RP with us all the time... I've made this nifty thread to post your 1000's of claimed attempts. @Trey, you have until 9 AM to post one.  :lol: Only kidding, but I would love to see some of your attempts since you guys love commenting on our apparently lackluster RP on a daily basis. (Only if you got raided within 4 hours.) 

Comments

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Aodfionn said:
    While my OP  may have seemed trollish I actually am genuinely interested to see where people think we have bad RP/nonexistent RP. I don't doubt some of you have tried. Though I do believe there are a lot of people jumping on the RP bandwagon who I haven't had/noticed them try to make any RP interaction with us.
  • edited December 2014
    There's a thread called roleplay logs. I'd imagine there are some in the fold.

• Saeva said:
    There's a thread called roleplay logs. I'd imagine there are some in the fold.
    Yes, its for RP logs. This is for people who are apparently breaking immersion. I'd have to skim through to search for a few. I'd also imagine there are quite a few of Ashtani RPing in the thread also. Yet we still have a thread for specific Ashtani logs. I just feel like if you're going to point fingers bring the proof and didn't want to ruin or derail the original RP Logs thread for everyone.
  • Kadin said:
    Aodfionn said:
    While my OP  may have seemed trollish I actually am genuinely interested to see where people think we have bad RP/nonexistent RP. I don't doubt some of you have tried. Though I do believe there are a lot of people jumping on the RP bandwagon who I haven't had/noticed them try to make any RP interaction with us.
    Oh he probably tried to send me a tell or something.

I still have him ignored from the 'poster'-raid on Ashtan where he was yelling what felt like once a second. It was just too much spam for me so I put him on ignore and just left him there.

That and he thinks that raids should take a back seat to RP. Too bad but I play this game for raids and combat, not to cater to everyone else schedule.
  • Trey said:
    @Kadin I feel like you're among the many people who didn't get the point of that thread, and that was for Ashtan to play along as a joke. @Jhui did, and got a kick out of it. I don't think I've ever been among the ranks of those claiming that Ashtan is entirely devoid of RP.
    I got it :P I was not including you in that group. I simply wanted to tag you because you waited 8 hours for the guys. Only felt appropriate I involve you in my thread too. :)
  • I attempted to RP into Vastar's order and then Ashtan, through what can be called the closest thing to RP I have ever see, made up a bunch of stuff about me because Bluef when they knew almost nothing about me at all. I could name names but it's all done and over with I only added it here to show the level of RP involved with Ashtan in recent times.

#AshtaniRP
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    yes but where are the logs

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Halos said:
    yes but where are the logs
    In an issue I made :P

Not to mention I don't want to add their names in here.
  • JeslynJeslyn United States

I'll leave this here...
  • Jeslyn said:

I'll leave this here...

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Ingredients
    2 pounds flank or skirt steak, trimmed of excess fat
    1 recipe Mojo, recipe follows
    Olive oil, for coating the grill
    Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
    16 (7-inch) corn tortillas
    Shredded romaine or iceberg lettuce, for serving
    Chopped white onion, for serving
    Shredded Jack cheese, for serving
    1/2 cup Pico de Gallo, recipe follows
    2 limes, cut in wedges for serving
    Mojo:
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    1 jalapeno, minced
    1 large handful fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
    Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
    2 limes, juiced
    1 orange, juiced
    2 tablespoons white vinegar
    1/2 cup olive oil
    Pico De Gallo:
    4 vine-ripe tomatoes, chopped
    1/2 medium red onion, chopped
    2 green onions, white and green parts, sliced
    1 Serrano chile, minced
    1 handful fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    1 lime, juiced
    1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    1 teaspoon kosher salt
    Directions
    Lay the flank steak in a large baking dish and pour the mojo over it. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 8 hours, so the flavors can sink into the meat. Don't marinate the steak for more than 8 hours though, or the fibers break down too much and the meat gets mushy.

Preheat an outdoor grill or a ridged grill pan over medium-high flame (you can also use a broiler). Brush the grates with a little oil to prevent the meat from sticking. Pull the steak out of the mojo marinade and season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill (or broil) the steak for 7 to 10 minutes per side, turning once, until medium-rare. Remove the steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes to allow the juices to settle. Thinly slice the steak across the grain on a diagonal.

Warm the tortillas for 30 seconds on each side in a dry skillet or on the grill, until toasty and pliable.

To make the tacos, stack up 2 of the warm tortillas, lay about 4 ounces of beef down the center, and sprinkle with some lettuce, onion, and cheese. Top each taco with a spoonful of the Pico de Gallo salsa and garnish with lime wedges. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.

Mojo:
    In a mortar and pestle or bowl, mash together the garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, salt, and pepper to make a paste. Put the paste in a glass jar or plastic container. Add the lime juice, orange juice, vinegar, and oil. Shake it up really well to combine. Use as a marinade for chicken or beef or as a table condiment.

Yield: approximately 1 1/4 cups

Pico De Gallo:
    In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together. Toss thoroughly. Let it sit for 15 minutes hour to allow the flavors to marry.

Yield: 2 cups

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/tacos-carne-asada-recipe.html?oc=linkback
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • To be fair, it's closer to an RP log than anything else posted here so far.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
This discussion has been closed.