Roleplay Logs!

Comments

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    Nizaris said:
    Here is the text of a sermon that I performed in the Mhaldorian Cathedral.

I recognize that opening prayer! 
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    @Herenicus: Yep. Stole it right out of the Common Book of Mhaldorian Prayers, and I believe that was the one that you wrote (the closing prayer came from there too, but was by a different author).

Nizaris is in love with the Common Book. Used correctly, it's a great resource. Thanks for working on it!
  • Is ridiculous how many Mhaldorians haven't read the Book of Prayers or the Apocrypha.

I'm talking about Xykon.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    You're surprised about anything related to Xykon? This is the guy falcon-stealing sweets from the pedestal at Centre Crossing for Gods-know-what.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    @Tvistor: Apocrypha is required reading for the Congregation, and I also require that Drochs pick one of the Offering prayers from the Common Book to use to offer corpses after they complete their hunting requirement for the Heptacle, so they have to search through the Common Book and find it, and at least get introduced to its awesomeness. Then, the house is going to give free Common Books to new Clerics as they are Ordained.
  • Nizaris is a beautiful man, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

I am going to stop derailing before Babel BBTs me.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I actually teared up a little bit at that. :(
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • That was beautiful, not gonna lie.

Still not enough to make me feel guilty. Hail Bal'met!
  • Delphinus said:
    Here's a poignant little log from just before that I thought I'd share:

A copse of oaks.
    The bright sun shines down, blanketing you with its life-giving warmth. A red elm tree grows here, its branches gently swaying in the breeze. A lobelia wildflower is growing here. A low-slung myrrh bush is here. A purple coneflower grows here, its large stalk straining towards the sky. A green-flowered ginseng plant has been planted here. A low-lying wild ginger plant is growing here. A nearby branch is laden with hard-shelled nuts. A large beehive hangs down from the trees above. A lush, viridian plant flourishes amongst the surrounding vegetation. A mighty earth golem stands guard here. A fierce tiger prowls restlessly nearby.  Kastalia, Goddess of the River dwells here amid a nebulous gyre of fine vapour.
    You see exits leading north and southwest.
    You are transported by the power of the Divine.

Kastalia tenderly reaches out to cup your cheek in Her hand.

You drop to one knee before Kastalia.

You say in Eleusian, "My Queen."

Kastalia, Goddess of the River says, "I have something for you, Delphinus."

You stand up and stretch your arms out wide.

Taking your hand, Kastalia gently presses a simple ivory lily onto your palm.

You have emoted: Delphinus glances at the lily, turning it in his palm.

The lily is crafted from white ivory and polished to a smooth finish. The ivory reflects even the slightest of light in a dull sheen that makes the flower appear to glow in anything but utter darkness. Its numerous, gently-curled petals are warm to the touch and come to softly-curving points at the ends.
    It weighs 2 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Delphinus.

Kastalia, Goddess of the River says, "All this time, I kept it safe. Such a sacrifice does not go unnoticed."

Kastalia, Goddess of the River says, "And you, Delphinus, have sacrificed so much."

You have emoted: Delphinus clutches the flower to his breast.

Kastalia, Goddess of the River says to you, "Nothing makes Me prouder, than to call you Mine."

Kastalia leans forward and places a gentle kiss on your forehead.

Kastalia, Goddess of the River says to you, "Forever, Delphinus. Always."

Silent wisps of vapour languidly deliquesce, and with nary a whisper the Lady of the River disperses.

Right in the feels, man.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    edited November 2012
    I'm in the mood for sharing after reading Delphinus' little log, since it made me go back to my fond memories of Divine interactions and how much they can affect a player's enjoyment in Achaea. I feeel you, Delph.

Here's an old log from way back:

http://pastebin.com/zZ00esZL

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• RuthRuth Singapore
    :D

Was never a darkwalker.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• That's even worse.
  • edited November 2012
    Twilight, the Dark Father says, "Let Me... spend a moment with you; if the moment does not please you then We shall both forget it."

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    I miss you Twilight :(
  • @Ruth I remember reading that before.
    I think you either posted it previously or my spy skills are even better than I thought.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    It's an oldie but a goodie.
  • BALMAHT STAHP. YOU'RE HURTING MY FEELS. STAHP.
  • I love grumpy cat.
  • @Melodie There's actually more to that. @Kayeil posted a log of it to the Beloved clan. Oh man the feels are back D:
    meh

• Background: I had applied to join Pentharian's Order shortly after Matsuhama died. Unfortunately, due to the event, I never got a proper start. So Veldrin invited me to visit the sanctums of the Te'Serra.

You say in a dispassionate voice, "I was also supposed to pay my respects to Lord Pentharian."

Magelord Veldrin Crescent Concordia says to Havyn, "Paying our respect to the Dead."

Veldrin beckons Havyn to him.

You follow Magelord Veldrin Crescent Concordia west to Before the sacred chambers.

You follow Magelord Veldrin Crescent Concordia west to Upon an Elysian shrine.

You say in a dispassionate voice, "I had hardly taken a step forward in joining His Order when the 
    way was...barred."

Havyn tucks her head against Veldrin's shoulder and cuddles in close.

Veldrin nods his head emphatically.

You say in a dispassionate voice, "I...cannot cry. I'm not sure when I stopped crying, but not once 
    in my existence since my joining of the Paladins have I ever cried."

Veldrin pats you in a friendly manner.

You say in a dispassionate voice, "...I cannot even shed a bitter tear over Lords Pentharian and 
    Matsuhama."

You have emoted: Synbios grips hard, and the blade of Unrelenting Destiny begins to emit a freezing 
    chill.

Magelord Veldrin Crescent Concordia says, "But as a Templar you do have other ways to pay your 
    respects to those Lords."

Small crystals of ice begin forming along the blade. //conjure illusion

An eerie, aubergine fire limns the stormy sky as tendrils of unnatural lightning dance from cloud to 
    cloud.

You say in a dispassionate voice, "If I cannot cry, then my blade will do it for me."

Veldrin's face is touched by the beginnings of a weak smile which he quickly abandons.
    Havyn smiles softly at you.

You have emoted: Synbios shuts his eyes, and a burst of heat erupts from the sword, melting the 
    crystals into a spray of mist.

• What a boss.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Summary: Was walking around the Halls of Combat initially, looking at the room descs carefully. My first tour got interrupted by PKers, but I managed to stick around, unhassled, for the second round. That's when @Synbios walked past me, and where our interaction started!

----------------------

Synbios:
    He is a mhun. He stands at a height of five feet, four inches. Despite having the
    thin build of his Mhun kinsmen, his body has a bit of toned muscle, evidence of his
    extensive knightly training. His face is unremarkable, with the only thing standing
    out being the traces of his former Tsol'aa incarnation adding a bit of grace to his
    features. He has unkempt short black hair that frames a pair of grey eyes, which
    gaze disinterestedly at the world about him. He has a polite, yet dour air about
    him. Tattooed on his fingers is a labyrinthine pattern of black lines, branching out
    into geometric patterns that spread across his hands.
    He is wearing:
     a shimmering crystal clover,
     a pair of blade-shard wings,
     black leather gloves with a folded cuff,
     a wyrmskin pack bearing the House arms of the Templars,
     a meteoric iron scabbard,
     a bronze talisman,
     a string of crystalline prayer beads,
     a luxurious black top hat,
     a fire pendant,
     a pair of Landstrider's boots,
     a suit of ring mail,
     an amber firefly,
     a pair of half-moon glasses,
     a long black coat of the finest suede, and
     a black camel hair scarf

Ruth:
    She is a tiger-like rajamala. Possessing a lean, well-proportioned frame, she stands
    at an unassuming height of six feet. She is covered in gray fur from head to toe,
    the dull color slightly relieved by bands of white upon her restless tail. She
    balances herself upon the balls of her feet and moves with a fluid, feline grace. A
    sharp pair of amethyst eyes are her most significant features, which stares
    thoughtfully at her surroundings. She bears several scars upon the back, where fur
    has failed to hide it from casual view: a shade darker than the surrounding flesh,
    these scars alternate in length and depth. Originating from the back of her neck,
    they extend all the way downwards, cutting close to the spine before branching out
    into superficial marks laterally. Affixed upon her right arm is a length of chain
    with vicious hooks that has been painfully pulled back to reveal glistening muscles
    beneath the skin surface. Weeping blood and fluid, every twitch of the appendage is
    reflected through the cruelly exposed muscles. Finally, a neat bow has been tied
    around her fluffy tail, the edges of the ribbon trailing on the ground when it is at
    rest.
    She is wearing:
     a contorted bow of twisted bone,
     a stygian Mhaldorian satchel,
     a simple bone ring,
     a length of chain pulling back flayed flesh,
     a ring of endurance,
     a blood-stained crown of tungsten and bone,
     a shining feather,
     a silver lotus blossom pin,
     a small brazen hair dagger,
     an azure ribbon embroidered with a silver tiger,