What have you designed today?

I have recently started finding inspiration IG to randomly start designing things. For instance I designed this mace after talking to @Tesha and seeing her mace, as well as learning about @Aurora's symbols;

APPEARANCE: a phoenix capped mace

DROPPED: Glistening in the dust, sits a phoenix capped mace.

EXAMINED: This mace shimmers slightly, giving it a ghostly look about it, the shaft appears to be made of a silvery type metal, while the grip leads into a phoenix carved from a perfect ruby. The phoenix's wings protrude from its back streached out behind it while its neck and head are streatched forward. Its beak appears to be open as if its screatching. Further of the shaft sits the flanges of this mace, each one being appeared to carved from a large piece of onyx. The dark colour of the onyx adding a contrast to the silvery metal of the shaft,allowing both pieces to stand out.

What has given you inspiration today and what did you do with it?

Comments

• I had a bruschetta designed last night, but the file got corrupted and I lost it. Hurray for rewrites!
    meh

• Appearance (short_desc)
    a plate of cheesy bruschetta
    Dropped (long_desc)
    Steaming slightly, a plate of cheesy bruschetta is here.
    Examined (extended_desc)
    Centred on a warm ceramic plate, a trio of thick, freshly baked bread steams slightly. Spread upon the bread and melding into the nooks and crannies is a thick layer of tomato filling. Leaves of basil and minced garlic mix into the diced tomatoes, releasing their aromas. A thick layer of melted mozzarella cheese covers the mixture and bread, dripping slightly down the edges.
    First Eaten
    You take a slice of bread from a plate of cheesy bruschetta and take a large bite. The savoury bread sweetens slightly as flavours from the tomato filling and mozzarella cheese mix in your mouth. You eat the other two slices quickly.
    Third Eaten
    $+eater picks a slice of bread from a plate of cheesy bruschetta and takes a large bite, crunching softly as $eater_he chews. $+eater_he plucks the other two slices and eats them quickly, emptying the plate.
    Smell
    fills the air with the aroma of basil, tomatoes, garlic, and freshly baked bread, with the hint of mozzarella cheese.
    Taste
    leaves the flavour of fresh bread, tomatoes, and garlic on the tongue.

meh

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    edited November 2014
    I just noticed this
    Trilliana said:
     a trio of thick, freshly baked bread
    and that sounded funny.

That looks delicious though

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Hrm. Maybe this thread will actually inspire me to design something again.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited November 2014
    These are the last few designs and customisations I created:

Appearance: a swirling, dove grey cloak
    Dropped: Dusky chiffon has formed a puddle of fabric where a cloak has been discarded.
    Examined: Swathing the wearer's figure in shades of grey, this cloak is fashioned from yards of chiffon cut  along the bias to drape and swirl softly, resembling ethereal wisps of mist. Ghostly tendrils of the shadowy fabric suggest vestiges of tormented faces that fade and dissipate within the pleats at each slight twirl of movement or swish of the wind. Dusky chiffon eclipses the wearer's face when the garment's slate hood is pulled forward.

Appearance: an unfinished mask (Now held by the mask worker in the Curia's sanctum)
    Dropped: Shoots of white birch lie here, where an unfinished mask has fallen.
    Examined: Two oval eyeholes have been meticulously carved into this unfinished mask. Surrounding the empty sockets, shapeless, peeling white birch forms the remainder of its exterior. Shoots at the centre are still intact. Their lack of whittling or refinement gives the work in progress an ethereally rugged appearance.

Appearance: a painting depicting the exodus of the Curia
    Dropped: An ebon-framed painting is displayed upon the western wall of the gallery.
    Examined: Intricate ebon framework surrounds a sorrowful scene of diaspora. Painted in the centre of this portrait, a beguiling feminine figure surrounded by howling, ivory coyotes points an imperious finger off into the distance from the heights of a grand fortress balcony. A crowd gathers beneath her grandiose form. The wind blows strongly in her direction, causing errant strands to twist away from her tightly woven bun like ghostly tendrils. The vestiges of a calm face lingers ephemerally in the strands, a single, ruby eye glaring at the tableau below with relentless apathy for the afflicted, who trudge off into the darkness of night.

• My attempt at a Pandoran themed ring. They didn't like it so it's getting scrapped, but I want others to see it still.

Appearance:
    a silver-hand engagement ring
    Dropped:
    A tiny hand-shaped ring has been lost here.
    Examined:
    A shining, brilliant cut sapphire sits inside a pure silver setting wrought to look like the back of a hand. Curling down to create the shank of this ring, the thumb runs down one side as the fingers cup the other. Meeting at the underside of the wearer's finger, they are left from touching by a hairsbreadth. The digits, as well as the palm that rests against the top of the finger, are all fully detailed with careful grooves and small flakes of ivory to create the nails.

• Amarillys said:
    My attempt at a Pandoran themed ring. They didn't like it so it's getting scrapped, but I want others to see it still.

Appearance:
    Dropped:
    Examined:
    A shining, brilliant cut sapphire sits inside a pure silver setting wrought to look like the back of a hand. Curling down to create the shank of this ring, the thumb runs down one side as the fingers cup the other. Meeting at the underside of the wearer's finger, they are left from touching by a hairsbreadth. The digits, as well as the palm that rests against the top of the finger, are all fully detailed with careful grooves and small flakes of ivory to create the nails.

So...is the hand -gripping- the finger? I'm finding it hard to figure out
  • edited November 2014
    Kross said:
    Amarillys said:
    My attempt at a Pandoran themed ring. They didn't like it so it's getting scrapped, but I want others to see it still.

Appearance:
    Dropped:
    Examined:

Yeah, apparently someone else had the same problem when I showed them. Yes, the hand is gripping the finger... and that phrase alone probably could have solved some confusion.

Hey, I never said I was any good at this. :P

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    If you're still designing for them, some other Lady Pandora themes could be a black rose and a white rose, some sort of rainbow theme, sweets/desserts, suicide mice (or anything jestery). Lady's personal suicide mouse Dot wears a pink a bow. She also likes pixies and butterflies. Just some ideas if you needed any.  o:)
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Bluef said:
    These are the last few designs and customisations I created:

Appearance: a swirling, dove grey cloak
    Dropped: Dusky chiffon has formed a puddle of fabric where a cloak has been discarded.
    Examined: Swathing the wearer's figure in shades of grey, this cloak is fashioned from yards of chiffon cut  along the bias to drape and swirl softly, resembling ethereal wisps of mist. Ghostly tendrils of the shadowy fabric suggest vestiges of tormented faces that fade and dissipate within the pleats at each slight twirl of movement or swish of the wind. Dusky chiffon eclipses the wearer's face when the garment's slate hood is pulled forward.

Appearance: an unfinished mask (Now held by the mask worker in the Curia's sanctum)
    Dropped: Shoots of white birch lie here, where an unfinished mask has fallen.
    Examined: Two oval eyeholes have been meticulously carved into this unfinished mask. Surrounding the empty sockets, shapeless, peeling white birch forms the remainder of its exterior. Shoots at the centre are still intact. Their lack of whittling or refinement gives the work in progress an ethereally rugged appearance.

Appearance: a painting depicting the exodus of the Curia
    Dropped: An ebon-framed painting is displayed upon the western wall of the gallery.
    Examined: Intricate ebon framework surrounds a sorrowful scene of diaspora. Painted in the centre of this portrait, a beguiling feminine figure surrounded by howling, ivory coyotes points an imperious finger off into the distance from the heights of a grand fortress balcony. A crowd gathers beneath her grandiose form. The wind blows strongly in her direction, causing errant strands to twist away from her tightly woven bun like ghostly tendrils. The vestiges of a calm face lingers ephemerally in the strands, a single, ruby eye glaring at the tableau below with relentless apathy for the afflicted, who trudge off into the darkness of night.

Awesome designs, but how'd you get the painting made? I've been meaning to find out how I can design such a thing.
  • Paintings either need to be crafted by a Scarlattan, who I believe can also do lightweavings, or you can customise them yourself via the typical system (I just finished 'painting' another for the Curia's new gallery. Art has become a big part of Bluef's life post-retirement). 
    Oh I love commissioning artwork! @Harley‌ is my favorite painter.  :)

• Amarillys said:
    Kross said:
    Amarillys said:

Appearance:
    Dropped:
    Examined:

Yeah, apparently someone else had the same problem when I showed them. Yes, the hand is gripping the finger... and that phrase alone probably could have solved some confusion.

I was just pointing this out because it's likely why they weren't okay with the design...

Just think to yourself what it would look like if you wore a ring of a hand gripping your finger. It's the derogatory "sex" symbol used in society. Finger into hole and what not. Wearing a ring would perpetuate that in Pandora's honour....
  • Kross said:
    Amarillys said:
    Kross said:
    Amarillys said:

Appearance:
    Dropped:
    Examined:

I was just pointing this out because it's likely why they weren't okay with the design...

Just think to yourself what it would look like if you wore a ring of a hand gripping your finger. It's the derogatory "sex" symbol used in society. Finger into hole and what not. Wearing a ring would perpetuate that in Pandora's honour....
    I somehow find that completely appropriate. :wink: 
     :\ That never even came to mind. That's pretty awful. Your mind is too much in the gutter. lol 

• Kayeil said:
    If you're still designing for them, some other Lady Pandora themes could be a black rose and a white rose, some sort of rainbow theme, sweets/desserts, suicide mice (or anything jestery). Lady's personal suicide mouse Dot wears a pink a bow. She also likes pixies and butterflies. Just some ideas if you needed any.  o:)
    My second piece I made for them (rejected to because they decided they wanted to design their own :cry:) kept the hand concept, but did it more abstract, and used the rainbow concept. Ama's really unversed in the Divine, though. She's interested, but she is saving it for when she has more time. In other words... I know basically little about their symbols >_<

• I am so glad to see people posting to this, because it is something I am interested in, as soon as I am able I plan on becoming a tailor and jeweler and then I'm going to start making a lot of things. Seeing everyones different idea styles and such is truly great inspiration for me, I really enjoy seeing what others have made and how people like to design things. In viewing all of this it opens up new 'doors', so to speak, in my head about how to design things.
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited November 2014
    Recently a mask worker from Manusha joined the Curia. He shared the story of being "starclad," that is clad in only his star blanket, during a vision quest in his youth. To help make that tale a little more realistic for everyone, I had this crafted so that when you probe the mask worker, he's seen holding "a star-covered quilt" (and the unfinished mask I posted earlier). The rest of the design looks like this:

Dropped
    Stars from a time long passed are displayed here on applique-covered quilt.

Examined
    Stitched with careful precision, stars from a year gone-by are appliqued in a familiar constellation across a dark expanse of wool. Warm fleece dyed a deep hue reminiscent of the night's sky embraces golden asterisms in tufts of mohair reminiscent of ethereal wisps. Although frayed slightly around their saffron edges, the fabric of the celestial bodies is almost lambent.

I really like the tie-in with astromancy and vision questing that the blanket story provides, so a few people might be getting their own customized version in their Logosmas stockings this year!
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    hrmm, what I designed today.. that'd be this

Appearance:

an obsidian bracelet with gilded engravings

Dropped:

An obsidian bracelet has been carelessly thrown on the ground here.

Examined:

Crafted from a light purple obsidian, this bracelet is two inches wide, clasped around the wrist with smooth ruby buttons. Engraved along the length of the bracelet are a series of depictions, enlaid with gold lining as they run from one clasp to the other. The depictions commence with a carefully engraved siren sporting a bandage over her right eye playing a harp, tones flying across the field of the bracelet to a less carefully engraved audience, their only recogniseable traits being smiles. The ruby buttons have been carefully etched to capture the light and create dancing figures, always changing depending on how you gaze upon them.

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Appearance:
    a feathered chef's cap
    Dropped:
    A crumpled little cap lies here.
    Examined:
    Made of breathable, white cotton cloth, this cute little cap hugs close 
    to the head. Designed to keep the hair out of the face and the food,    
    this utilitarian garment has few frills, the exception being the single 
    white linen feather attached to the side be a pin.                      

Appearance:
    a pair of cooking mittens
    Dropped:
    Thick mittens lie here, their story unknown.
    Examined:
    Thin, brown leather surrounding a thick layer of puffy fur makes up this
    pair of mittens. The opening to these large hand coverings expand wide  
    rather than clinging to the wrist, allowing them to slip on and off     
    quickly. The thin leather covering provides bend to the mittens while   
    the thicker fur interior protects the hands from heat, making them ideal
    to use in retrieving food from an over. Embroidered onto the top of each
    rests a single white feather.                                           

Appearance:
    a feathery atavian apron
    Dropped:
    A pile of cloth feathers lays here.
    Examined:
    Sewn together with silk thread, hundreds of small, soft linen feathers  
    form several layers. The small white feathers take the shape of an      
    apron. Coated with a shiny substance, the feathers resist fraying or    
    staining. Attached to the wide straps of the apron, two large wings,    
    made of the same linen feathers, flutter along the back. Designed to    
    attach over a pair of real wings, cleverly designed clasps hide between 
    the faux-feathers. When hooked onto a pair of wings, they flutter down  
    over the real feathers and protect them from any errant morsels.        

Appearance:
    plated trousers of chestnut leather
    Dropped:
    A pair of brown, plated leather trousers sit here.
    Examined:
    Plates of boiled chestnut leather makes up a pair of trousers. While not
    likely comfortable, the garment's construction does makes it safe from  
    tearing due to catching on anything beneath. The leather straps used to 
    lace the sides of the plates together have enough slack that the wearer 
    can loosen or tighten them against the legs. Green cloth takes up the   
    space between the panels, allowing for the legs to bend and move without
    displaying what lies beneath. A similar trick happens at the knee, where
    it has been left bare except for the leaf-coloured fabric.              

Appearance:
    a green shirt with leather laced sleeves
    Dropped:
    A forest-green shirt lays in a pile here.
    Examined:
    A simple shirt of forest-green cloth, cut loose to allow for movement.  
    Leather laces the colour of chestnut run up the underside of the        
    sleeves, allowing the wearer to loosen or tighten them about the arms.  
    The sleeves, when loosened, part to allow space for any protrusion from 
    the arm to stick through.                                               

Appearance:
    chestnut high heel-less boots
    Dropped:
    A curious pair of boots missing heels rest here.
    Examined:
    Supple, chestnut-brown leather form the tops of a pair of boots. The    
    soles of the boots raise up so that just the pad of each foot rests     
    along the ground while the arch and heel remain lifted off the ground.  
    Curiously, the heel portion of these sturdy boots have been left off,   
    making certain that these shoes only fit a particular group.            

Appearance:
    a snow blossom wimple
    Dropped:
    A delicate lace wimple is in danger of being stepped on.
    Examined:
    Created for style more than humility, this wimple of delicate, white    
    silk lace is simple yet elegant. Elaborately tailored work creates a    
    simple yet refined snow blossom pattern throughout, covering the head   
    while still allowing the hair visible through it.                       

Appearance:
    vestments bearing a silver hand
    Dropped:
    Strange multi-coloured vestments lay on the ground.
    Examined:
    Thick layers of satin cleverly sewn together make up this               
    rainbow-coloured vestment. Across the surface of the fabric, the shiny  
    satin shows a variety of colours, shifting from one to the next in a    
    steady transition, making it impossible to determine where one shade    
    ends and another begins. Silver wire sewn in to the back of the         
    vestments creates an embossed hand with fingers splayed out.   

Appearance:
    a cerulean and alabaster dragon-clasped toga
    Dropped:
    A discarded toga is in danger of losing its white sheen to dirt.
    Examined:
    Light pristine linen, the colour of freshly fallen snow, creates this   
    immaculate alabaster toga. Falling down to around the ankles, this full 
    length garment possesses several pins made of cerulean steel about the  
    knees. The pins come in handy during combat when they allow for quick   
    adjustments to the length, creating much more room to move in. The folds
    of this garb press close to the body, ensuring they do not snag. Draped 
    along the body in just the right way allows the ends to drape along the 
    forearms, their length fluttering behind. Hemmed in a delicate cerulean 
    thread that bears the design of olive branches along the edges, this    
    ivory toga clasps together with a small pendant in the shape of a blue  
    lesser dragon curled up for sleep.                                      

Appearance:
    a silver and blue cloak bearing a shield
    Dropped:
    A crumpled pile of velvet and fur make up the cloak left here.
    Examined:
    A dangerously plush layer of royal blue velvet makes up the exterior of 
    this cloak. Sewn against a dense layer of soft fur, this garment is both
    stylish and extremely warm. A small shield clasps the front of the cloak
    about the neck and holds it shut. Cleverly designed, the clasp comes    
    undone with little more than a touch in just the right spot, making is  
    quick and easy to slip off on a warm day. A large, full-sized hood      
    attaches at the neck. Filled with fur that finds itself slightly less   
    thick so it does not block out sound.                                   

Appearance:
    a cerulean hemmed alabaster headband
    Dropped:
    Discarded, a white and blue headband lies here.
    Examined:
    An immaculate if plain white cloth makes up the length of this headband.
    Tied behind the head with a foot of extra cloth trailing behind, the    
    only adornment to this straightforward garment comes in the form of     
    delicate stitching around the edges. Designs of detailed olive branches 
    work their way about the edges of this otherwise uncomplicated headband.

More or less all in the last 24 hours...

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Bluef said:
    Paintings either need to be crafted by a Scarlattan, who I believe can also do lightweavings, or you can customise them yourself via the typical system (I just finished 'painting' another for the Curia's new gallery. Art has become a big part of Bluef's life post-retirement). 
    Just a note here that paintings are not approved to be sold without expression permission of the Commune, or unless the proceeds go to the Commune.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    People need to post on here more often so I won't feel bad for posting all the stuff I've been designing recently  :(

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I have five things to post just as soon as I have my finale! I don't wanna spoil the surprise...

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited December 2014
    Appearance
    an elegant, lace gown with a pine bough skirt

Dropped:
    A heap of pine boughs and lace rest where an elegant gown has been discarded.

Examined:
    Blanketing the sweetheart bodice of this elegant gown, snow white lace drifts upward to a scoop neckline, shrouding the wearer in soft, florid designs reminiscent of Logosmas holly. Thick, red tartan ribbon encircles the waist, blossoming into a festive bow toward the back that trails down the garment's skirt, where layers of flocculent, pine boughs are sewn along an invisible silk underlay. Arranged in an unhampered design, as if by the cool wintry wind itself, the skirt cascades to the floor, swishing with barely a whisper as the wearer moves. Nestled amid the boughs several pine cones are visible, their spiralling scales redolent of spruce and cinnamon.

Inspired by this: