New Artefact Quiver

I was brainstorming a new quiver that would effectively allow non serpents access to envenomed arrows daily. It would function as follows:

• Refill with a customizable number of envenomed arrows daily.
  • Allow the person to choose what quantity/color/venom they'd like to replenish each day.
  • Allow a certain number of venoms to be chosen to refill (5?) and offer upgrades to add new venoms.
  • Possibly offer "upgrades" to the quiver I'm brainstorming and the dragonskin quivers to increase the number of arrows they may contain and/or replenish each day.

Once again I'm just brainstorming before I idea it. Looking for constructive criticism of all kinds on whether you guys would feel this would be a nice addition or if something should be changed. How many arrows do you think should replenish each day? Do you think 5 venoms allowed without upgrading is fine? What do you think a fair price would be for such a quiver? As I said I believe this will effectively allow non serpents access to envenomed arrows and allow them to be self reliant, but not give them an advantage they wouldn't have otherwise if they had a serpent friend. 

Comments

• Last classlead round there was an artefact quiver proposed and approved, but hasn't been implemented yet. iirc it was allowing more arrows or unlimited arrows as that's the main problem with quivers - you have to have lots of them to not run out of arrows all the time.

That solution would also solve this problem as when you get a serpent to envenom for you - which is SUPER easy for all cities - then you get a bigger bulk order done. Doesn't take any more time to envenom 5 or 200 arrows, so no problem on that count.

The Truths hurt. Always.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I really hope they eventually implement something like this, maybe with a discountable upgrade for people who already have the dragonskin quivers.

• edited December 2014
    I'm still waiting on admin allowing meteor arrows to be stored in artie quivers. Currently still under review.
  • I do still however this would be neat to have if it automatically refilled itself each day. No more looking for the serpent (granted it isn't hard) but neither is farming inks and people still bought the palette.
  • There was a meteor quiver sold two auctions ago. I know because I bought it.  :)

One of the best artefact purchases I ever made and pretty reasonably priced if I recall correctly.
  • Since meteors are COMBINEable, there's also the box of stasis artefact for 750 credits that you can store them in. One of the major reasons I bought mine, and I'd be a bit annoyed if they then made artefact quivers (which cost considerably less) serve the same function.
  • Antonius said:
    Since meteors are COMBINEable, there's also the box of stasis artefact for 750 credits that you can store them in. One of the major reasons I bought mine, and I'd be a bit annoyed if they then made artefact quivers (which cost considerably less) serve the same function.
    While I can agree that I'd be annoyed too if out in the same situation I'd imagine there are still many other uses for your box. High quality forgings, bombs, etc. 
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Kadin said:
    Antonius said:
    Since meteors are COMBINEable, there's also the box of stasis artefact for 750 credits that you can store them in. One of the major reasons I bought mine, and I'd be a bit annoyed if they then made artefact quivers (which cost considerably less) serve the same function.
    While I can agree that I'd be annoyed too if out in the same situation I'd imagine there are still many other uses for your box. High quality forgings, bombs, etc. 
    Negative, doesn't preserve forged things (and for good reason).
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Doesn't preserve but does it slow? Sorry for my ignorance. When I was runie I had two 253s with lots of months so I didn't worry about them too much. 
  • edited December 2014

Box of Stasis: 750 credits - This container prevents the decay of almost all items held inside it. It will hold five items at any one time. Stasis effect may not apply to some special items, forged weapons or armour, and decaying talismans.
    Basically exactly the same as a bag of stasis except it stops decay instead of halving it - and you can (I'm assuming) wear it and a bag of stasis, which is a pretty important feature. (the 5-item limitation of bags of stasis is pretty annoying).

P sure nobody wanted the meteor quiver because it doesn't actually give you anything you can't normally do - just a laziness artefact at auction (insane) prices.

Will probably be able to store weapons/armor after forging changes (since everything will be standardized) - however, it'd probably be unnecessary at that point.
  • Although what I recommended can be easily worked around with a serpent friend. It does make you self reliant.  And depending on the number of arrows you get each day and max you can hold I believe it would be pretty neat. As most of us know just about every "convenience" artefact never pays itself off over time. People do still buy them though. Most of them are geared towards gathering/trade skills. I just think it'd be neat to see one for combat. 
  • Kadin said:
    Although what I recommended can be easily worked around with a serpent friend. It does make you self reliant.  And depending on the number of arrows you get each day and max you can hold I believe it would be pretty neat. As most of us know just about every "convenience" artefact never pays itself off over time. People do still buy them though. Most of them are geared towards gathering/trade skills. I just think it'd be neat to see one for combat. 
    I haven't been a raid or fight since I bought the thing in Year 600 and said, "Oh shit, my meteors just decayed and I forgot to re-stock." Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Totally.
    Antonius said:
    While the box is pretty nice, you could have just used a bag for the meteors. I have mine reflexed to take the group out of the bag, shoot, and put the group back in the bag. They never last long enough to get the chance to decay.

• Kresslack said:
    Antonius said:
    While the box is pretty nice, you could have just used a bag for the meteors. I have mine reflexed to take the group out of the bag, shoot, and put the group back in the bag. They never last long enough to get the chance to decay.
    I got a deal then on my quiver because it was only like 500 credits, if memory serves.
  • Kresslack said:
    Antonius said:
    It's a convenience thing, and I'm not exactly hurting for credits. It allows me to restock and then not worry about when I use them. Could be the next day or it could be a year later, they'll still be there waiting for me. Same reason I have, I think, over 2000 credits worth of artefact vials - they're always there waiting. I've been contemplating buying another one to allow me to store more different types of sigils as well as bombs. Also, why not just keep the group in the bag and GET METEOR FROM BAG (which should just remove one, I believe?) and then SHOOT METEOR AT <target>?

Bluef said:
    Kresslack said:
    Antonius said:
    I got a deal then on my quiver because it was only like 500 credits, if memory serves.

That's one way of looking at it. I'd probably look at it as the box being 150 credits per (group of) item(s) stored, while you paid 500 just to store meteors. Not my idea of a deal personally.
    Antonius said:
    Kresslack said:
    Antonius said:
    It's a convenience thing, and I'm not exactly hurting for credits. It allows me to restock and then not worry about when I use them. Could be the next day or it could be a year later, they'll still be there waiting for me. Same reason I have, I think, over 2000 credits worth of artefact vials - they're always there waiting. I've been contemplating buying another one to allow me to store more different types of sigils as well as bombs. Also, why not just keep the group in the bag and GET METEOR FROM BAG (which should just remove one, I believe?) and then SHOOT METEOR AT <target>?

I'll have to try that tonight since I'm not certain, but I think it might remove the group still.

• It should only get the single meteor out, but if shooting fails, you'd have to GET GROUP METEOR FROM BAG;COMBINE METEOR;PUT GROUP METEOR IN BAG
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited December 2014
    ^ Another benefit of the quiver. That's never necessary.

The quiver can also contain a max of 50 groups, which means...well yeah. A lot of freaking arrows. :smiley: